acne acnescars scars heal water fast

203 replies to this topic

#41 LovePlastic

LovePlastic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

A water fast WILL NOT kill you. A pet peeve of mine is people who knowck something without even trying it or knowing what it is. Reminds me opf all my sick friends who keep telling me I'm gonna die for being "too healthy".

On topic I fasted for about 14 days, it wasn't a water fast as I drank different healthy liquids but let me tell you, my scars were clearing unbelievably fast! During the first days I burned my left hand and by the end of the fast the 3 inch scar was almost gone. It was kind of a bummer because if it weren't for that huge scar I'm sure my body would have healed more efficiently.

P.S. I didn't die.

Hey,
Im interested in the outcome of your waterfast?
Did any of your scars on your face disappeared?
If you had redmarks and dark marks from acne, did they also disappear?

I agree with you. Water fast is not THAT dangerous when done properly and with some common sense.

Well the thing is, I didn't fast on just water. I took cleansing herbs(pills), drank water, kombucha, herbal teas, apple cider vinegar, Emergen C packets etc. NO solid foods.

I had extremely severe acne for 10 years and yes my scars all over my body were going away fast. I mean every other day you could see a small difference.

Had I water fasted I cannot imagine how good my skin would have healed.

By the way after I finished I saw a few people I hadn't seen in months and they kept commenting about how good I looked. I almost looked like a completely different person. I would have kept fasting but since I'm already underweight I was getting too thin and I was sick of people Bit**ing bout how it was unhealthy and how I was gonna die.neutral.gif

#42 duffq

duffq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Aghhne i will be updating every day

#43 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

A question to all fasters.
Will a 7 day fast enough time for my body to consume scar tissue, bacteria, viruses for energy? Or does it take more than 7 days for that to happen?
I have a lot of scar tissue from dogbites, chicken pox, injuries, im talking about raised scars here. Also it would be nice if it could get rid of the shallow scars on my face from acne as well as my dark marks and red marks.

#44 duffq

duffq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

I dont think 7 days will help with your scars

Try doing it for 20 days at least

#45 iconzz

iconzz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

sounds  crazy..... how can ur skin heal without nutrients... ? n cell needs energy to work which is from food guys.... ? even a person who has stroke gets food thru ng tube or they giv iv glu,.... n brainn.. guys it can use only glucose nothing other than that.. after all your glucose is used up wit fat getting converting to glucose.. so no fat no glucose...ur brain wil stop workin... giddiness n ol.... n yea muscles wud atropy .... SO at last ITS GONNA B SKINNY WITH ACNE....... if u wanna do ... just do it intermittently.... giv a gap of few hours,... n eat healthy rather than quitting....

Edited by iconzz, 23 August 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#46 duffq

duffq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Iconzz please read little about water fasting

Water fast is a good way to clear up acne and it can heal scars during a longer fast

#47 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

I broke the fast today with watermelons...... Sigh,,,

Anyways, i want to keep doing it until i do a 14 day water fast. I suspect ill do it after my father's birthday.
Ill keep doing 1 to 3 day water fasts until then to prepare my body..

#48 duffq

duffq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

If you dont want to feel the hunger days before your planning to fast eat only fruits and count down the eating for everyday

#49 iconzz

iconzz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Water fast is a good way to clear up acne and it can heal scars during a longer f

Water fast is a good way to clear up acne and it can heal scars during a longer fas

Water fast is a good way to clear up acne and it can heal scars during a longer fast

complete fasting is not good at all..... u would die man o u gonna get som serious prob.... m not telling its bad but cont for 40 days n ol is just madness.. n no1 can do it....

#50 duffq

duffq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Iconzz many People have fasted for 40 days

#51 duffq

duffq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

Still fasting ...

#52 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Actually, the average days a person can fast is 40 days.
Though i'd be careful to fast more than 7-14 days.
Look for signs that you need to break that fast

Edited by AghhNe, 26 August 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#53 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

Heard about juice fasting but water fasting might be dangerous

#54 duffq

duffq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

More risks but bether results

#55 iconzz

iconzz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

ohh they still alive?? if yes i doubt if they really fast........ 

