acgerstenberger

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hello everyone,

I've been following the protocol outlined by the original poster for a few weeks now.  While I have made a few changes to fit me personally, I'm derma stamping every Friday, and take my supplements daily.  Please see the below stamping schedule, topicals, and supplements:

1.) 500mg Threonine

2.) 500mg Lysine

3.) BioCell Collagen Type 2

4.) BioCell Collagen Type 1 and 3

4.) Whey Protein (Green Goodness shake)

5.) Hair, Skin, and Nails Vitamin

6.) Zinc

7.) Fish Oil

1.) Super CP Serum (copper peptides)

2.) Skin Signals (copper peptides)

3.) MSM lotion

4.) Rose Hip Oil

5.) Tamanu Oil

6.) Lascal Serum

7.) Vitamin C lotion

*Copper peptides and Lascal serum from Skin Biology*

1.) 1.5 derma stamp

2.) Individual needles

*Derma stamp and needled from owndoc.com*

I took ONE L-Phenylalanine pill and almost went to the ER.  I have a heart condition called WPW; this supplement nearly took me out.  Please be careful and listen to your body when experimenting with new supplements.  Just because you can take it, doesn't mean you should take it.  Even if the supplement doesn't have a particular side effect history, it could still disagree with your physiology.

I've tried using TriReduction Cream, Super Cop, and Super Cop X2.  This caused contact dermatitis wherever I applied the above mentioned topicals.  I've used Super CP Serum and Skin Signals without issue.  Again, listen to your body.

On 2.28.2014, I stamped for the first time, only concentrating on two scars on my right cheek. and three on my left cheek.  I stamped for the second time on 3.4.2014.  I also stamped last night, 3.14.2014.  Please see the attached/below pictures, one taken before I started stamping, the other after two derma stamping sessions.  I feel I have good results, despite the limited amount of treatment time.

All redness and micro swelling resolves within four to five days.  I roll every 7th day.

Right cheek:

AMG 03.15.2014.JPG

Left cheek:

AMG 03.15.2014 2.JPG

*The uppermost scar on this cheek does not show as much improvement, as a clogged pore under my skin is hanging out on the edge of said scar.  I'm having this extracted on Monday, 03.17.2014.  I'll be able to stamp it better after this issue is resolved.

Within ten minutes of stamping, I apply both copper peptide products, followed by Rose Hip and Tamanu oil, and MSM lotion.  I follow this topical protocol, morning and evening, for the first three to four days after stamping.  I then use the copper peptide products every morning, and the Lascal serum every night.  I only use the vitamin C serum at night - not with the copper peptides.

I hope this post and pictures are informative and helpful.  Kudos to the original poster for creating this protocol.  I'll post updated pictures after a few more stamping sessions.

Good luck, everyone!

#43 kinimi

kinimi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

I don't understand how you take your amino acids and whey protein separately from each other. How long do you have to wait? 3x a day is a lot, are you supposed to spread out 7 pills and the whey throughout the day, taking them every hour or two? But that would prevent you from taking them on an empty stomach. So do we wait 30 minutes? How does this work?

#44 inneedofhelp!

inneedofhelp!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

I am pretty interested in this regime.

Quick question - has anyone started to break out from the whey protein? I know I do breakout from dairy - so I try to not to eat any but of course whey is a form of dairy. 

Does it specifically have to be whey?

Thanks 

#45 pursuit of happyness

pursuit of happyness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:55 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been following the protocol outlined by the original poster for a few weeks now.  While I have made a few changes to fit me personally, I'm derma stamping every Friday, and take my supplements daily.  Please see the below stamping schedule, topicals, and supplements:

1.) 500mg Threonine

2.) 500mg Lysine

6.) Zinc

7.) Fish Oil

3.) MSM lotion

4.) Rose Hip Oil

5.) Tamanu Oil

6.) Lascal Serum

7.) Vitamin C lotion

1.) 1.5 derma stamp

2.) Individual needles

I took ONE L-Phenylalanine pill and almost went to the ER.  I have a heart condition called WPW; this supplement nearly took me out.  Please be careful and listen to your body when experimenting with new supplements.  Just because you can take it, doesn't mean you should take it.  Even if the supplement doesn't have a particular side effect history, it could still disagree with your physiology.

