Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whitehatok

Acne Treatment Lamp - This Any Good?

4 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried this lamp? I am seriously considering buying it although there seems to be a lack of reviews for the product, what are your guys thoughts?

Link to product: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beauty-Skin-Acne-Treatment-Lamp/dp/B000UA9Z4W/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

I also have cystic acne on my chin but with 'normal' pimples everywhere else, might give you a better idea on if it would help or not.

Do these things actually work?

Note: Wasn't completely sure where this thread should go, new here.

I don't know about this brand, but I tried red and blue light lamps before at my esthetician's . My advice would be to have the treatment done by a professional and see how your skin responds. I read some reviews for other brands that complained about getting more discoloration after using the product, so I'm a bit nervous about buying one online. The portable LED lamps are less expensive btw, maybe you want to get one of those first if you can afford it.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

I moved your topic to the general acne discussion. I think you will get more responses in this area. :)

Thanks Acne.org Moderator Team

Regimen:

AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone

PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+

Been taking Sprio since 1/2013