48 replies to this topic

#21 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Day 12: 

I had a very bad night last night, not sure if it's all related to the Accutane... At around 9 PM I started having blurred vision, it was very difficult to see things properly. I also noticed I felt slightly sick to my stomach. Then I got a terrible headache, probably related to my blurred vision. I took some ibuprofen but it didn't help at all. I put in some eye drops and noticed an improvement in the vision problems almost immediately, so I guess they were just dry. But my headache lingered long into the night. I woke up at 2 AM feeling pretty terrible, very very thirsty despite drinking nearly a gallon of water that day. The nausea got worse and I vomited around 4 AM. I really hope that I didn't vomit out my Accutane dose from dinner... Again, I don't know if all of these things are Accutane related.. On a side note, my skin looks pretty good right now.

Side Effects:

Dry skin

Joint pain

Headaches/Dehydrated

Itchy bumps on hands, legs, and feet

Anxiety

#22 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Day 13: 

Feeling a bit better today. I keep getting small whiteheads in weird places but I can't really complain because they don't bother me as much as full-blown, severely inflamed acne does. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow and talk to him about increasing my dosage - but I don't really want to jump straight to 20mg... Wondering if it's possible to take 20mg one day and 10mg the next?

Side Effects same as yesterday.

#23 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Day 15: (I'm no longer going to update every day, as it's clear no one really reads my log that closely)

I feel okay, side effects aren't bothering me. But I have developed a very big whitehead (I personally think it's a boil now) under my nose. My nose area has been very congested with small whiteheads pretty much since I started Accutane, and while the other whiteheads have faded this one has grown into a monster. It's painful, and has been sitting there for 5-6 days with no improvement. The rest of my skin doesn't look that great, pretty similar to what it was pre-Accutane. My classes start up again in a week, I'm hoping I see some improvement by then.

Side Effects:

Dry skin

Dry eyes

Joint pain

Dehydration

Headaches

Bumps on hands and legs (no longer itchy)

Anxiety

#24 chrln

chrln

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Hey Sarah, 

I came across your blog right when you started using Accutane while I was googling side effects and contemplating whether I should go on it or not. I'm around the same age as you, and I too as a Student struggle with acne and feel completely hopeless. I found interest in your blog because I could relate to the products you've tried, and your failed attempts to treat break outs. Two years ago my Family doctor prescribed me Accutane, but due to travelling (sun exposure risk) my Parents and I decided it wasn't the right thing to do at the time. I went to an acne clinic in a different city for almost three months to get laser treatments done, which slowly got rid of my acne. Now, two years later I'm back in this position and it's horrible. I started noticing my acne getting worse almost two months ago, but I had switched contraceptive methods thus I thought it was a temporary side effect. I was horribly mistaken, and it took two months of humiliation, dirty looks at work and for me to drag myself into my doctor's office bawling my eyes out explaining how terrible this has been. My doctor previously failed to notice all the attempts I have taken to get rid of my acne, and finally after almost 15 minutes of warning me about side effects he ordered me to get new birth control and get a blood test done within the next week in order to start my first cycle of Accutane. I really encourage you to keep posting, I know exactly what it's like to have people look at you differently simply because my skin. I'm going into my first year of University and I too am very, very nervous about the initial break out. I know it's going to get worse before it gets better, but the psychological effects truly do worry me as well. I want you to know that I read your blog almost every day and I can relate to how you're feeling. Just remember that many medical issues are easy to hide, but to walk around with acne is a huge blow on one's self-esteem. I know first hand. This will all pay off in the end and hopefully everything will go well. I am here for you, and I'll keep you updated next week when I start my first cycle of Accutane. Best regards. C. 

#25 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Day 20:

Just returned from a short vacation. I was bumped up to 20mg about 4 days ago. I haven't really noticed my side effects increase since then, weirdly enough. My skin continues to break out but to the same severity it was pre-Accutane, so I wouldn't really call it an initial breakout. I'm getting pretty frustrated with these breakouts and I really want this medication to start working its wonders.. I know it takes time, but the thought of going to school in a couple of days makes me sick to my stomach.

