Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyperpigmentations Vacation What To Do?

6 posts in this topic

Hey, im going on vacation in the next 3 days, and I will be staying on the ocean for a few days and will be exposed to sunlight all day, my face has alooot of red marks from old acne or even some current acne. Also, Iam currently on Accutane 2 40mg/ a day. I was wondering 2 things.

1. I heard sunlight is not good for hyperpigmentation on the face, how am I going to deal with this? What kind of sunscreen should I get?

2. I read that ocean water (salt water) is good for acne and the skin in general, will the salt water help the scaring/hyperpigmentations? Will be in the atlantic ocean.

HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Definitely get a high grade SPF - 30 minimum, but I'd go for 50+ if you're in the sun all day long. If you're acne prone, go for a physically barrier which should be labelled on the sunscreen you choose. Neutrogena do some good facial sunscreens.

Definitely get a high grade SPF. 30 minimum, but I'd go for 50+ if you're in the sun all day long. If you're acne prone, go for a physically barrier which should be labelled on the sunscreen you choose. Neutrogena do some good facial sunscreens.

Definitely get a high grade SPF. 30 minimum, but I'd go for 50+ if you're in the sun all day long. If you're acne prone, go for a physically barrier which should be labelled on the sunscreen you choose. Neutrogena do some good facial sunscreens.

Yes I know that, but what kind of sunscreen? Because arent most sunscreens bad for your skin and acne?

Yes I know that, but what kind of sunscreen? Because arent most sunscreens bad for your skin and acne?

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

Is the ocean water good for acne scars in any way? I hear its good for acne