No replies to this topic

#1 rickstascale

rickstascale

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hi guys,

I was just wondering, is Benzoyl Peroxide stronger when its from a new bottle? I dont use Dan's products, im using Galderma's Benzac 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. 

Im on maybe just above the 2 month mark, and i just got tolerance to it a couple of weeks ago. Today i finished a bottle/tube of Benzac, and i just opened a new one except now within 15 minutes of application my face burns and is pretty red in places. 

Im not sure if its just me and just to not worry about it, but would the new bottle someone have a higher concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide (i.e. the proper 2.5%)? My thinking is that i got tolerance to Benzoyl peroxide because maybe the BP in my old tube somehow (if possible) decomposed to another harmless substance and was less than 2.5% (and hence kinder to my skin), or got diluted somehow? (not that i mix it with water or put it anywhere near water...) 

I just don't know why my face is suddenly red and burning... its weird. SOMEONE TELL ME/HELP! 

IS THIS DECOMP/DILUTING POSSIBLE? I really, really, really dont want to go through the whole "hardening effect" thing again... :(

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users