Side Effects: same as before.

Hey Sarah, 

I came across your blog right when you started using Accutane while I was googling side effects and contemplating whether I should go on it or not. I'm around the same age as you, and I too as a Student struggle with acne and feel completely hopeless. I found interest in your blog because I could relate to the products you've tried, and your failed attempts to treat break outs. Two years ago my Family doctor prescribed me Accutane, but due to travelling (sun exposure risk) my Parents and I decided it wasn't the right thing to do at the time. I went to an acne clinic in a different city for almost three months to get laser treatments done, which slowly got rid of my acne. Now, two years later I'm back in this position and it's horrible. I started noticing my acne getting worse almost two months ago, but I had switched contraceptive methods thus I thought it was a temporary side effect. I was horribly mistaken, and it took two months of humiliation, dirty looks at work and for me to drag myself into my doctor's office bawling my eyes out explaining how terrible this has been. My doctor previously failed to notice all the attempts I have taken to get rid of my acne, and finally after almost 15 minutes of warning me about side effects he ordered me to get new birth control and get a blood test done within the next week in order to start my first cycle of Accutane. I really encourage you to keep posting, I know exactly what it's like to have people look at you differently simply because my skin. I'm going into my first year of University and I too am very, very nervous about the initial break out. I know it's going to get worse before it gets better, but the psychological effects truly do worry me as well. I want you to know that I read your blog almost every day and I can relate to how you're feeling. Just remember that many medical issues are easy to hide, but to walk around with acne is a huge blow on one's self-esteem. I know first hand. This will all pay off in the end and hopefully everything will go well. I am here for you, and I'll keep you updated next week when I start my first cycle of Accutane. Best regards. C. 

Hi C,

Thank you soooooo much for this message. It means so much to know that someone is reading my posts and supporting me. We are going to get through this and have clear skin soon! I am excited to read your updates.

#26 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Day 24:

Skin looks pretty good. No breakouts currently. It's quite dry and it peels when I try to put on makeup. Still on 20mg. I think I'll stay on 20 for a few months. 

Side Effects:

-Dry skin

-Dry lips

-Dry eyes

-Dehydrated 

#27 BlueMoon3

BlueMoon3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

Keep posting! :) I am reading your log. I am on day 11 of Roaccutane, and it's my second course. I have been taking 20mg from the start. I have noticed similar side effects to your own, but I haven't felt unusually low or anxious. I was a little overly stressed last week, but I tried my best to pull myself out of it, and started to focus on things that made me feel calmer/happier. This really worked. You have to be slightly self-orientated on this medication; think about what makes you happy, and spend as much time as you can to encourage positivity. Personally, I really enjoy my own time, and I love devoting a couple of hours in the day to hobbies such as reading, writing and listening to music. It helps me to psychologically "recharge", and really helps to keep my anxiety/stress levels at a minimum. Go easy on yourself - or as a lot of us here say, "baby" yourself. Roaccutane is such a harsh medication, so we need to be extremely easy on ourselves! 

As 'Like Moonlight' has suggested, Glucosamine supplements are fantastic for joint pains, particularly on Accutane. I haven't experienced any unusual aches or pains yet, but I take 1000mg of Fish Oil and 1000mg of Glucosamine Sulphate daily (Glucosamine Sulphate is the best form of Glucosamine for joint pain). You might want to consider MSM and Hyaluronic Acid too. You'll need to shop around first, because these type of supplements have a tendency to be rather expensive. I buy most of my supplements online, though. This saves me so much money and you can usually find an excellent bargain (just make sure they're sold under a respectable company, and they don't contain rubbish like some supplements do). There is a study that Glucosamine may work even more when taken with Fish Oil supplements, too. 

