Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Non Comedogenic Moisturisers With Spf?

12 posts in this topic

Hi, i am looking for a fairly cheap (less than £15) moisturiser which

doesnt clog my pores//oil free

has spf for my hyperpigmentation

I have combination skin so i dont know which moisturisers to use!

Also, it would be a bonus if it could be found in supermarket or boots in the uk! Thanks :)

From Dan:

Moisturizers with SPF:

Avoid:

• Most sunscreens. Sunscreens are often by their very nature oily and greasy products.
  • Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Myristal Myristate, Laureth-4. See below for a complete list of ingredients to avoid.
  • I have not found any good SPFs other than Oil of Olay Classic Gentle Formula (see below), and Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin.
Look for:

From Dan: "The three SPFs which I have found that work well (and I have tried them all!) are:

• Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30 - In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon into your usual non-SPF moisturizer, and apply.
  • Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive. In your palm, mix with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to increase moisturizing capabilities, and apply.
  • Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin. Nice feel, but must be mixed with a more powerful non-SPF moisturizer to handle dryness after benzoyl peroxide application. In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon with your normal non-SPF moisturizer, and apply. For extra moisture, add 5-6 drops of jojoba oil. (Note: This SPF is quite expensive.)"

if you want a sunscreen with good spf property i say go for neutregena pure & free baby range.

(no paraben + physical sunscreen + for sensitive baby skin)

zinc is good for acne in generally.

u could add moisturiser or jojoba oil etc. to add moisturising effect.

if you have access to one of the larger boots stores check out Avene and La Roche, I dont know the products off the top of my head but most of their moisturizers are non comedogenic and a few of them have SPF. Theyre usually around £10-£15 because theyre 'higher end' products compared to for example neutrogena or simple

From Dan:

Moisturizers with SPF:

Avoid:

• Most sunscreens. Sunscreens are often by their very nature oily and greasy products.
  • Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Myristal Myristate, Laureth-4. See below for a complete list of ingredients to avoid.
  • I have not found any good SPFs other than Oil of Olay Classic Gentle Formula (see below), and Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin.
Look for:

From Dan: "The three SPFs which I have found that work well (and I have tried them all!) are:

• Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30 - In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon into your usual non-SPF moisturizer, and apply.
  • Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive. In your palm, mix with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to increase moisturizing capabilities, and apply.
  • Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin. Nice feel, but must be mixed with a more powerful non-SPF moisturizer to handle dryness after benzoyl peroxide application. In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon with your normal non-SPF moisturizer, and apply. For extra moisture, add 5-6 drops of jojoba oil. (Note: This SPF is quite expensive.)"

CeraVe AM is a great light moisturizer and it has SPF 30 in it. I love the entire CeraVe brand

stephzoars: How do you use your Olay moisturizer?

I just use it in the morning after washing my face. I wear it under my makeup. You really don't need a lot, a little goes a long way.

Some people complain of it stinging on blemishes, but it's only happened to me slightly once (nothing that worried me) and I have MEGA sensitive skin.

I just use it in the morning after washing my face. I wear it under my makeup. You really don't need a lot, a little goes a long way.

Some people complain of it stinging on blemishes, but it's only happened to me slightly once (nothing that worried me) and I have MEGA sensitive skin.