Photo
Hyperpigmentation

Burned My Face Last Night After 60% Lactic Acid Peel

lactic acid burn

Best Answer ryanresa, 30 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

A new update.

My hyperpigmentation is gone. never ever anymore peels in the future, especially for ethnic skin. Please follow me on : http://www.whiterski...#comment-222144

follow me on: Mrs. Ahmed (http://www.whiterski...#comment-222144).

Go to the full post

20 replies to this topic

#1 ryanresa

ryanresa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Help me pleasssse...

I just did a 60% lactic acid peel last night. This was the first time. The moment I applied, It started burning. I washed my face a minute later.. I had some blisters, which they diasapperade after half an hour. Then I had some white layer, even that disappeared later. I went to sleep, and this morning when I saw my face, I was in tears. I had some burns which are brown.. I am just splashing some cold water and nothing else. I am feeling shy to go out or face my husband in home. I just lost my confidence, looks like everything is shattered. when I touch my face, I can feel this brown stuff. please help me.

#2 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

best thing to do is to slather your fae in aquaphor until it heals up. just let it be for now and wash it twice a day and put the aquaphor on. when i had laser done on my face that is what they had me use and 5 days later my face was all healed up. i went from red to brown to normal looking skin in a short amount of time. dont worry it will be ok. 

Edited by tracy521, 22 August 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#3 hasmas

hasmas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Emu oil helps alot

#4 ryanresa

ryanresa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

I am just worried, will it ever heal , will I have my face back..? I have learned my lesson

#5 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

you will be fine just use the aquaphor. after my laser i looked burned and charred but everything worked out fine i am sure you will be ok. call your derm and ask if you are worried. i also used aquaphor when i burned my face from my curling iron last year and it healed really good as well.

#6 prissygirl

prissygirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi... That's how it's supposed to look like, don't worry... It will peel in a few days and will reveal new skin. I've done peels at home before and thought thesame thing...

#7 Anna Di

Anna Di

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

After the skin peels off it is very important to always apply sunscreen at least SPF 30 when you go out, whether sunny or not!!! It will heal with time.

Edited by Anna Di, 22 August 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#8 ryanresa

ryanresa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

thank you all to be so inspiring. I will keep updating my condition, so that it will be helpful to others as well. I do have Bodyshop Vitamin E moisturiser at present, as I have to ask my husband tomorrow to get me aquaphor or Emu ...But can I use this moisturizer in the meantime?

#9 Remicade

Remicade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Don't worry acid lactic is not so strong like TCA will heal but in 5-7 days.

#10 mrsrobinson

mrsrobinson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

be careful with moisturizer- it has to be free of perfumes or additives when your face is recovering...aquaphor is great, or pure aloe vera gel...treat it very gently like a burn, and it will heal quickly

try to sleep with your head elevated too, and yes avoid the sun....and next time start with the weaker peels and move up slowly

good luck

#11 ryanresa

ryanresa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

day 2 after peel. my skin started to flake. but the one that worries me the most now is, some area is deeply burned near my lips...will it leave any scar or some kind of mark on my face ? I am not picking, even though its very hard to resist. before peeling, my face otherwise was very clear, no acne or scars or anything.

#12 ryanresa

ryanresa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

hello all, my skin has peeled and its completely clear now. no more scabs on my face. but my skin is bright pink, there is absolutely no bleeding or  anything as such.... is this normal ?????

#13 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

yeppers

#14 ryanresa

ryanresa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

day3 after the peel. today my skin is completely clear and a slight pinkish which actually submerged nicely with my complexion. but I am just thinkin a lot about this pink skin. will I get darkened once this pink skin changes to my skin color I mean hyperpigmentation. I have done loads of research, but could not find an answer for this. I have also researched that post peel, when u have been pregnant (I am not pregnant, but I was pregnant 8 months before and  I have already a little one who is 8 months old now) will suffer from hyperpigmentation...could someone help me answer this pleaseeee

#15 prissygirl

prissygirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

The pink will blend back to your normal skin color, sometimes it could go some what lighter before going back to normal and to me, a little lighter patch is much better than dark ones any day.