- Don't give up on the Fish Oil; despite it being seemingly poor at helping your joint pains, it is a great aid for brain functioning, vision and anxiety. Fish oils can encourage a healthy membrane for our nerve cells, and when people are deficient in this, it can cause depression. Vitamin B's are also vital in aid of depression, but you can consume plenty of these in your diet (whole grains, eggs, fish, poultry, oatmeal etc). B6 is the most important of B vitamins when treating anxiety and depression. Look up foods that are high in B6, or perhaps consider a B6 supplement. 

If you're still getting headaches, consider eating a bigger meal with your tablet. This helps to absorb the medication a lot more. I was getting headaches for the first couple of days, but when I decided to eat more wholesome meals (red meat, grains, lots of veg), the headaches disappeared. If you're vegetarian, you have other options too. Keep drinking too, it sounds like you're drinking enough water, which is great.

Good luck and remember - you're only adjusting, so give yourself time and go easy on yourself! 

Oh, and I am keeping a log too, so feel free to follow me! :) 

#28 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Keep posting! smile.png I am reading your log. I am on day 11 of Roaccutane, and it's my second course. I have been taking 20mg from the start. I have noticed similar side effects to your own, but I haven't felt unusually low or anxious. I was a little overly stressed last week, but I tried my best to pull myself out of it, and started to focus on things that made me feel calmer/happier. This really worked. You have to be slightly self-orientated on this medication; think about what makes you happy, and spend as much time as you can to encourage positivity. Personally, I really enjoy my own time, and I love devoting a couple of hours in the day to hobbies such as reading, writing and listening to music. It helps me to psychologically "recharge", and really helps to keep my anxiety/stress levels at a minimum. Go easy on yourself - or as a lot of us here say, "baby" yourself. Roaccutane is such a harsh medication, so we need to be extremely easy on ourselves! 

As 'Like Moonlight' has suggested, Glucosamine supplements are fantastic for joint pains, particularly on Accutane. I haven't experienced any unusual aches or pains yet, but I take 1000mg of Fish Oil and 1000mg of Glucosamine Sulphate daily (Glucosamine Sulphate is the best form of Glucosamine for joint pain). You might want to consider MSM and Hyaluronic Acid too. You'll need to shop around first, because these type of supplements have a tendency to be rather expensive. I buy most of my supplements online, though. This saves me so much money and you can usually find an excellent bargain (just make sure they're sold under a respectable company, and they don't contain rubbish like some supplements do). There is a study that Glucosamine may work even more when taken with Fish Oil supplements, too. 

- Don't give up on the Fish Oil; despite it being seemingly poor at helping your joint pains, it is a great aid for brain functioning, vision and anxiety. Fish oils can encourage a healthy membrane for our nerve cells, and when people are deficient in this, it can cause depression. Vitamin B's are also vital in aid of depression, but you can consume plenty of these in your diet (whole grains, eggs, fish, poultry, oatmeal etc). B6 is the most important of B vitamins when treating anxiety and depression. Look up foods that are high in B6, or perhaps consider a B6 supplement. 

If you're still getting headaches, consider eating a bigger meal with your tablet. This helps to absorb the medication a lot more. I was getting headaches for the first couple of days, but when I decided to eat more wholesome meals (red meat, grains, lots of veg), the headaches disappeared. If you're vegetarian, you have other options too. Keep drinking too, it sounds like you're drinking enough water, which is great.

Good luck and remember - you're only adjusting, so give yourself time and go easy on yourself! 

Oh, and I am keeping a log too, so feel free to follow me! smile.png

Hi! Unfortunately I am really bad at calming my nerves, it's always been an issue. But over the past few days my mood has definitely been better and that's probably due to the fact that my skin is starting to look better!! One thing I noticed was Accutane definitely makes me moody and irritable, and I heard that's the same for a lot of people. I'm trying to keep it under control though.

