User152894

Coal Tar Soap

7 posts in this topic

Is there an initial break out when starting on this coal tar soap product?

I am having a small breakout with 3 inflammed pustules which came out. Not sure if it is because of the soap, because it is not generalized on my face (1 on the forehead, 1 on the lower side of my cheek and of course one right in the middle of my face). After 20 years fighting acne, I am a bit mad to see that my pores still get so inflammed..........

Bottom line here too: Coal tar soap was a bad idea to treat acne. Might be that coal tar helps, but other ingredients broke me out big time. Or the skin purged. But I am still struggling getting rid of one of the stubborn blemish which appeared... Keeps refilling..

Is it that Wrights stuff? Its not actually coal tar, that was banned in the UK a while ago (think its prescription only now). The wrights soap is actually tea tree oil based, which is said to help with acne, but the soap itself leaves a waxy residue on your skin and clogs pores.

Tee tree oil is fine for me though it makes my skin extremely dry. It must have been something else. But the soap was called coal tar soap......

1 person likes this

AHHHH coal stinks for sensitive/acne-prone skin.

I bought these Korean charcoal nose pore strips and they broke me out to high heaven.

They say charcoal and sulfur (equally as irritating) are good for acne.. wrong.

I like tea tree oil too, when diluted.

x x Stephanie

Same! TTO seems to help as spot treatment. A bit too strong for me for the entire face. Have seb derm though, so kinda hard to put anything on my sin!

1 person likes this