24 replies to this topic

#21 *Ashley817*

*Ashley817*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Day 68 - [60 mg Absorica]

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I've been super busy with classes. My skin is finally really smooth and feels great! I had a small one pop up on my forehead a few weeks ago and it's still healing because the skin keeps breaking as it's trying to heal so it's just a process. Same with those darn spots on both cheeks that I've had for like a month! Other than that, I'm so happy to say it's looking great!!! I mentioned the rashes on my hands a few weeks ago and that is still there. I've just been moisturizing them like crazy.

Speaking of moisturizing, my doctor was blown away by the condition of my face (in terms of dryness). I previously mentioned the lotion I use in another post, but I just want to emphasize that I only apply once in the morning and once at night and the dryness is controlled all day! It's a product called derma e hydrating day creme and I seriously swear by it. It's amazing biggrin.png  

Hope everyone is doing well!

eusa_dance.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6794.jpg
  • IMG_6803.jpg
  • IMG_6817.jpg

#22 Rooth

Rooth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Wow. You're like...such a great example of the drug working. I sincerely hope you never have to do another round (ahem, as I currently am).

PS. Congrats on the engagement btw!! It's always hard to have someone say you'll grow out of it, but at 23, you're pretty solid in choosing to go on accutane.

My LOG - ROUND 1
Accutane started May 26, 2008
(40mg - for 4-6 months) - 22 female 

Result: Only 6 months of being clear and a long lasting impression that the drug f-ed me up mentally

My LOG - ROUND 2

Clarus started November 1, 2013

(40mg - for 6 months) - 26 female (~96 lb)

Maybe not going on the drug has f-ed me up mentally

#23 *Ashley817*

*Ashley817*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Day 128 - (only 25 days left banana.gif ) - [60 mg Absorica]

Wanted to update with new side effects. My skin is 100% clear of pimples (face, chest, back, everything biggrin.png) so I am thanking my lucky stars every day! I've also been reaping the benefits of grease-free hair every day..so awesome.

However, about 4-5 days ago I started having this horrible pain in my lower back (feels like my spine - not a kidney thing) and it's almost to the point now that it's debilitating. Along with the low back pain, I'm getting this crazy bloating in my stomach every single day no matter what I eat. I feel okay in the morning, but it gradually worsens during the day. By the end of the day, forget it I'm a mess..everything hurts and it is SO hard to sleep through the night.

I just did some research on accutane and gastrointestinal side effects and didn't like what I saw. Many people developed cases of gastroenteritis or inflammatory bowel disease. I'll give these new side effects 5 more days and if they don't resolve on their own, I will head to the doctor. Really hoping it's just a side effect and will go away when I stop taking the drug.

Here are my latest pictures. Hope everyone is noticing their own improvement!

smile.png

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7085.jpg
  • IMG_7106.jpg
  • IMG_7086.jpg

#24 *Ashley817*

*Ashley817*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

By the way, this is a comparison of my skin pre-treatment and 4 months in. What an amazing transformation! THANK YOU ACCUTANE eusa_pray.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• photo (22).JPG

#25 Evie01

Evie01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

Hi Ashley, i just read your journal as i 'm on accutane for ten days. I 'm curious to know how all went with you the past few months. What happened with the pains you had? Are you off accutane now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users