Photo

Red Marks, And Dark Marks, And Scars! Oh My!

dark marks red marks scarring scars fading treatment help

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

You is Smart. You is Kind. You is important.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Equestrian
    Softball
    Singing
    Reading

Achievements

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Okay, so after being on a strict regimen (see signature) for almost 6 weeks, I think my acne is beginning to retreat *viciously knocks on wood*. Whenever my acne decides that it wants to disappear, I know I am going to be left with a less than perfect complexion. All my scarring is thankfully superficial, but my skin tone is soooo uneven. I would day 95% of my scarring is dark marks, mixed in with the odd red mark. I have one tiny tiny indented scar by my right eyebrow, but I'm not too concerned about that right now. 

The problem is that my skin is super sensitive. I'm pretty sure using AHA+ is out for me, because last time I put glycolic acid on my skin, I felt like my skin was melting off. I'm going to start using Paula's Choice BHA to get rid of the clogged pores on my forehead and chin, so any scar treatment I want to attempt has to be somewhat gentle. I'm considering going back to doing microdermabrasion, but the drawbacks are increase in whiteheads, skin is really sensitive afterwards so I may have to take breaks from my acne medication, and obviously the price. $85-$100/session isn't really in my budget right now. Does anyone have any experience with fading this type of scarring?

My goal is to have the perfect complexion by next summer. So maybe I can actually go to the beach, or go swimming, or be outside in the heat without having to worry about my skin. Seems like lightyears away until that will actually be a reality. Anyways, thanks for any replies in advance!

Any replies, success stories, and advice are very much appreciated! 

AM Regimen:

Cleanse face with La Roche Posay Effaclar

Apply Aczone

Moisturize with Sheseido Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer

PM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

Spot Treat with Clearisil Adult Acne Tinted Spot Treatment (always)

I now do not follow a vitamin regimen and have expanded my eating to include almost all food groups (excluding lactose/dairy). Since I made this change my face has CLEARED UP!

Minimalism people, trust me it works. Develop a skin care regimen, stick to it, and you will see results. All the rest (diet, exercise, supplements) didn't work for me. Less is more.

Status: 98% Clear... Plus a nice bunch of superficial scarring -.-

#2 Kalinka

Kalinka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm struggling with this exact problem myself. It's really getting me down, especially since my acne is a lot better now. I still have actives, but I'm trying very slowly and only in clear areas with some things. I'm not sure how strong the AHA+ is, and I think things like lemon juice and lactic acid are also AHAs? Well, anyway, I am trying with those things, but since the lemon juice is probably not as strong as the AHA+ it might work for you. It's a pretty slow process but it is something in the right direction, I suppose.

I also bought the Paula's Choice Antioxidant serum. It hasn't gotten here yet, but I'm hoping it'll help heal my skin and not break me out.

I'd love to hear other recommendations! My skin is so uneven right now, it's making my acne look a lot worse.

#3 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Zombies!!!!!!!!!,Cooking, selective research, intellectual conversations, comedy, oriental culture/cuisine, anime, Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX etc, manga, films,nature, holistic living, working out, writing short stories/poems, consoles, etc etc.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

If your skin can tolerate it, perform a TCA peel. I'd bet my mother and her cat that, that would give you the skin you had pre-acne, in about 6 months.

"Long hair makes a good looking man, beautiful and an ugly man fierce"

#4 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Softball
    Singing
    Reading

Achievements

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

If your skin can tolerate it, perform a TCA peel. I'd bet my mother and her cat that, that would give you the skin you had pre-acne, in about 6 months.

I've read such amazing things about TCA peels. My skin can't tolerate it, which makes me so depressed. My skin can't even tolerate 1% BP SPOT TREATMENT!! I get horrible sallow, red marks on my face every time I used to use it on a zit. I can't imagine what a TCA peel would do to my whole face. I did a glycolic peel 10%, performed in my esthetician's office, and horrific things happened to my skin. My face didn't recover for about month. *shivers* I honestly think that it worsened my acne to this day... Thank you for the reply though!

I unfortunately need "gentle"methods for scar treatment, which I'm sure a few and far between. 

AM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

PM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

I now do not follow a vitamin regimen and have expanded my eating to include almost all food groups (excluding lactose/dairy). Since I made this change my face has CLEARED UP!

Minimalism people, trust me it works. Develop a skin care regimen, stick to it, and you will see results. All the rest (diet, exercise, supplements) didn't work for me. Less is more.

#5 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Zombies!!!!!!!!!,Cooking, selective research, intellectual conversations, comedy, oriental culture/cuisine, anime, Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX etc, manga, films,nature, holistic living, working out, writing short stories/poems, consoles, etc etc.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

I've read such amazing things about TCA peels. My skin can't tolerate it, which makes me so depressed. My skin can't even tolerate 1% BP SPOT TREATMENT!! I get horrible sallow, red marks on my face every time I used to use it on a zit. I can't imagine what a TCA peel would do to my whole face. I did a glycolic peel 10%, performed in my esthetician's office, and horrific things happened to my skin. My face didn't recover for about month. *shivers* I honestly think that it worsened my acne to this day... Thank you for the reply though!

I unfortunately need "gentle"methods for scar treatment, which I'm sure a few and far between. 

Aw that sucks. Have you tried lactic acid?, a gentler alternative to Glycolic acid. The best I can recommend would be:

-Manual exfoliation (baby brush) 2x week.

-Likas soap (Kojic if you can handle it. An acid lightener, but still very gentle) nightly.

-Retin-a (0.025/0.05%) at night 3 x a week (never consecutively).

- Lactic acid peel (20% EXTREMELY gentle) 1 x a week. OR lactic acid lotion (Very low concentration, suitable for sensitive types) on the days you don't use retin-a.

-sap (sun avoidance and protection) for a while.

That's the best I have for one with sensitive skin. Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Edited by Lee1234, 18 August 2013 - 01:46 AM.

"Long hair makes a good looking man, beautiful and an ugly man fierce"

#6 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    Softball
    Singing
    Reading

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

Aw that sucks. Have you tried lactic acid?, a gentler alternative to Glycolic acid. The best I can recommend would be:

-Manual exfoliation (baby brush) 2x week.

-Likas soap (Kojic if you can handle it. An acid lightener, but still very gentle) nightly.

-Retin-a (0.025/0.05%) at night 3 x a week (never consecutively).

- Lactic acid peel (20% EXTREMELY gentle) 1 x a week. OR lactic acid lotion (Very low concentration, suitable for sensitive types) on the days you don't use retin-a.

-sap (sun avoidance and protection) for a while.

That's the best I have for one with sensitive skin. Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Thank you so much! I'm going to look into Lactic acid because I've heard a lot of people have success with that for lightening dark marks. I wish so much I could use Retin-A... It just tears up my skin. I thankfully already stay out the sun because of my topical medications, so that won't be an issue. Hopefully my dermatologist will also have a few recommendations when I see her in 3 weeks. Although, I doubt she'll have organic suggestions because then she wouldn't be making any money lol these doctors mann

AM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

PM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users