roaccutane log personal progress acne

3 replies to this topic

#1 ktlouise

ktlouise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

so i doubt anyone will actually be interested in this or read it but even so i'm using this as a personal log for myself to track my progress (and also because i'm bored and i can't sleep)

day 3

so i have moderate/severe???? acne - to be honest i'm not sure, in some lighting i class it as moderate and feel ok and then i'll go into another room and feel like ripping my face off - and i'm currently on my third day of roaccutane. so obviously not any noticeable changes yet, my skin is having what i call a 'good period' at the moment - there's about 5 or 6 active spots which is good for me and the rest is hyperpigmentation and spots which are drying up, BUT i still look terrible. and just because i've admitted it's being good at the moment i'll probably have a massive flare up within the next few days haha.

anxiously awaiting the initial breakout, 'hoping for the best but expecting the worst' - it'd be really nice if i managed to avoid it but i'm trying to prepare myself incase it does come. 

so yeah.. not really experienced any side effects but then i guess it won't take effect this quickly (i want it to, literally wishing the days away!). not been able to get to sleep which is why i've decided to do this, but that's probably just because of the messed up sleeping pattern i've acquired.

decided that i'll post pictures throughout (all without make up - sorry for the general uglinesslol.gif ), but i'm really scared about doing so incase anyone does read this and it's actually making me nervousunsure.pngsick.gif  may end up regretting this and deleting.. also having this overwhelming worry that somehow, someone i know will find me and see them all. but here goes, sorry if you see these and feel sick hahahah p.s i broke my camera like an idiot and so the bad quality means the pictures don't show my skin fully accurately but it's near enough

Attached Thumbnails

• TPhoto_00018.jpg
  • TPhoto_00019.jpg

Edited by sxdness, 16 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#2 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

Firstly good luck with your course. As for the fact that you're scared of someone you know seeing your blog, you can always just do a written log or blackout your eyes. I think you can also restrict you sees you pictures, if so you could maybe restrict it to people of this forum. I will check next time I upload some post Accutane pictures and get back to you on restricting access to pictures. But realistically I cannot imagine your friends find it, you haven't linked your name or the country you live at (not that they would look for it even). If you have any questions feel free to post them on here. There are many people on this forum who could give you advice, otherwise you can read through the logs of other Accutane users on here.

#3 ktlouise

ktlouise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Firstly good luck with your course. As for the fact that you're scared of someone you know seeing your blog, you can always just do a written log or blackout your eyes. I think you can also restrict you sees you pictures, if so you could maybe restrict it to people of this forum. I will check next time I upload some post Accutane pictures and get back to you on restricting access to pictures. But realistically I cannot imagine your friends find it, you haven't linked your name or the country you live at (not that they would look for it even). If you have any questions feel free to post them on here. There are many people on this forum who could give you advice, otherwise you can read through the logs of other Accutane users on here.

thank youuu. i want to include the pictures but that's a good point, i never thought of doing that - thanks biggrin.png i'll have a check for that also. yeah i realise now it's highly unlikely, i was just being overly paranoid. 

thank you again for your help, and i will be doing - already looked at a few and i found them helpful and encouraging.

#4 ktlouise

ktlouise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

day 41

well i was planning to update this every exact month, but i didn't really think it would be of much use without pictures and since my skin actually looks worse at the moment there's not much point as i intended to make this a progress log and yeah i just look really bad lol. but out of boredom and just a general review of how it's affected me so far i've decided to do a text-only update. only a few days late anyway... 

by the way i'm currently taking 30mg a day and i don't tend to eat high fat or oily foods so i also take a fish oil capsule with the pills.

so i'm not really that affected at all in the way of side effects - should i be worried about this? do all the side effects that you're going to encounter tend to have started by now or can they just come in at any random time throughout the treatment? i'm wondering if maybe just my general daily routine that i've always done combined with the extra care i've been taking may have combated it as even before starting the course i moisturised twice daily and applied vaseline to my lips every night before i went to bed (i've now changed this to carmex lip balm). i did get pain in my lower back about two weeks in which is still there now but it's nothing that's really bothering me too much. i also got some random dry patches on my elbows however after applying aquaphor healing ointment every night these disappeared after a few days. even though i'm not noticing it too much, the roaccutane must be drying me out because my hair is so much less greasy boogie.gif i'm LOVING it, it literally used to be that i could wash my hair in the evening and then wake up the next morning with it looking as though i hadn't washed it for about a week, now though i only have to wash it every other day. as i'm finding the side effects so manageable (not to say this might not change) if i don't get much worse i think at my next appointment in just under a month i'm going to ask my dermatologist if he will put my dose up to 40mg.

like i said, my skin overall isn't currently better than it was when i started, in fact i would go as far to say it's worse which is making me a bit worried - is it normal to be this way this far in to the treatment? it's kind of fluctuated, i think after about two weeks in i noticed that it was improving and i thought 'onwards and upwards from here  biggrin.png ' however this was not the case and since then it's kind of had periods where i notice it starting to clear up, and then a whole fresh batch of spots appear and destroy the tiny bit of confidence that was beginning to creep upsad.png  however one aspect of my skin that has improved is the oilyness. pretty much my whole face used to be covered in grease and i'd have to wipe it (particularly my nose, it was like a mirror) every half an hour, it became second nature and even now i find myself going to wipe my face and then realise i don't have too anymore which is nice. about three weeks in i noticed my nose felt quite rough, and at first i thought it was dry skin so i started moisturising it, but then i realised it was all the plugged pores and blackheads emptying themselves and now almost all of the blackheads have gone - this is something i'm pleasantly surprised about as even when i didn't have acne i always had blackheads on my nose and they've been there for years so i was worried that even roaccutane wouldn't be able to get rid of them as i thought they'd be really deep into my skin. in terms of actual acne, i have about eight active spots on my forehead, quite a lot on my cheeks, two on my chin and two at the corner of my mouth so yeah, quite a lot. on one cheek, it's like a small cluster of quite big, painful spots - they're the ones that are kind of under the skin and i didn't really used to get these type but they're so painfulshock.gif however the skin covering them is kind of dry so i'm hoping this is some sort of signal that they're going soon.

that's about it for now anyway (again sorry about the long-winded nature of this, never have been one for concisenessglare.gif ), i'll update if anything significant occurs.

Edited by sxdness, 16 September 2013 - 05:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users