Photo

Documentary About Accutane

accutane depression side effects psychological effects of acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Please do post how accutane helps your oily skin. I am about the same age with pretty much the same issue; overly oily skin. I'm still weighing the pros and cons with accutane. I completely understand your internship experience; I had the same deal only I worked in an electronics lab with protective goggles. Very annoying on an oily face.

Yeah, yet another thing that was ruined by acne. On top of it my boss sat me down in his office and gave me a lengthy lecture about how I need to go out with the others after work or I'll become isolated. He thought I didn't want to go because I saw myself above it all and was like "Now I'm gonna talk some sense into this kid". And I sat there and said nothing, because I didn't want to tell him about the acne. I didn't like him very much so I didn't want to discuss such a personal topic with him. *sigh*

Yea it happens. I've learned to blot my face on breaks using the paper towels in bathrooms when I'm on break or lunch. Have you tried that? It makes a pretty big difference, as it gets rid of the excess oil with minimal effort. 

Good luck with accutane; it is slightly risky but no where near as bad as everyone says it is. I have never taken it but I've researched the hell out of it; and the numbers show that the majority of people just have minor issues like dry eyes and lips, nothing really too serious. Of course the horror stories make it to the internet though LOL. Just stay alert for potential issues and make sure you have someone to talk to if you need it.

#22 Vanessa2002

Vanessa2002

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

Yea it happens. I've learned to blot my face on breaks using the paper towels in bathrooms when I'm on break or lunch. Have you tried that? It makes a pretty big difference, as it gets rid of the excess oil with minimal effort. 

Good luck with accutane; it is slightly risky but no where near as bad as everyone says it is. I have never taken it but I've researched the hell out of it; and the numbers show that the majority of people just have minor issues like dry eyes and lips, nothing really too serious. Of course the horror stories make it to the internet though LOL. Just stay alert for potential issues and make sure you have someone to talk to if you need it.

When you wear make-up you can't do that, cause then it'll come off, too. Instead I put on loads of powder and my skin felt like it suffocated...

I did a lot of research on accutane, too and I also feel like it works well for most people. I just have to give it a try, or I'll ask myself 'what if' for the rest of my life. I'll start out with 10mg for the first month, to see how my body reacts to it, before I go up to 20mg.

#23 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

When you wear make-up you can't do that, cause then it'll come off, too. Instead I put on loads of powder and my skin felt like it suffocated...

I did a lot of research on accutane, too and I also feel like it works well for most people. I just have to give it a try, or I'll ask myself 'what if' for the rest of my life. I'll start out with 10mg for the first month, to see how my body reacts to it, before I go up to 20mg.

Have you tried the little blotting sheets they sell? I've seen women use those, and I think if you just dab/press your face it would affect your makeup very little. I could be wrong though lol.

#24 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

Accutane does NOT affect emotions. All reports of Accutane being associated with severe depression leading to suicide are unfounded as the drug does not directly "induce" depression. These people are already depressed and emotionally unstable to begin with whether they know it or not - trust me, I have been in the same boat. Emotional disorders are cumulative and take time to build up before they get to a "breaking point" where you experience full blown symptoms. It has nothing to do with the Accutane.

#25 Vanessa2002

Vanessa2002

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

Have you tried the little blotting sheets they sell? I've seen women use those, and I think if you just dab/press your face it would affect your makeup very little. I could be wrong though lol.

No, I haven't heard of that. But it'll be only two weeks now until I can start with my accutane course. cheer.gif So I don't need to look into it anymore :)

Accutane does NOT affect emotions. All reports of Accutane being associated with severe depression leading to suicide are unfounded as the drug does not directly "induce" depression. These people are already depressed and emotionally unstable to begin with whether they know it or not - trust me, I have been in the same boat. Emotional disorders are cumulative and take time to build up before they get to a "breaking point" where you experience full blown symptoms. It has nothing to do with the Accutane.

I don't agree with that. Accutane interferes with the production of serotonin in the brain. It can cause depression in some people, however there are just as many who take the drug and are fine.

#26 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

No, I haven't heard of that. But it'll be only two weeks now until I can start with my accutane course. cheer.gif So I don't need to look into it anymore smile.png

>Accutane does NOT affect emotions. All reports of Accutane being associated with severe depression leading to suicide are unfounded as the drug does not directly "induce" depression. These people are already depressed and emotionally unstable to begin with whether they know it or not - trust me, I have been in the same boat. Emotional disorders are cumulative and take time to build up before they get to a "breaking point" where you experience full blown symptoms. It has nothing to do with the Accutane.

I don't agree with that. Accutane interferes with the production of serotonin in the brain. It can cause depression in some people, however there are just as many who take the drug and are fine.

No study has identified solid evidence that Accutane truly changes brain chemistry or affects serotonin or dopamine levels. There have been reported "links" but nothing has been confirmed 100%. It's sort of iffy to say the least. But I really doubt there's a link.

#27 biggs881

biggs881

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

http://www.acne.org/...sion/?p=3372200

#28 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

There's a few studies on google scholar as well.

Edited by CBIOT13, 17 August 2013 - 09:18 PM.