Weirdly enough my joints have stopped bothering me. Side effects I noticed in the first week or two have just disappeared - like the rash I got and the joint pain. Maybe the fish oil really did help. I've actually always made sure I take my tablet with a big meal. Granted, there were a couple times I had to take it with just a banana or a piece of cake... But those are rare occasions. But I think it would be good for me to cut out junk foods - maybe not entirely but for the most part. I kind of went crazy for a few weeks because pre-Accutane I was so careful with my diet, avoiding dairy and sugar ect. and once I started this medication I thought I could eat those foods again and kind of lost control sleep.png

Thanks for the support and I'll definitely check out your log!

#29 BlueMoon3

BlueMoon3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Keep posting! smile.png I am reading your log. I am on day 11 of Roaccutane, and it's my second course. I have been taking 20mg from the start. I have noticed similar side effects to your own, but I haven't felt unusually low or anxious. I was a little overly stressed last week, but I tried my best to pull myself out of it, and started to focus on things that made me feel calmer/happier. This really worked. You have to be slightly self-orientated on this medication; think about what makes you happy, and spend as much time as you can to encourage positivity. Personally, I really enjoy my own time, and I love devoting a couple of hours in the day to hobbies such as reading, writing and listening to music. It helps me to psychologically "recharge", and really helps to keep my anxiety/stress levels at a minimum. Go easy on yourself - or as a lot of us here say, "baby" yourself. Roaccutane is such a harsh medication, so we need to be extremely easy on ourselves! 

Oh, and I am keeping a log too, so feel free to follow me! smile.png

Hi! Unfortunately I am really bad at calming my nerves, it's always been an issue. But over the past few days my mood has definitely been better and that's probably due to the fact that my skin is starting to look better!! One thing I noticed was Accutane definitely makes me moody and irritable, and I heard that's the same for a lot of people. I'm trying to keep it under control though.

Weirdly enough my joints have stopped bothering me. Side effects I noticed in the first week or two have just disappeared - like the rash I got and the joint pain. Maybe the fish oil really did help. I've actually always made sure I take my tablet with a big meal. Granted, there were a couple times I had to take it with just a banana or a piece of cake... But those are rare occasions. But I think it would be good for me to cut out junk foods - maybe not entirely but for the most part. I kind of went crazy for a few weeks because pre-Accutane I was so careful with my diet, avoiding dairy and sugar ect. and once I started this medication I thought I could eat those foods again and kind of lost control sleep.png

Thanks for the support and I'll definitely check out your log!

I know how it feels to be an anxious person. That's really good that you've been feeling better, though. smile.png Yeah, despite all these stories about Accutane causing depression, it actually helped to lift me *out* of depression during my first course. My skin got me down so much, so when it finally started to improve, I almost became a new person. My confidence elevated and I was so happy. I am looking forward to seeing improvements this time round, and hopefully my acne won't return! I didn't take Accutane for long enough last time, though, so I have a very nagging feeling that this might be why I'm taking it again. It didn't completely clear me either, as I stopped when I still had a couple of spots, and I continued to experience a couple of spots every now and then for two years, until they eventually increased. Oh well.

Fish Oil does help. I was taking Cod Liver Oil last year (until I realised that I probably shouldn't have done, due to the vit A content and being a previous Accutane user) and it helped my joints a lot. I noticed the difference when I stopped taking them. I searched for a high quality Fish Oil rich in EPA and DHA, without the vitamin A, and started taking them again. I take it with Glucosamine at lunch, and I'm hoping this will help to alleviate any possible joint problems. smile.png

I know what you mean about the food thing. I also tried the "acne diet", but I had little success. It drove me crazy. I constantly craved sugar because I avoided it. I eventually became miserable and felt like it wasn't worth it. Besides, if I ever achieved complete clearness, then going back to a normal diet (and I believe you can still be healthy with a treat here and there) would become frightening, and I'd be living on a low-GI diet for the rest of my life, growing fearful of chocolate, coffee and milk. I didn't want that! I want to enjoy food! The whole acne diet thing can just drive you down a rabbit hole. I honestly admire those who can do it and keep with it. It didn't do much for me anyway, as I have a hormonal imbalance. My acne flares up regardless of what I eat. 

