Fading Red Marks Left Over After Your Acne Has Been Treated

7 posts in this topic

I've been on accutane for 60 days now and I've stopped breaking out, I just have like 3 more pimples to get rid of, but the problem is I have red marks on my face from where I had acne there for months. You can't even feel them, they're like burnt into the skin, how do I fade these? Is there any products I can use on my face while I'm taking accutane to start fading them? PLEASE HELP

to fade them it does take time. But to make sure they wont get any darker make sure you dont get a sunburn! im serious... wear at least spf 30+ everyday. Im sorry im not of much help...

"Pass the marmalade" - Hermione Granger

Everyone says Dans AHA works wonders but you can't use it till you're done accutane.

I've moved this topic to the Scars and Red Marks Thread

Regimen:

AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone

PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+

Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

After you complete your accutane course use Differin cream 0.1% (Adapalene) this will help fade your hyperpigmentation and becuase you are on accutane I think your skin has adapted to retinoids so Differin won´t do any major irriations <3

1 person likes this

Accutane empire

Apple Cider Vinegar diluted 50/50 ACV/Water and then upping it 70/30 after your skin is accustomed to it works wonders. But it took a little over 1 month for me to notice any effects. After 3 months of using it I noticed quite the improvement. (You may hear 3 months and think that's a long time but in the past I have left PIH untreated and it took 1 - 2 years for it go away by itself)

I too have researched this forum and heard DAN's AHA+ is a great product for red marks. I purchased a bottle 2 weeks ago and giving that a trial run

I am my own worst enemy