I've tried using TriReduction Cream, Super Cop, and Super Cop X2.  This caused contact dermatitis wherever I applied the above mentioned topicals.  I've used Super CP Serum and Skin Signals without issue.  Again, listen to your body.

On 2.28.2014, I stamped for the first time, only concentrating on two scars on my right cheek. and three on my left cheek.  I stamped for the second time on 3.4.2014.  I also stamped last night, 3.14.2014.  Please see the attached/below pictures, one taken before I started stamping, the other after two derma stamping sessions.  I feel I have good results, despite the limited amount of treatment time.

All redness and micro swelling resolves within four to five days.  I roll every 7th day.

Right cheek:

attachicon.gifAMG 03.15.2014.JPG

Left cheek:

attachicon.gifAMG 03.15.2014 2.JPG

*The uppermost scar on this cheek does not show as much improvement, as a clogged pore under my skin is hanging out on the edge of said scar.  I'm having this extracted on Monday, 03.17.2014.  I'll be able to stamp it better after this issue is resolved.

Within ten minutes of stamping, I apply both copper peptide products, followed by Rose Hip and Tamanu oil, and MSM lotion.  I follow this topical protocol, morning and evening, for the first three to four days after stamping.  I then use the copper peptide products every morning, and the Lascal serum every night.  I only use the vitamin C serum at night - not with the copper peptides.

I hope this post and pictures are informative and helpful.  Kudos to the original poster for creating this protocol.  I'll post updated pictures after a few more stamping sessions.

Good luck, everyone!

congratulation , i see noticeable results , but needling/stamping every week is so much , your skin need time to heal itsealf , i think needling every 4 or 6 weeks is better !! 

#46 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

I'm curious to know if the OP has taken a break of 4-6 months from needling, and whether the scars resurfaced & returned to normal. I'd also like to see photos.

It's not possible for skin to fully heal or for the dermal collagen remodeling phase to even begin at one week. What you see on the surface does not reflect what's happening under your skin or at the molecular level. As a result, you can cause more damage than good by needling with 1.0-2.0 mm roller/stamp every 1-3 weeks. I understand the desire to improve your skin quickly and also what it is like to be amazed with results when your skin is still swollen and in the stage of repair. However, you have to be realistic too. If you want to obtain permanent,long-term improvement without risking damage, then it's best to take it slow and allow new collagen to form before attacking your skin again. I just get concerned when I see threads like this because people reading it are going to try it at home and some are going to end up causing long-term damage, following the advice of anonymous people on the Internet. 

#47 pineappleXpress

pineappleXpress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

I agree with *Inspired*... when I started needling, I rolled with a 1.5, once a week, for 2 months. It wasn't until I really began reading into how wound healing works, which is essentially what we are doing, that I realzied it is wayyy better to wait ATLEAST a minimum of 4 weeks!

I highly suggest anyone following any type of protocol, may it be needling or any other form of wounding the skin for inducing collagen production, to read up on wound healing and all the different phases (hemostasis, inflammation, proliferation and remodeling). If you are needling every single week you may be interrupting some of these very,very important phases.

For example, in the proliferation phase, fibroblasts secrete collagen "on which further dermal regeneration occurs", this begins around day 4 and lasts upto 21 days!!! Now say if you needled every 7 days, you are only allowing proliferation to occur for about 3 days before throwing your skin back into phases 1&2 (hemostasis + inflammation) therefore, you are not allowing your skin the time it needs to give you the best possible results. Now there is a chance, when needling weekly, that your skin may still complete the proliferation phase and will continue through to the 4th phase, remodeling; however, it will still be thrown back into phase 1&2 every 7 days, so all these phases won't be carried out smoothly because they are being interrupted and overlapping. Atleast, that's my understanding based on the research i've read.

