Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guys Wearing Concealer

19 posts in this topic

So I decided to try out concealer today because i've been breaking out and I'm gonna move in to college soon. gotta make a good impression ;). I decided beforehand I wanted the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer, but was too scared to have someone help me pick a skin tone(there are only 4 choices by the way). I got one I thought looked right(Buff 09), but it actually was too light(I think). It was def noticeable. So tomorrow I'm gonna go get a different one. Should I choose light or medium? Or should I just pluck up the courage and ask a sales rep to help me. I'm scared cause I noticed them staring at me while I was browsing the makeup area.

Also, are sales associates/helpers really knowlegeable on choosing correct skin tones and stuff?

So I decided to try out concealer today because i've been breaking out and I'm gonna move in to college soon. gotta make a good impression ;). I decided beforehand I wanted the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer, but was too scared to have someone help me pick a skin tone(there are only 4 choices by the way). I got one I thought looked right(Buff 09), but it actually was too light(I think). It was def noticeable. So tomorrow I'm gonna go get a different one. Should I choose light or medium? Or should I just pluck up the courage and ask a sales rep to help me. I'm scared cause I noticed them staring at me while I was browsing the makeup area.

Also, are sales associates/helpers really knowlegeable on choosing correct skin tones and stuff?

lol it's cause I'm leaving for college in 3 days and I don;t have enough time to order online! Also, I might make the mistake of picking the wrong skin tone again!

Zachlooter, If there are only 4 shades of the concealer, there probably isn't one that is the exact shade of your skin. It would be wise to keep the buff 09 shade and mix it with a slightly darker one for the perfect color. If you post a pic of your skin, I could try and help you with deciding a shade. Also, it depends where you buy the concealer. If you buy it at a drugstore, the people probably won't have a clue. If you buy it at a beauty store, they'd probably be pretty knowledgeable with shades and can help you pick one. And don't be worried about what other people think of a guy wearing makeup, it's not a big deal.

1 person likes this

lol the weird thing is when the liquidy things comes out of the container, it actually looks much darker than my skin but when I spread it around, it's pretty lighter than my skin. Why is that? Sorry, I have no experience with any of this.

Oh and how do I post a pic?

lol the weird thing is when the liquidy things comes out of the container, it actually looks much darker than my skin but when I spread it around, it's pretty lighter than my skin. Why is that? Sorry, I have no experience with any of this.

Oh and how do I post a pic?

I sent you a message Sarah! Anyone else wanna give me some advice?

Here's a thread that I'm hoping helped the guy who asked...give it a read. I hope it helps!

Also-i know plenty of guys that wear make-up. Sure, they don't advertise it but we know the people in our lives wouldn't be childish d-bags about it because there are obviously more important things to care about. :)

What does everyone think of having a sales assistant at a walgreens help me pick out a skin tone?

I sent you a message Sarah! Anyone else wanna give me some advice?

My advice is to forget the concealer. You will make a fool of yourself at college with that stuff.
1 person likes this

Regimen:

AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone

PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+

Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

would anyone working in a walgreens be able to help me with my skin tone lol?

1 person likes this

Yes no pne will judge you if you get Foundation or concealer. They will think otherwise if your getting blush or eyeshadow tho!

I thought about it too but idk it feels weird but schools is all most coming up and i want to look good. So ill by garnier Bb cream it really covers up acne good ^.^ i heard , and im gladdly to give a try :)

I thought about it too but idk it feels weird but schools is all most coming up and i want to look good. So ill by garnier Bb cream it really covers up acne good ^.^ i heard , and im gladdly to give a try :)

I went to a counter once to buy some concealer, the girls at the counters are really helpful and no one is judging, was nice chatting to her actually..

failing that, just go to boots (if from UK) and get a witch concealer stick, dead cheap and contains witch hazel to actually fight the spot you are covering! its been a life saver for me, still getting acne at 26 y/o

and btw, my most 'manly' of mates all use it...

My Regimen.. accutane

If anyone cares to read this and I manage to stop 1 person to avoid going on Accutane, then its served its purpose.

PM me if you'd like to chat. ACNE is ENTIRELY curable through natural ways. Please don't feel pushed or pressured or helpless that you think you must resort to this drug.

I'm not a crazy natural person (nut job lol) just a 27 year old guy who has been through it all and can offer genuinely good advice. You can see by my profile how long i've been around this forum.

Use stores with self-checkout if you are a guy who doesn't feel comfortable paying for concealer to a person at the checkout