Photo

Anyone Else Doing Low Candida Diet?

acne candida ibs paleo hair loss yeast cleanse cure muscle gluten free

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

If you have candida, that is sometimes associated with leaky gut and other digestive issues. Meaning: the more supplements you take, the less they will benefit you because you are just overloading your liver and digestive system. Candida makes your body less able to absorb anything - even the good stuff. If you can take some supplements in powder form, that is better, especially while you heal. Digestive enzymes helped me a lot when I switched from the anti-candida to an anti-histamine diet (similar, but without too many nuts and tomatoes, which I discovered were one of my triggers), and I was able to absorb nutrients and supplements better. 

Edited by WishClean, 05 September 2013 - 08:49 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#22 nikkimixam

nikkimixam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sooo.. as expected I broke out with three zits, one on my cheek, two along my Jawline. The one on my cheek is the worst. I went out last night for a friend's bday and had several shots of patron and ate some pho' without the noodles, then picked at my bfs plate, eating the meat only off of it that was covered in noodles...ill let you know what happens! Lol

If you have candida, that is sometimes associated with leaky gut and other digestive issues. Meaning: the more supplements you take, the less they will benefit you because you are just overloading your liver and digestive system. Candida makes your body less able to absorb anything - even the good stuff. If you can take some supplements in powder form, that is better, especially while you heal. Digestive enzymes helped me a lot when I switched from the anti-candida to an anti-histamine diet (similar, but without too many nuts and tomatoes, which I discovered were one of my triggers), and I was able to absorb nutrients and supplements better. 

Soo what do you avoid on antihistamine diet? I've been avoiding nuts and tomatoes too.. except for last night:/ What else should be avoided?

#23 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

DIETS SUCK!! Haha I know you said you can't afford an allergy test but you should consider getting a full panel of tests to save your body such torment! You can make payments monthly (that's what I always have to do).

I also wonder what a dermatologist would do if you walked in their door and asked for help but demanded they didn't prescribe you any topicals or antibiotics..

x x Stephanie

#24 nikkimixam

nikkimixam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

DIETS SUCK!! Haha I know you said you can't afford an allergy test but you should consider getting a full panel of tests to save your body such torment! You can make payments monthly (that's what I always have to do).

I also wonder what a dermatologist would do if you walked in their door and asked for help but demanded they didn't prescribe you any topicals or antibiotics..

Where would I even go to get these tests done? What places would offer a payment plan? I currently don't have any insurance:/

#25 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Where would I even go to get these tests done? What places would offer a payment plan? I currently don't have any insurance:/

Ooh, that is a tough spot to be in. Especially with all this new healthcare stuff. By January everyone must have insurance, and without any it would cost a pretty penny. There's no harm in trying though, call and see!

With my insurance I just wait for the bill to come and pay what I can (by phone) and tell them I will pay what I can until it is all paid off. Or with bigger establishments they can set you up for a fixed monthly amount to pay. I have never had anything get reported to the credit bureaus, which to me is all that really matters.. that and living within my means.

x x Stephanie

#26 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

I started the anti-histamine diet only because the allergist couldn't find specific allergies, just sensitivities to certain things so she recommended lowering my histamines. Based on the blood tests I did, my body was producing far too many antibodies and so I was sensitive to a number of things. The list of things to avoid is  very long, and it includes body lotions, fragrances, nail polish (anything with preservatives and colorings basically). I initially only ate sweet potatoes, some vegetables (zucchini, kale, lettuce, peppers, carrots), and then I added vegetable juice, gluten-free cereal and luna bars to get more nutrients. I also took probiotics and digestive enzymes to help heal my gut. I noticed that, even though I ate less, I looked healthier and I put on some weight. Before, it was impossible to gain weight and I looked sick, which was what led me to believe that I had leaky gut or candida (or some type of digestive disorder) because I wasn't absorbing nutrients properly. Now I can tolerate more foods, but at the time sweet potatoes were my daily staple and kept me full. 