I now dermastamp every 4 weeks and am taking some amino acids (proline&lysine), whey protein, in addition to some vitamins/supplements (vitamin c, zinc and msm) along with using super cop x2 & msm post roll, topically. So i'm not following OP's protocoll to a T, but it's because of OP I realized the role/importance of amino acids in collagen production- thanks OP!!

Remember folks, good things come to those who wait :)

Bye for now friends!

Edited by pineappleXpress, 22 March 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#48 pineappleXpress

pineappleXpress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

@*Inspired*

"What you see on the surface does not reflect what's happening under your skin or at the molecular level."

Well said!

Just because your skin looks healed on the surface after a few days, does not mean that it is done healing down below.

#49 lamchopz

lamchopz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

I agree with *Inspired*... when I started needling, I rolled with a 1.5, once a week, for 2 months. It wasn't until I really began reading into how wound healing works, which is essentially what we are doing, that I realzied it is wayyy better to wait ATLEAST a minimum of 4 weeks!

I highly suggest anyone following any type of protocol, may it be needling or any other form of wounding the skin for inducing collagen production, to read up on wound healing and all the different phases (hemostasis, inflammation, proliferation and remodeling). If you are needling every single week you may be interrupting some of these very,very important phases.

For example, in the proliferation phase, fibroblasts secrete collagen "on which further dermal regeneration occurs", this begins around day 4 and lasts upto 21 days!!! Now say if you needled every 7 days, you are only allowing proliferation to occur for about 3 days before throwing your skin back into phases 1&2 (hemostasis + inflammation) therefore, you are not allowing your skin the time it needs to give you the best possible results. Now there is a chance, when needling weekly, that your skin may still complete the proliferation phase and will continue through to the 4th phase, remodeling; however, it will still be thrown back into phase 1&2 every 7 days, so all these phases won't be carried out smoothly because they are being interrupted and overlapping. Atleast, that's my understanding based on the research i've read.

I now dermastamp every 4 weeks and am taking some amino acids (proline&lysine), whey protein, in addition to some vitamins/supplements (vitamin c, zinc and msm) along with using super cop x2 & msm post roll, topically. So i'm not following OP's protocoll to a T, but it's because of OP I realized the role/importance of amino acids in collagen production- thanks OP!!

Remember folks, good things come to those who wait smile.png

Bye for now friends!

Hi Pineapple, do you have any of the links you previously read on wound healing process?

#50 pineappleXpress

pineappleXpress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

I read up on it a lot last year so unfortunately I do not have any links saved but there are tons out there if you just google "wound healing phases/stages" here's a couple of links that I just looked up:

http://www.curad.com...taid/stages.asp

http://www.woundandh.../physiology.php

http://www.dmmedical...wwoundsheal.htm

And I know some people doubt the credibility of Wikipedia however, this link provides an enormous amount of detailed information as well:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Wound_healing

If you are interested in a particular phase, you can always just google away and find more information pertaining to that particular stage in wound healing.

Hope this helps!

Toodles  :)

#51 lamchopz

lamchopz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

I am pretty interested in this regime.

Quick question - has anyone started to break out from the whey protein? I know I do breakout from dairy - so I try to not to eat any but of course whey is a form of dairy. 

Does it specifically have to be whey?

Thanks 

There's Whey Isolate, that's lactose free I believe.

I don't understand how you take your amino acids and whey protein separately from each other. How long do you have to wait? 3x a day is a lot, are you supposed to spread out 7 pills and the whey throughout the day, taking them every hour or two? But that would prevent you from taking them on an empty stomach. So do we wait 30 minutes? How does this work?

I usually take the amino acids 5-10 min between each as on an empty stomach and small quantity I believe they will get digested fairly quickly, same with the collagen

#52 Zen9821

Zen9821

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

acgerstenberger;
What r you doing to yourself girl. Your skin looks fine and you do not need to be doing this period! 90% + of the people here would kill for your skin. Dont screw yourself up with that craaaazy pver the top regimen. You do not need it!!
Heres what you do if you want to maximize your outlook:
Glycolic acid peel/derma pen rotation every month for 6 months. Retanoid at night. Moisturizer and sun screen in day. Eat vegetarian following Dr mark furman 90/10 rule. Drink lots of water. Thats all you need. No need to screw your body or beautiful skin up for nothing!