Keep positive! smile.png

Edited by BlueMoon3, 08 September 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#30 chrln

chrln

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hey Sarah, 

So I got my prescription of 50mg of Accutane (kinda freaked out because this is my first dose of it?) but I'm currently on day 4 and I haven't had any bad side effects aside from dry skin. I notice my skin has been really dry and I too find it difficult to put on foundation. My lips are peeling too which is so uncommon because my face is usually a grease pit. I purchased Cetaphil cleanser, tub of moisturizer and the matte finish lotion and aside from being ridiculously expensive, I really do like the products and highly recommend it. The only thing that bothers me is that I've noticed I'm getting black heads which is uncommon, any advice? I've tried exfoliating however it's a little too rough on my skin and I know I can't keep doing that as my skin increases dryness. I purchased The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil face mask which I'm going to try later on this week.

I have rheumatoid arthritis, which makes me really nervous about the joint pain but I haven't had any side effects with it yet. I got my wisdom teeth out almost a month ago and I've recently noticed pain in my teeth, I think it's somewhat relevant to accutane because I never had it prior which is very odd. As for my initial break out, I'm soooooo scared! Even my roommates have noted that my skin looks a little redder now but I'm going to try to keep positive and accept that the initial break out is just something that I will have to deal with. I know it will be beneficial in the long run. How was your first week of school? I started my classes and I've told my boyfriend and close friends straight up that I'm on accutane, told them about the side effects and explained that acne is something that I've struggled with for a long time thus this was my last resort. I feel like it lays grounds for them to comprehend how hard it is for me to have people stare at my skin and judge me, but my boyfriend and roommates have been really supportive. I'm here for you as well! :) 

As for anxiety, I have TERRIBLE anxiety especially with school. It's only my fourth day of pills but I had a freak out today and found that I did feel much more overwhelmed than usual. I made a cup of tea and took a nap before class and I really found it helps. I also called my Parents and sat with my roommate just to talk about things, I find that really helps but I'm extremely worried that accutane will increase my rate of anxiety and conflict with school. My roommate's Mom is a psychologist and she said to try natural melatonin and Vitamin B for stress if it starts to get bad-wish me luck. 

Do you have to get blood work every month as well? I have to go once a month to get blood work and see my Doctor for the dosage, he's looking to increase my dosage within the next two months which worries me because I'm only 110lbs and he has me on 50mg? What did your Doctor say about your dosage? 

Anyways, good luck with school this week and I hope everything is going well! Hope to hear from you soon, keep posting. :)

C

#31 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Day 31 - a month on Accutane!!!

Sorry for not updating, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things at school!! Today I saw my doctor and he has increased my dose again to 30mg. I'm a little nervous but I just want to see more results. My skin has definitely improved - but I still get some minor breakouts here and there. The texture of my skin is still very "bumpy" and I really want it to smooth out.. Accutane is definitely making me tired. But I've managed to get some exercise in this week and I think it's helping a little to do that instead of sitting all day. 

Side Effects: 

Dry-ish skin (it's weird but some days I'm not dry at all, then other days I'm slightly dry..)

Dry lips

Dry eyes

Fatigue

Chest tightness? 

Hey Sarah, 

So I got my prescription of 50mg of Accutane (kinda freaked out because this is my first dose of it?) but I'm currently on day 4 and I haven't had any bad side effects aside from dry skin. I notice my skin has been really dry and I too find it difficult to put on foundation. My lips are peeling too which is so uncommon because my face is usually a grease pit. I purchased Cetaphil cleanser, tub of moisturizer and the matte finish lotion and aside from being ridiculously expensive, I really do like the products and highly recommend it. The only thing that bothers me is that I've noticed I'm getting black heads which is uncommon, any advice? I've tried exfoliating however it's a little too rough on my skin and I know I can't keep doing that as my skin increases dryness. I purchased The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil face mask which I'm going to try later on this week.

