wait what do u mean no fat ever? arent fish and chicken fat? :/ what do u mean with fat then?hm eating like u do now did make u gain some weight tho right?did u exercise during low cal nd do u exercise now?if thats u in the pic btw, u do have rly nice body!i cant imagine myself calculating all the vitamins for food every day tho..~_~
No, its not me in the picture, I am a bit skinnier now. Fat from fish and chicken is so little... I ate mainly white fish, not fatty fish. However, no added fat, no avocados, no olives and just plain vegs is very little for the skin and hair. Try it and watch your wrinkles get deeper. This is my experience...
I said that during the low cal phase I exercised 5-6 days a week low intensity, for example 60 mins of pilates and 60 min. cardio (walking on the theadmil or crosstrainer or something else. Sometimes I did spinning, not much weights if any.)
I exercise always, now also. I did gain just in the first two weeks of reintroducing more calories, but than I got rid of the extra water. Over the next months I gained 2 pounds. Now I exercise also 5 to 6 times a week, but more intense and short workouts.
Calculating my meals took a bit of time and experimenting, but once you make 2-3 staple menus, you dont need to do it. You also must not be 100% perfect, results come with consistency.
breakfast smoothie :
- 450 g frozen spinach
- 2-3 tbsp flax
- 1 tbsp chia
- 1 tbsp maca
- 350 g berries
- 1 big avocado OR 2tbsp coconut oil
- sometimes 1 kiwi or pear or just add another avocado
- coconut flour as a toping after blending 2-6 tbsp
this makes a LOT of smoothie and I am not hungry til dinner. I can snack on some celery or cucumbers uring the day...
- 4 days of the week salmon 250 g, 1 day is shrimps, 2 days organic eggs, sometimes I eat organic meat or just mix fish and eggs or meat and eggs. Depends. OR I will have sweet potatoes. Never mix sweet potatoes with protein.
- VEG MUSTS for the salad: 1-2 cuumbers, 4 big red peppers, dark leafy greens
- VEG MAYBE-S: 1-2 tomatoes (I am careful with tomatoes...), celery, cabbage, onions, garlic, dried tomatoes
- Cooked VEG EXTRAS: eggplant, zuccini, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, rare: carrots (dont like them).
- SPICES MUSTS: curry or turmeric or basil or oregano or chilli or cinnamon. I try to eat some spices everyday.
- If I had a good training: extra virgin greek olive oil (I have 5 liters at home, directly from Tasos )
When I eat with friends or need something different:
I make a crispy tofu stir fry or cook something that wont meet all vitamin needs. I just take more supplements on this day.
Edited by firenature, 20 July 2014 - 10:10 AM.