Photo
Antibiotics

How Long Do Antibiotics Generally Take To Work?

lymecycline

21 replies to this topic

#21 Banana fly

Banana fly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

Hi!

When I came off the pill in march this year I started to get quite bad acne (for me) after a couple of months that I couldn't control so I went to see a doctor. 

I had comedons (I think they're called?) and a couple of really deep, painful zits that took ages to clear and I think a have a few scars as well, not sure yet. Mostly on my forehead, sides of my nose and chin. Not TOO bad but I was totally devastated anyway.

I was on erythromycin for about three months, started in june, ended about a week ago. It worked really fast! In the beginning I took four capsules a day and I think in just a few days I was almost completely clear. Obviously only the inflamed acne went away, I still have blackheads and a few bumps that turn red sometimes. I was supposed to use Differin gel as well but since it was the summer and I really wanted to be in the sun (I also went on vacation to a really warm and sunny place, and I burn quite easily anyway) I didn't use it.

So now that it's starting to get colder I'm going to start using the Differin gel to get rid of my last few spots.

So for me the antibiotics worked straight away!

#22 Banana fly

Banana fly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

Wow I think it's really strange how everyone's saying it will take a couple of months for the antibiotics to work... seriously it's powerful stuff, the infections will clear really quick! 

However after a while they won't work so good since the bacteria grow resistant to the medicine. 

So I really don't want to take them again, hopefully I'll stay like this for a while at least... maybe I'll post some before and after pics. 

My stomach is quite upset as well, It's not working like it normally does... really annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users