Photo

Aczone... Does It Work?

aczone topical medication mild moderate papules. acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

You is Smart. You is Kind. You is important.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

Just wanted to post on here to answer my own question.... Aczone works! Took a million years for me to see a difference, but I stuck it out for 4+ months and I finally am getting the results that I want. Lest be known that I am only using Aczone now (not the other cream in my signature) and when I cut that out, I started to see results. Therefore my recommendation to anyone who wants to use Aczone is to use it for 3-4 months on it's own THEN judge whether or not to add another product. I regret it soooo much that I immediately started using two products at once... could've saved myself a lot of turmoil.

AM Regimen:

Cleanse face with La Roche Posay Effaclar

Apply Aczone

Moisturize with Sheseido Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer

PM Regimen:

Cleanse face with La Roche Posay Effaclar

Apply Aczone

Moisturize with Sheseido Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer

Spot Treat with Clearisil Adult Acne Tinted Spot Treatment (always)

I now do not follow a vitamin regimen and have expanded my eating to include almost all food groups (excluding lactose/dairy). Since I made this change my face has CLEARED UP!

Minimalism people, trust me it works. Develop a skin care regimen, stick to it, and you will see results. All the rest (diet, exercise, supplements) didn't work for me. Less is more.

Status: 98% Clear... Plus a nice bunch of superficial scarring -.-

#22 Kalinka

Kalinka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Rosalie! I'm happy things getting better skin-wise :)

#23 kcurry90

kcurry90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

I used Aczone for about 4 months. While it did definitely reduce the amount and size of the acne I had (I would say I had mild to moderate acne before) it never got me to the point where I was acne-free. About a month ago it completely stopped working and my acne came back just as bad as it was before I started using Aczone. So now I'm going to be starting Accutane in a few weeks.

Maybe you will have better luck with it working long-term. For me, most topicals will work for a few months and then my skin builds a tolerance and I have to switch to something else.

#24 goodz19

goodz19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Just wanted to post on here to answer my own question.... Aczone works! Took a million years for me to see a difference, but I stuck it out for 4+ months and I finally am getting the results that I want. Lest be known that I am only using Aczone now (not the other cream in my signature) and when I cut that out, I started to see results. Therefore my recommendation to anyone who wants to use Aczone is to use it for 3-4 months on it's own THEN judge whether or not to add another product. I regret it soooo much that I immediately started using two products at once... could've saved myself a lot of turmoil.

Im glad you've found success with it. 

Morning: Cetaphil cleanser, apply Sodium sulfacetamide

Evening: Cetaphil cleanser, apply differin, wait 1/2 hr, apply aczone as spot treatment.

Not overally exciting w/ the results

Also Has Seb Derm and been using Oxistat in beard area in the mornings.  Same, nothing special about the results