#16 Remicade

Remicade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Avoid sun, the sun cause hyperpigmentation. A book about chemical peels: http://elibrary.raja...2nd Edition.pdf

Glycolic Acid -(AHA)-
Strengths: 10% - 70% Duration of Peel: 5-15min

GL YCOLIC ACID
Glycolic  acid  is  derived  from  sugar  cane  and,  because  of  its  smaller  molecular  size,  effectively  works  to
stimulate growth of new skin and collagen by penetrating the skin and decreasing the bonds that hold dead skin
cells  on  the  surface. This allows  dead  cells  to  be  gradually  removed,  leaving  behind  a  layer  of  healthy  smooth
skin.
Glycolic  acid  also  reduces  the  amount  of  surface  skin  oil,  which  aids  in  the  removal  of  blackheads  and  other
skin impurities and may help stimulate collagen production within the dermis, the layer of the skin located below
the epidermis.
Used  For:  Acne,  Acne  Scars,  Blackheads/Whiteheads,  Dry  Skin,  Sun-damaged  Skin,  Blotchy  Pigmentation,
Fine  Wrinkles,  Loss  of  Elasticity ,  Large  Pores,  in-grown  hairs,  Age  Spots/Dark  Spots,  Seborrheic  Keratosis,
Hyperkeratosis, and Actinic keratosis.

#17 ryanresa

ryanresa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Hi all... Its been a week post peel. My skin is very clear. I am using Loreal SPF 50 while going out in sun. I try to avoid sun most of the times, but at times, its impossible for me. But I would like to mention that, there is one spot that is bit darker on my cheek bone, which I never ha it before. I am using cetaphil to cleanse my face. Now Could anyone help me, if I can use 4% KOJIC ACID to even my skin tone or is it too early. I am just worried to do anything .

#18 IntrepidJules

IntrepidJules

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

It's best to leave at least 4 weeks after a high strength peel so that your skin is completely healed. In some cases, your skin can take longer than the initial 4 weeks, depending on your skin type. You can 'spot treat' these areas of hyperpigmentation with the peel instead of your whole face. If you want to try something else instead of a peel, I'd recommend using a cream that contains hydroquinone (at least 2%) which will lighten the skin, as well as a product containing Vitamin A (Retin-A or Tretinoin).

#19 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Be cautious with the kojic acid, although it's pretty mild. I've used it after peels, but I only do gentle aloe vera-based peels. I would advice you to apply a small amount of kojic acid to only one area on your face and see how it reacts. If it's fine the day after, then use it on a larger area and so on. Yesterday I got a facial and the esthetician used 25% kojic after my peel and I was fine, but since you are doing stronger peels you may want to wait even with that 4% kojic. If your skin is still feeling a bit tender, then start with pure aloe vera gel at night and then after a week or 2 topically apply the kojic acid. 

Btw, skin lightening creams containing hydroquinone can actually worsen melasma (not sure if this is the type of hyperpigmentation you have), it's one of the side effects. Kojic acid is safer compared to hydroquinone, but it still makes your skin more sensitive to the sun so it's best to only use it at night.

Edited by WishClean, 14 September 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#20 ryanresa

ryanresa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

heloo

I am back with an update. I have got hyperpigmentation around 6m in circular fashion on my right cheek. Totally avoided sun post peel, still of no use. Its just one cheek that's bothering me. apart from this, rest is clear.

My current regimen:

Kojic acid soap twice ( am & pm)

every alternate day st. ives apricot scrub

planning to use carotein lightening gel , but still not finished with my research. I am very sensitive to hydroquinone as it made my cheek raw red when used only once for just half n hour before bed. washed immediately, and trashed hydroquinone. waste of money..

anyone here to advise me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users