Edited by WishClean, 09 September 2013 - 09:15 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#27 nikkimixam

nikkimixam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Well, didn't take long for me to break out. Two underneath both sides of my jawline and about four on my chin. Only one is what I would really call cystic. I haven't broken out like this in over a month, until falling off track the past week during my time off work. And no its not mytime of the month, not for a couple weeks. I guarantee this is because something I ate, lack of sleep and alcohol. Ill keep an update!

Edited by nikkimixam, 10 September 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#28 nikkimixam

nikkimixam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

So, I started using grapeseed oil...napa valley naturals from whole foods. Last. Night, I put some on my chin and jawline only because that's where I broke out. I'm still afraid to put it all over my face. Anyone else use this? I still use jojoba as well for the rest of my face. The brand for that is dessert essence. .. What does everyone else use?

#29 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Insurance might not cover the kinds of tests you need anyway, because you tend to have to find some alternative practitioner or go straight to the lab. There some links to some threads with good info in the allergy section of the good things thread.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#30 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

I use grapeseed oil (the same I use for cooking, 100% organic) on areas where I have melasma, but it doesn't help with acne so I avoid it on other parts of my face. 

As for mid-cycle breakouts (ovulation-time), they are common if you have hormonal imbalances so don't rule out hormonal causes. You should track your breakouts and see if there is a patter. If you always get breakouts 2 weeks before your period, that's not necessarily diet related, it's hormonal. 

#31 nikkimixam

nikkimixam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

My dog is.

Hi I'm wondering if you know if protein and fats spike blood sugar. I know you say to eat an anti-inflammatory blood sugar stabilizing diet. I currently only eat under 60 grams of carbs a day. However, to get my calories up, I eat a lot of healthy fats and meat. I doeat a lot of fatty meats too. What do your meals typically look like? Thank you!

#32 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

My dog is.

Hi I'm wondering if you know if protein and fats spike blood sugar. I know you say to eat an anti-inflammatory blood sugar stabilizing diet. I currently only eat under 60 grams of carbs a day. However, to get my calories up, I eat a lot of healthy fats and meat. I doeat a lot of fatty meats too. What do your meals typically look like? Thank you!

Certain amino acids spike insulin, which is why dairy is insulinemic fats do not spike insulin. Fat & fiber lower the GI

So, I started using grapeseed oil...napa valley naturals from whole foods. Last. Night, I put some on my chin and jawline only because that's where I broke out. I'm still afraid to put it all over my face. Anyone else use this? I still use jojoba as well for the rest of my face. The brand for that is dessert essence. .. What does everyone else use?

The dog & I use napa valley safflower. Did you read the linoleic acid thread?
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#33 nikkimixam

nikkimixam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Skins looking very good again since enjoying myself last week. .I had maybe 10 new zits after not having any new breakouts for almost a couple of weeks. Drank crap, ate crap, brokeout tremendously. Now that I've been back on track , all my zits, except for one, are gone! Somethings definitely been working, I rarely get new zits and the ones I do get heal extremely fast! On another note, its boyfriends snd bestfriends bday tonight. Were all going out..I'm sure I'm going to have a drink. I'm thinking vodka and water? Lol. . What do you all drink?

#34 nikkimixam

nikkimixam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Sooo.. pretty much just using this to log my improvements/set backs. Lol. . Went out last night for my bfs bday. That will be the last tome I go out for a long while. I told myself I deserve to have fin. So I drank and went out to eat with everyone else. I woke up this morninh with two cystic zits on my jaw that were not there last night. I ate a burger, fries, and red velvet pancakes. Today I had some chinese and I will be going out for dinner and dessert later. I know my skin is going to pay for it, but at least I'm enjoying myself. Regardless, ill let you know of the freak breakouts I have within the next few weeks! ..starting tomorrow, its back to healthy eating habits!:) ill keep an update!

#35 nikkimixam

nikkimixam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Started a blog instead:)