Photo

Best Non Comedogenic Moisturisers With Spf?

11 replies to this topic

#1 jennypenny78

jennypenny78

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi, i am looking for a fairly cheap (less than £15) moisturiser which
doesnt clog my pores//oil free
has spf for my hyperpigmentation
I have combination skin so i dont know which moisturisers to use!
Also, it would be a bonus if it could be found in supermarket or boots in the uk! Thanks :)

#2 biggs881

biggs881

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

From Dan:

Moisturizers with SPF:

Avoid:

• Most sunscreens. Sunscreens are often by their very nature oily and greasy products.
  • Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Myristal Myristate, Laureth-4. See below for a complete list of ingredients to avoid.
  • I have not found any good SPFs other than Oil of Olay Classic Gentle Formula (see below), and Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin.
Look for:
From Dan: "The three SPFs which I have found that work well (and I have tried them all!) are:
  • Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30 - In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon into your usual non-SPF moisturizer, and apply.
  • Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive. In your palm, mix with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to increase moisturizing capabilities, and apply.
  • Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin. Nice feel, but must be mixed with a more powerful non-SPF moisturizer to handle dryness after benzoyl peroxide application. In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon with your normal non-SPF moisturizer, and apply. For extra moisture, add 5-6 drops of jojoba oil. (Note: This SPF is quite expensive.)"

Edited by biggs881, 24 August 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#3 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

if you want a sunscreen with good spf property i say go for neutregena pure & free baby range.

(no paraben + physical sunscreen + for sensitive baby skin)

zinc is good for acne in generally.

u could add moisturiser or jojoba oil etc. to add moisturising effect.

Edited by aanabill, 25 August 2013 - 03:39 AM.

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??
http://www.acne.org/...-with-pictures/

huge pores
http://www.acne.org/...dwith-pictures/

indented scar
http://www.acne.org/...iswith-picture/

oils used for cooking
http://www.acne.org/...oilgood-or-bad/

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
http://www.acne.org/...twith-pictures/

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
http://www.acne.org/...food-allergies/
http://www.acne.org/...incare-routine/

#4 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

if you have access to one of the larger boots stores check out Avene and La Roche, I dont know the products off the top of my head but most of their moisturizers are non comedogenic and a few of them have SPF.  Theyre usually around £10-£15 because theyre 'higher end' products compared to for example neutrogena or simple

#5 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, EVERYTHING BUT MATH. :)
    I want to try and see pretty much everything!

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

From Dan:

Moisturizers with SPF:

Avoid:

• Most sunscreens. Sunscreens are often by their very nature oily and greasy products.
  • Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Myristal Myristate, Laureth-4. See below for a complete list of ingredients to avoid.
  • I have not found any good SPFs other than Oil of Olay Classic Gentle Formula (see below), and Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin.
Look for:
From Dan: "The three SPFs which I have found that work well (and I have tried them all!) are:
  • Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30 - In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon into your usual non-SPF moisturizer, and apply.
  • Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive. In your palm, mix with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to increase moisturizing capabilities, and apply.
  • Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin. Nice feel, but must be mixed with a more powerful non-SPF moisturizer to handle dryness after benzoyl peroxide application. In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon with your normal non-SPF moisturizer, and apply. For extra moisture, add 5-6 drops of jojoba oil. (Note: This SPF is quite expensive.)"

OLAY COMPLETE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN, it's truly amazing. :)

if you have access to one of the larger boots stores check out Avene and La Roche, I dont know the products off the top of my head but most of their moisturizers are non comedogenic and a few of them have SPF.  Theyre usually around £10-£15 because theyre 'higher end' products compared to for example neutrogena or simple

I like Simple's night cream a lot. I think Simple has a lot of great products.

x x Stephanie

#6 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

CeraVe AM is a great light moisturizer and it has SPF 30 in it. I love the entire CeraVe brand
Regimen:
AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone
PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+
Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

#7 Lyanna

Lyanna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

stephzoars: How do you use your Olay moisturizer? 

#8 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

I just use it in the morning after washing my face. I wear it under my makeup. You really don't need a lot, a little goes a long way.

Some people complain of it stinging on blemishes, but it's only happened to me slightly once (nothing that worried me) and I have MEGA sensitive skin.

x x Stephanie

#9 Lyanna

Lyanna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

I just use it in the morning after washing my face. I wear it under my makeup. You really don't need a lot, a little goes a long way.

Some people complain of it stinging on blemishes, but it's only happened to me slightly once (nothing that worried me) and I have MEGA sensitive skin.

Yeah, I didn't feel any stinging when I tried Olay's moisturizer. However, I have very dry, sensitive skin and this moisturizer didn't help at all. You could very clearly see where I had applied it on my face, even after 10-12 hours, and it was very difficult to remove afterwards. Did you mix yours with anything else? I tried mixing mine with a few drops of jojoba oil without any luck. 

#10 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, I didn't feel any stinging when I tried Olay's moisturizer. However, I have very dry, sensitive skin and this moisturizer didn't help at all. You could very clearly see where I had applied it on my face, even after 10-12 hours, and it was very difficult to remove afterwards. Did you mix yours with anything else? I tried mixing mine with a few drops of jojoba oil without any luck. 

Honestly, I have very oily skin. Sensitive and oily. So maybe it's not the best for dry skin? I didn't mix mine with anything, I didn't really have a problem with the whiteness of it ever, it always absorbed into my skin. :\ It was my miracle lotion for the longest time because everything broke me out or made me feel like I was wearing a mask of moisturizer.

if you want a sunscreen with good spf property i say go for neutregena pure & free baby range.

(no paraben + physical sunscreen + for sensitive baby skin)

zinc is good for acne in generally.

u could add moisturiser or jojoba oil etc. to add moisturising effect.

^^ Have you maybe tried aanabill's idea of neutrogena pure & free baby range? Ulta has high reviews for it. It also has a much higher SPF.

x x Stephanie

#11 Randomgirl1984

Randomgirl1984

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

http://www.boots.com...0-50ml_1360838/

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Adjunctive hydrating care spf 30 is a good product and you can get it in Boots.  It's just under a tenner as well.

#12 DayneCarter

DayneCarter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

olay leaves yor skin very greasy/skin looking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users