acne acnescars scars heal water fast

203 replies to this topic

#121 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

Ok so apart from the typical indented acne scars and raised ones, what do ye think of fasting to heal scarred and stretched pores?

I feel like they would be the most difficult to repair. Any experiences/opinions?

Well, pores arent scars. If you have large pores, i dont think there is a solution for that? That depends on your genetics. Look at your parent's skin so you have an idea of what your skin would normally look like.
Although, if your a teenager, when you get out of puberty your pores might shrink because your hormones are stabilized therefore less oil on your skin. My parents dont have large pores, but i have large pores on my nose.
So im guessing that's because im still a teenager and my hormones are crazy so it produces too much oil.

Btw, isnt scarred pores the same as icepick scars? Just smaller like pin pricks? If so, then yes it may be able to help it.

Everything i said is just my opinion so you dont have to believe it.

Edited by AghhNe, 21 September 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#122 hasmas

hasmas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

The hunger you feel is the best part with fasting , it balances alot of your hormones

Edited by hasmas, 21 September 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Accutane empire

#123 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

The hunger you feel is the best part with fasting , it balances alot of your hormones

How`d you know that? Im just curious, cause i havent read that anywhere.

I must say that hunger decreased today but i have moments when my i get hunger pains.

#124 hasmas

hasmas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

I must say that hunger decreased today but i have moments when my i get hunger pains.

Search on Google for it :)

Accutane empire

#125 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Search on Google for it smile.png

Sorry but i cannot see anything about it.

#126 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Stayingpositive just relax and read books when you are thirsty drink water (dont drink to much water) when you feel tired go to bed dont worry to much stress is not good in a fast. There is also a five detox cycle you can do you can read about it herehttp://www.fastingco...um/5-step-detoxStarting my fast today

Hey duffq,

A birthday is coming just after 4 days of my water fast.
I know i have to break it gently but i cant not eat on the birhday.

So i was wondering,
The first day after my fast, i will eat watermelon every 2 hours.
The next day, i will introduce salads and eat watermelon. I will also eat a little piece of meat so that my body can adjust to it.
The next day i will eat more meat but not too much and eat salads and fruits.
After that, it's a birthday, so before it, ill eat a bit of rice with meat and salads and fruits.

Is that okay?

#127 hasmas

hasmas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Search on Google for it smile.png

Sorry but i cannot see anything about it.

http://www.smartfitw...g-and-fat-loss/

Accutane empire

#128 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Broke my fast.
I puke yellowish green bile which a lot of fasters experience.

I broke my fast with watermelon.

Anyways, ima fast again maybe at november if not, maybe at january.

Anyways, im going to fast throughout my life.

#129 Tayto101

Tayto101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Broke my fast.

Hey, how long did you fast for after?

Did you notice any effects on your skin?

#130 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

I think the only way to convince people is to actually take a before and after photo (if you make it, that is) and show us the results. That's a way to end the debate. 

I was nearly hospitalized when I tried to fast for only a few days when I had an eating disorder, but my body was already weak. Anyway, you should compare before and after photos. 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#131 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Broke my fast.

Hey, how long did you fast for after?
Did you notice any effects on your skin?
I did 6 almost going to 7 days of water fast. It was just about 3-4 hours before the 7th day.

Effects.. I'd say my skin look brighter and has a glow. During my water fast, my skin peeled. My marks got a tad lighter. Yep.
I dont know about the scars. Probably not a significant difference since it is just a 7 day water fast. If it was more than 14 days of water fast though, then that'd be a very different story.

Anyway, my next fast im aiming for 20 days.
So far, this is my longest fast.

I think the only way to convince people is to actually take a before and after photo (if you make it, that is) and show us the results. That's a way to end the debate. 
I was nearly hospitalized when I tried to fast for only a few days when I had an eating disorder, but my body was already weak. Anyway, you should compare before and after photos. 

Well, fasting isnt really recommended to those with eating disorders.
But yeah your right.

I dont know about other fasters here but, im not really interested in convincing people. Actually, i have no motivation or whatsoever to convince someone to fast.
I just dont like when people bash water fasting with all the jibberish they came with based on their fears,etc. if only they'd do a research.
When i was young, i thought i'd faint if i skipped break fast. And my mom said, my body will eat my organs if i dont eat for a dat. Lol. And then i water fasted 7 days. Like it's fine if they'd disagree after they present some legit information.

Before and after pictures. Im very sensitive when it comes to that. You see, i have this scar, not from acne. If i would post a picture of me then people who knew me can i dentify my with it.
In addition, i have a phobia with cameras and photos ever since acne and scars happened.

So really, all my purpose in this thread is because i wanna see other people's experiences and ask questions. If other people would like to try it, by all means go for it. I just hope they do know what they are putting themselves into before they jump in.
Do it with someone supervising you if you must.