I have rheumatoid arthritis, which makes me really nervous about the joint pain but I haven't had any side effects with it yet. I got my wisdom teeth out almost a month ago and I've recently noticed pain in my teeth, I think it's somewhat relevant to accutane because I never had it prior which is very odd. As for my initial break out, I'm soooooo scared! Even my roommates have noted that my skin looks a little redder now but I'm going to try to keep positive and accept that the initial break out is just something that I will have to deal with. I know it will be beneficial in the long run. How was your first week of school? I started my classes and I've told my boyfriend and close friends straight up that I'm on accutane, told them about the side effects and explained that acne is something that I've struggled with for a long time thus this was my last resort. I feel like it lays grounds for them to comprehend how hard it is for me to have people stare at my skin and judge me, but my boyfriend and roommates have been really supportive. I'm here for you as well! smile.png

As for anxiety, I have TERRIBLE anxiety especially with school. It's only my fourth day of pills but I had a freak out today and found that I did feel much more overwhelmed than usual. I made a cup of tea and took a nap before class and I really found it helps. I also called my Parents and sat with my roommate just to talk about things, I find that really helps but I'm extremely worried that accutane will increase my rate of anxiety and conflict with school. My roommate's Mom is a psychologist and she said to try natural melatonin and Vitamin B for stress if it starts to get bad-wish me luck. 

Do you have to get blood work every month as well? I have to go once a month to get blood work and see my Doctor for the dosage, he's looking to increase my dosage within the next two months which worries me because I'm only 110lbs and he has me on 50mg? What did your Doctor say about your dosage? 

Anyways, good luck with school this week and I hope everything is going well! Hope to hear from you soon, keep posting. smile.png

C

Hi!! Nice to hear from you again. 

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with blackheads. However, I did explode with a lot of tiny whiteheads after the first couple days on Acccutane. I think it was just the skin "purging" as they say. The whiteheads didn't stick around too long. However, I still have a lot of little bumps that weren't there before I started, I'm hoping they smooth out soon. 

Make sure you take fish oil, I found it helped with my joints. Looking back, I didn't really get an initial breakout, it was just a regular breakout along with some whiteheads like I had mentioned. Remember that although it might be hard for a few weeks, there is light at the end of the tunnel and your acne will clear up as long as you stick with it. 

I've struggled with anxiety for about 10 years. It got really bad at one point, I couldn't even go to school. My anxiety has increased a little as well but it's relatively under control. Keep in mind, you're probably just stressing over the initial breakout and it might not all be related directly to the medication itself. Starting Accutane is frightening and anxiety provoking for almost everyone, but I think it will get better after you adjust to the medication in a month or so. 

I was supposed to get my blood test today, but since my doctor is increasing my dose he wants to hold off another month for the test. I'm pretty happy with how things are going right now, it's been a lot easier going to class not having so much acne. I hope you are doing well and try to stay positive - it is important!! Keep me posted please!

#32 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Day 34:

Bleh. Breaking out.. Not as badly as before, but I was getting used to relatively clear skin. Really bummed. My skin isn't even dry.. I don't understand what's happening.

#33 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Day 44:

Breakouts are still happening but less severe. Currently my face is mostly clear but a lot of scarring. I really was starting to feel the effects of moving up to 30mg - my lips got very dry and my skin was peeling a little, but today my lips aren't dry at all and neither is my face. I'm kind of tired of getting dry for a few days and then back to oily for a few days, I just want the dryness to be steady. It's just annoying.

Side Effects: 

Dry skin.... some days.

Dry lips.... some days.

Dry eyes..... some days.

Fatigue.

#34 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Day 53:

Every time I exercise I get pimples. Every time I drink coffee I get pimples. Every time I get stressed I get pimples. Accutane is not helping.

