sorbet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:photography, reading, running, art, music, cooking

Achievements

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Day #42

Had a breakout at the start of the week (probably about five whiteheads) after staying at my boyfriend's - curse his stubble (LOL)! A couple are still healing.

I've noticed my skin is healing so much quicker than it used to though, any whiteheads I get usually appear and disappear in 48 hours, but mostly within 24. This leads me to believe that my skin didn't heal itself as quickly when I was on the pill. This week I've also noticed my hair is falling out less in the shower - yay! My period also came and went without any trouble, looks like I'm back to normal in that department. 

One thing (probably the best thing, actually) is my anxiety has decreased by at least 50% since being off the pill, though this is probably also because my skin has been pretty good the past few weeks. I seem to be able to rationalise having spot more than I used to. Having a positive mindset is a good thing, I'm coming to realise. Hopefully my skin keeps behaving itself (sort of) so I can keep it up.

I had a small breakout under my chin this week, this happened quite frequently when I was on Estelle-35. Thankfully it has pretty much healed. My back and chest are still about the same. I only have two medium red spots on my back, though they're healing now. My chest still has little red dots but you can still only see them if you look close.

Day #44
I'm breaking out under my chin, waaaaah. unsure.png

Edited by sorbet, 30 September 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#22 sorbet

sorbet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Day #49

My back and chest are so much better - no breakouts in the past week. Under my jawline/neck broke out in two new spots earlier in the week, but they are just red dots now. 

I had a spot come up on my right cheek this week (I never ever get them on my cheeks - I only ever had them when I was on Estelle-35), but that's healed now. I've had quite a few whiteheads come up along my hairline this week, not sure why this is happening. My chin is having a small breakout too, but I'm pretty sure this is my fault. I picked a couple about a week ago, and have been over-treating so my skin is pretty dry. I need to stop obsessing about my skin!

I'm also starting to incorporate Kimberly Snyder's ideas about diet into my diet. My diet is really good anyway (no sugar, high GI foods or dairy, lots of fruit and veg), but I think I could eat more salad and vegetables. I'm not going to go vegetarian though, I've tried before and it didn't work out for me. Starting with the Glowing Green Smoothies in the mornings and starting food pairing. I'm probably not going to be perfect at first but I'll see how it goes this week.

#23 sorbet

sorbet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Day #51

So, bad news. I'm back on the pill. But I need to start by saying I am NOT back on the pill for skin purposes, I'm on it for birth control. In an ideal world I would not be taking it.

I came off the pill thinking that it'd be possible to find more natural forms of bc, but this hasn't been the case. I was fitted for a diaphragm only to be told that they've been discontinued where I live, and spermicide isn't available in Aus. I then tried to get a copper IUD, but was told because I hadn't had kids it would have to be a day-stay procedure in hospital, costing around $1000. I thought everything was going well just using condoms until one broke and I had to take Plan B. I was pretty sick the week afterwards.

As far as my skin was off the pill, it improved. I guess if you had perfect skin on the pill you will break out to some extent, but my breakouts got significantly less. I have one active spot at the moment, whereas before I had six or seven at once. This probably has to do with my diet/supplements though.

My skin is a little more oily. My back and neck broke out so I think I got to the 'breaking out' stage at about a month being off the pill. This has been kept under control washing my back/neck twice a day with Cetaphil and treating with a tea tree gel. My chest also broke out into tiny red dots, maybe around 15, which never come to a head and aren't painful, and you can't see them unless you get really close. This is also kept under control with the same products as above. 

Apart from that, my anxiety decreased and I didn't gain/lose any weight. My menstrual cycle was back to normal straight away, 32 days on the dot, just like when I'm not on the pill. 

I guess this 'experiment' has made me more confident that my face won't become a complete mess when coming off the pill, and to anyone who is looking to come off, all you can do is try. 

I'd suggest completely cleaning your diet up (no sugar, dairy, high GI foods), drinking 3 litres of water per day, exercising, being gentle with your skin care routine, minimise stress and taking supplements (I would even start taking them before you stop taking the pill).

Good luck ladies! x

Edited by sorbet, 10 October 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#24 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

are you back on the same pill as before?

thanks for this thread, it gives me a bit of hope that I will be ok; I never thought the pill would contribute to anxiety but mine has been soso bad - I don't remember being this bad before starting the pill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users