Edited by AghhNe, 24 September 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#132 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I post them after the fast im starting my fast today whistling.gif)

so how is it going?

#133 duffq

duffq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

My skin is starting to peel

#134 Tayto101

Tayto101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

Peel like sunburn or what?

What day are you on? 

#135 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

7 pages and no before and after pictures? Dag...

I'm not interested in fasting for any reason, yet it is kind of interesting to read about how others are doing this.

Pictures would be great though...

#136 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Dufffq,
Did you break your fast already?
What's the results? Pls update. Im really interested.

#137 Tayto101

Tayto101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Anybody fasting?

Duffq, you said there was an improvement in your skin within a week, some updates please??

Don't leave us hangin!

#138 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

*crickets*

#139 kefirfan

kefirfan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

come on guys, feed us with some updates

I'm immensely interested in this topic

#140 bolt187

bolt187

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

Hi,

I posted in this topic a while back when I was doing a fast.

I never followed up but just to update the fast really changed my life, it has given my confidence, I go out all the time now I don't stay inside hiding in my room anymore.

Too add I only did 18 days of fasting, I wanted to do 21-25 ideally but actually stopped because my skin was really really bad at one point!

It was fine the first 10 days then I started breaking out really bad and my skin looked horrible during the fast, so I stopped on day 18, my skin when I started to eat again cleared up amazingly and when the active acne went away I could see my face properly and it was amazing how much the fast helped my scaring!

I didn't realize at the time because I had loads and loads of active acne so didn't bother looking at scaring till about 5 days after the fast . And another thing I had really bad skin tone like rocesea. The bits of cheek under eyes and around the nose. Before everyday at 7pm my face was bright red now it stays the same! Again during the fast it was still red everyday 7pm but when I started eating again it just stopped and my skin is all just the same colour now, no hot flashes or flushing anymore bright red face.

Also I had oily skin very oily, I wear moistiriser then 3 hours later my face is shining with excess oil, now I can wear it 12 hours no problem without any shine.

It is really weird because I was actually gutted for doing 18 days fasting and my face was worst then when I started the fast when I broke it, really it was.

It was only till I started eating again maybe 5 days after that I could see that the fasting had changed my skin completely whatever my body went through, (I had been a smoker for 5 years, smoking pot every day for about 3 years). And I noticed my skin was still healing improving for about 1 week after the fast. So to me it seems that it's not during the fast where your skin will change so much, it seems to be when you reintroduce food that it starts healing more and more,. 

I was annoyed that I didn't do longer when I realised how much it helped but really like I said at the time I was gutted because my skin was worst I thought I drank water for 18 days for nothing because of how bad it was. It was only when I started eating again my skin changed dramatically. Maybe the scaring had cleared during the fast and I just didn't notice because I had a lot of active acne during the fast.

Anyway just to summarise do it! What do you have to lose? It costs you nothing and may change your life like it changed mine.

I am not saying my face is pefefct now but really pre fast it was like 6/10  (1 being perfect, 10 being serve) scars and active acne, on day 18 it was like 8/10 for active acne (i didn't really pay much attention to scaring as my face had so many active spots it was horrible). Now my skin really is a 2.5 or 3/10. It's not perfect but it really is nearly clear of everything and most importantly skin tone is all even and same colour instead of red blotches/rocesea.

I do have photos of skin before but I am a shy person so not sure if I will put up and it doesn't detail or show the redness/rocesea problem I had with flushing in evening due to lighting but think to yourself why would I lie?

I have nothing to gain and have been completely honest saying that during the fast my skin was horrible and broke my fast because of how much active acne I had which must have been just all the toxins taking long time to detox due to me abusing my body for so long. 

I just think if you are doing it you really need to go 14+ days for it to really change your skin. Doing it for 7 days or 10 days isn't going to do much for you, you need to aim for 21 days as they say the real healing starts 14+ days. 

I hope I have inspired someone to try it, just stick it out 21 days is what I would aim for. I ate a load of shit before smoked 19 fags the day before the fast and some pot, I was as unhealthly as you can get I had nausea a couple hours a day from days 7-15 but you just have to suck it up. I say this as people think you can't just come straight into a fast like this you need to eat heathly for 1  or 2 months before, which I disagree with. As like said I was fine the whole time during the fast bar nausea which all fasters get at some point and I gurantee I am probably one of the most unhealthiest eaters and general life style (smoking pot for 3 years) you will find on this site before I did the fast.

Now I stopped smoking, I didn't crave cigarettes during the fast because I was craving food instead! And since the fast broke never thought about smoking again. . Really, fasting has changed my life and lifestyle so much I have a great girlfriend and a social life with many people now.

Edited by bolt187, 19 December 2013 - 06:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users