Side Effects:

Dry ish skin 

Dry ish lips

Fatigue

#35 Baybreeze

Baybreeze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I feel the same way your not alone. I had gone on accutane back in high school and have only had small breakouts until just the past 3 months. I've started getting cystic acne which was completely new to me. Boy does it make you feel like crap. I loved going outside and live right by a beach but now all I want to do is stY coupes up inside because I feel like my face looks do terrible. I had finally gone to the derm but of course I get the one who would rather put me on a hormone pill which had only double my skin issue. I finally changed derms but now am just in the wAiting process of getting my prescription of accutane. It feels like times going by even slower and I just want to get it started. I'm also very worried about getting an IB but with how my skin reacted to the first medicine, I guess I can just deal. I just don't want to look at myself it looks do terrible and cover up doesn't even help

Your skins already on the path to recovery so just stay positive! Looking at so many peoples results of accutanes definitely worth it. Let's just hope we're lucky and don't get the terrible breakout in the beginning!

#36 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Day 63:

Just been in a terrible mood recently because I've been breaking out like crazy the past week or so. It's just as bad as it was pre Accutane, if not worse. Doesn't really make sense that I would have an IB this late into my treatment. And It's been a month since increasing my dose to 30mg. Anyway I have 3-4 large pimples that are not healing at all even though they've been there for more than a week. My doctor wants to increase my dose to 40mg. Tomorrow I'll get my blood test results back which I'm nervous about.

#37 Kelsey

Kelsey

Kelsey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hi Sarah!!

I just TODAY had my first blood test to start accutane and now it's the 30 day waiting period before starting. Thanks for the log, it really helps me to feel more prepared for what's ahead!

#38 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hi Sarah!!

I just TODAY had my first blood test to start accutane and now it's the 30 day waiting period before starting. Thanks for the log, it really helps me to feel more prepared for what's ahead!

Good luck, hopefully we both have clear skin soon!

I feel the same way your not alone. I had gone on accutane back in high school and have only had small breakouts until just the past 3 months. I've started getting cystic acne which was completely new to me. Boy does it make you feel like crap. I loved going outside and live right by a beach but now all I want to do is stY coupes up inside because I feel like my face looks do terrible. I had finally gone to the derm but of course I get the one who would rather put me on a hormone pill which had only double my skin issue. I finally changed derms but now am just in the wAiting process of getting my prescription of accutane. It feels like times going by even slower and I just want to get it started. I'm also very worried about getting an IB but with how my skin reacted to the first medicine, I guess I can just deal. I just don't want to look at myself it looks do terrible and cover up doesn't even help

Your skins already on the path to recovery so just stay positive! Looking at so many peoples results of accutanes definitely worth it. Let's just hope we're lucky and don't get the terrible breakout in the beginning!

How long did you have clear skin before you started breaking out again after Accutane?

Thank you for your support.

#39 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Day 66:

Been on 40mg for 3 days now, 3 pimples still have not healed and they have been around for almost 2 weeks. 

Side Effects:

Dry lips sometimes

Very fatigued

Unexplained weight gain?

#40 Baybreeze

Baybreeze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hi Sarah!!

Good luck, hopefully we both have clear skin soon!

>I feel the same way your not alone. I had gone on accutane back in high school and have only had small breakouts until just the past 3 months. I've started getting cystic acne which was completely new to me. Boy does it make you feel like crap. I loved going outside and live right by a beach but now all I want to do is stY coupes up inside because I feel like my face looks do terrible. I had finally gone to the derm but of course I get the one who would rather put me on a hormone pill which had only double my skin issue. I finally changed derms but now am just in the wAiting process of getting my prescription of accutane. It feels like times going by even slower and I just want to get it started. I'm also very worried about getting an IB but with how my skin reacted to the first medicine, I guess I can just deal. I just don't want to look at myself it looks do terrible and cover up doesn't even help

How long did you have clear skin before you started breaking out again after Accutane?

Thank you for your support.

It's been about 4 years. I had finally gotten rid of all my discolorations in July and was completely comftorable with not wearing any makeup. After that is when i started breaking out again, I'm guessing from stress? I'm really not sure what triggered it but it just keeps getting worse. Before the first round of accutane I didn't really get any cystic but now that's what I'm dealing with. Have you seen much progress? I feel like 6 months will take forever and I am still just waiting on getting the prescription, I had the first pregnancy test a month ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users