#53 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Hello everyone,

1.) 500mg Threonine

2.) 500mg Lysine

6.) Zinc

7.) Fish Oil

3.) MSM lotion

4.) Rose Hip Oil

5.) Tamanu Oil

6.) Lascal Serum

7.) Vitamin C lotion

1.) 1.5 derma stamp

2.) Individual needles

Right cheek:

attachicon.gifAMG 03.15.2014.JPG

Left cheek:

attachicon.gifAMG 03.15.2014 2.JPG

Good luck, everyone!

I see improvement for sure.  One thing though, when are the "after" pictures taken?  Sorry if I missed that somewhere in your post.  Is this a couple weeks out from your latest rolling session with all swelling resolved?

#54 JarredMRoe

JarredMRoe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Hi and thank you so much for sharing this Protocol. I suffered from moderate to severe acne in my teens. it really destroyed the person I was and took away all my confidences. 17 years later and both my cheeks have shallow scars, some deep. This wouldn't be as bad but the surface is very uneven and discoloured which makes it look so much worse. 

I am going to follow your protocol for as long as it takes but am struggling to find x2 ingredients in the UK. These are 

• 500mg of the amino acid Threonine
  • SuperCopx2

I can get the Threonine from the US but takes a long time to arrive, As for the SuperCopx2 no luck finding it. I have how ever come across a product called Dermier roller collagen which has alot of positive feedback. Could anyone tell me if this will be a good substitute? Or could you tell me how to get hold of the SuperCopx2 . I am so desperate to be able to look in the mirror and be happy with what stares back its been a dream for so long now. 

I will be more than happy to share my progress throughout with lots of photos, i just need the support to get me started. I also think it would be a great help if you show picture of your face now to give hope on what to expect.

Thank again

jarred Roe

#55 pineappleXpress

pineappleXpress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Crownroyal, haven't heard from you in a while. Wondering how you're doing with this protocol. Hopefully still seeing results?

#56 CrispyCraters

CrispyCraters

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'm curious to know if the OP has taken a break of 4-6 months from needling, and whether the scars resurfaced & returned to normal. I'd also like to see photos.

It's not possible for skin to fully heal or for the dermal collagen remodeling phase to even begin at one week. What you see on the surface does not reflect what's happening under your skin or at the molecular level. As a result, you can cause more damage than good by needling with 1.0-2.0 mm roller/stamp every 1-3 weeks. I understand the desire to improve your skin quickly and also what it is like to be amazed with results when your skin is still swollen and in the stage of repair. However, you have to be realistic too. If you want to obtain permanent,long-term improvement without risking damage, then it's best to take it slow and allow new collagen to form before attacking your skin again. I just get concerned when I see threads like this because people reading it are going to try it at home and some are going to end up causing long-term damage, following the advice of anonymous people on the Internet. 

The things you read in books are applicable for normal biological conditions, this isn't that.

Example: Under normal conditions someone can gain noticeable signs of  muscle growth in about 6 months of hard working out. However if you add Testosterone injections you'll see gains in about a month because it greatly increases the way your body repairs and rebuilds your muscles. Point being the information you're giving is not really applicable since this protocol would be bringing your body out of "normal conditions" and into a better state of healing. 

Edited by CrispyCraters, 09 April 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#57 aznkid77

aznkid77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

anyone else tried this and got interesting results? I wanna start trying this routine once the summer break begins

#58 BioNeedle

BioNeedle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

I am also wondering if anyone else who has tried this can give some input? I am willing to try this and give pictures, but I still need to wait 6 months as I just finished my accutane course.

#59 nanoscar

nanoscar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for posting your. I am new to this site but I've suffered from acne and deep acne scarring for two decades. I'd be encouraging if you posted photos to see how you've been improving.

Thanks!

#60 bud369

bud369

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hey i just got off accutane 2 months ago so im not going to do the dermaroller, but will just the pills help at all? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users