#56 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Sorry but did you even bother researching or you just came up with your own theory?
Im so fed up with these kind of statements.
I would accept your opinion of it being dangerous IF ONLY you ALREADY bothered researching and reading about it. And i mean BOTH THE GOOD and the BAD.

You are correct when you said that fasting will be dangerous if your body runs out of fat. But that IS NOT FASTING anymore... It is called starving. That's when the body starts eating your own organs for energy but that is like a very very very verry very very veryvery very RARE case because before that happens, the body send signals of INTENSE hunger which then gives you the sign to break the fast as soon as possible. AND STaRVATION only happens way past one month for the majority of people unless you're malnourished and Have less than 10% fat on your body. That's why it is very important to research!
Ofc there are also other risks.
Like low pottasium. It can be deadly.

That's why doctors dont recommend fasting for more than 7 days without supervision so that they can monitor your pottasium levels and blood pressure.

Edited by AghhNe, 28 August 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#57 iconzz

iconzz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Sorry but did you even bother researching or you just came up with your own theory?
I would accept your opinion of it being dangerous IF ONLY you ALREADY bothered researching and reading about it. And i mean BOTH THE GOOD and the BAD.

You are correct when you said that fasting will be dangerous if your body runs out of fat. But that IS NOT FASTING anymore... It is called starving. That's when the body starts eating your own organs for energy but that is like a very very very verry very very veryvery very RARE case because before that happens, the body send signals of INTENSE hunger which then gives you the sign to break the fast as soon as possible. AND STaRVATION only happens way past one month for the majority of people unless you're malnourished and Have less than 10% fat on your body. That's why it is very important to research!

That's why doctors dont recommend fasting for more than 7 days without supervision so that they can monitor your pottasium levels and blood pressure.

i need not to research.. m a doctor .. i hav knowledge n common sense too... so dont let ppl believe som non-sense stuffs coz wen it coms to acne all are so damn frustrated that we are ready to do anythin..... i think its the same wit u.. just think k... read about these stuffs hope u get som idea.. BMR, SOURCE OF ENERGY FOR YOUR BRAIN, ...... 

u meant water fast r8?? i mean just drink water nothing other than that....?? very very very dangerous..... fast but not like this.. comon intermittent fasting is good ...or just have a healthy diet....

Edited by iconzz, 28 August 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#58 duffq

duffq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Iconzz just stop comment.

#59 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

i need not to research.. m a doctor .. i hav knowledge n common sense too... so dont let ppl believe som non-sense stuffs coz wen it coms to acne all are so damn frustrated that we are ready to do anythin..... i think its the same wit u.. just think k... read about these stuffs hope u get som idea.. BMR, SOURCE OF ENERGY FOR YOUR BRAIN, ...... 

u meant water fast r8?? i mean just drink water nothing other than that....?? very very very dangerous..... fast but not like this.. comon intermittent fasting is good ...or just have a healthy diet....

Umm... I got lots of information from doctorS as well regarding water fast. 

That shows that not all doctors are the same and that just because a person is a doctor doesn't mean she or he knows everything.

As i said, the body reserves energy.
How do you think our ancestors lived when they coudn't find food? especially in the winter?
Or prisoners of wars?

I AGREE with you that it can be dangerous when the body runs out of fuel to convert to energy. But not because we lose energy, but because it USES the ORGANS to get fuel. Again, like i stated above, this is unlikely to happen if you're gonna water fast less than a month.

Edited by AghhNe, 28 August 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#60 iconzz

iconzz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Umm... I got lots of information from doctorS as well regarding water fast. 

That shows that not all doctors are the same and that just because a person is a doctor doesn't mean she or he knows everything.

As i said, the body reserves energy.
How do you think our ancestors lived when they coudn't find food? especially in the winter?
Or prisoners of wars?

I AGREE with you that it can be dangerous when the body runs out of fuel to convert to energy. But not because we lose energy, but because it USES the ORGANS to get fuel. Again, like i stated above, this is unlikely to happen if you're gonna water fast less than a month.

ur wish do watever u want... n i never told i kno everything.... just kno the risks n carry on.... do eat wen u feel giddy o somthin lik dat n keep a choc o som high energy food.. wen u feel uneasy u mit need it... wish u  good luck:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users