Photo

The Realities Of Acne

not positive at all

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#21 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

You is Smart. You is Kind. You is important.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

I don't pity you. I wish better for you. You are the way you are because you are choosing to be that way. I can't "pity" your decisions. I may not have severe acne, but my acne still causes me pain. I also know how life can be cruel, and beat you down until you feel as if you can't get up anymore. I'm only 18 years old, but I've had more than my fair share of suffering. Between psychical illness, mental illness, trauma, deaths, and many other crappy life experiences there's plenty of times where I could have adapted your attitude and blamed society. Or take out my frustration and anger on society. Instead, I focus on myself and how I can improve ME. I would gain NOTHING by trying to even the score with society. I would only feel worse in the end. 

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. People do care. I have friends and family that love me. It may not be perfect, but I can go to sleep at night knowing that I'm not alone despite how I feel. I know you said that it applies to the vast majority, and yes people can be rather selfish. But people can also be wonderful. There's giving, and sharing, and talking, and laughing, and most importantly, loving. Why focus on the negative?

For you to feel as bad as you feel right now, you must know what it's like to feel good.. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to feel sad, because you'd have nothing to compare the emotions to. If you are able to be this angry, fed up, and depressed... You must have, at one time or another, felt at ease, peaceful, and happy. 

AM Regimen:

Cleanse face with La Roche Posay Effaclar

Apply Aczone

Moisturize with Sheseido Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer

PM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

Spot Treat with Clearisil Adult Acne Tinted Spot Treatment (always)

I now do not follow a vitamin regimen and have expanded my eating to include almost all food groups (excluding lactose/dairy). Since I made this change my face has CLEARED UP!

Minimalism people, trust me it works. Develop a skin care regimen, stick to it, and you will see results. All the rest (diet, exercise, supplements) didn't work for me. Less is more.

Status: 98% Clear... Plus a nice bunch of superficial scarring -.-

#22 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:01 AM

Well ok then thanks that's kind of you. To me, i'm just being realistic about my situation . it's a logical conclusion i think, a person can take only so much before they begin losing their own humanity. But in anycase, im glad to hear that they are people that live normally & happy. About my view on society, i'll just agree to disagree there.

Lastly, yeah once upon a time i was happy, but that was a long time ago, i had a good childhood wouldn't change much about it. by comparison you could say it was night & day my childhood to teen years. now... i just tuned 20 last month, despite of my experience these last years. i'm still optimistic about this decade in my life 10 years is a long time & i know how powerful time can be. many things can change by then, maybe even my face retuning to regularity. 

I don't pity you. I wish better for you. You are the way you are because you are choosing to be that way. I can't "pity" your decisions. I may not have severe acne, but my acne still causes me pain. I also know how life can be cruel, and beat you down until you feel as if you can't get up anymore. I'm only 18 years old, but I've had more than my fair share of suffering. Between psychical illness, mental illness, trauma, deaths, and many other crappy life experiences there's plenty of times where I could have adapted your attitude and blamed society. Or take out my frustration and anger on society. Instead, I focus on myself and how I can improve ME. I would gain NOTHING by trying to even the score with society. I would only feel worse in the end. 

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. People do care. I have friends and family that love me. It may not be perfect, but I can go to sleep at night knowing that I'm not alone despite how I feel. I know you said that it applies to the vast majority, and yes people can be rather selfish. But people can also be wonderful. There's giving, and sharing, and talking, and laughing, and most importantly, loving. Why focus on the negative?

For you to feel as bad as you feel right now, you must know what it's like to feel good.. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to feel sad, because you'd have nothing to compare the emotions to. If you are able to be this angry, fed up, and depressed... You must have, at one time or another, felt at ease, peaceful, and happy. 

#23 KATE75

KATE75

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Fatalbert911 - I just wanted to say I agree with a lot of the points you make. Severe acne (and scarring) is a horrible affliction. It's something I have lived with for over 25 years and it can have an enormous impact on how we live our life. As a long time sufferer, I agree it can eventually wear you down and make you feel angry and resentful. However, I think this particular thread just highlights the fact that each individual's experience of acne is different and no one can really generalise about how it will affect another person's life. Some people are just innately happy and haven't experienced any negative treatment at the hands of others and then some others (myself included) have had the misfortune of being surrounded by people who just don't understand how crappy this skin condition can make you feel about yourself and life in general. 

I admire the people who can remain positive in spite of it but it does get awfully hard to remain positive when your skin never seems to give you a break no matter what you try or how old you get.

Edited by KATE75, 20 August 2013 - 10:40 AM.

My Regimen

Morning & Evening

Wash my face with "Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel"

Apply 1 pump of Dan's BP to my chin area

Moisturise using "Eucerin Replenishing Face Cream"

Diet

No dairy products

Eat plenty of fresh vegetables (especially leafy, dark greens)

2 litres of water per day.

#24 Bodie81

Bodie81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Fatalbert911 - I just wanted to say I agree with a lot of the points you make. Severe acne (and scarring) is a horrible affliction. It's something I have lived with for over 25 years and it can have an enormous impact on how we live our life. As a long time sufferer, I agree it can eventually wear you down and make you feel angry and resentful. However, I think this particular thread just highlights the fact that each individual's experience of acne is different and no one can really generalise about how it will affect another person's life. Some people are just innately happy and haven't experienced any negative treatment at the hands of others and then some others (myself included) have had the misfortune of being surrounded by people who just don't understand how crappy this skin condition can make you feel about yourself and life in general. 

I admire the people who can remain positive in spite of it but it does get awfully hard to remain positive when your skin never seems to give you a break no matter what you try or how old you get.

Kate75, as someone who has also had acne on and off for as long as you have, I truly sympathise with you.

I`ve detailed how acne has impacted on my life in an earlier post on this thread. Don`t really want to go into detail on here, but what I failed to mention is the bullying that I suffered as well.

I`ve had long periods in my life where I have felt like Fatalbert. I`m far from being innately happy or optimistic but ultimately, I think you have to let go of the bitterness at some point otherwise it will just consume you and push people away from you.

#25 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

i'v been thinking about putting a hiden camera on my chest & going about my day just to show you guys what i mean. some people here are in the twilight zone man lol. i could probably give you guys hours upon hours of hard proof of the realities of acne. Maybe then people would see it my way. 

i can't just let this go, there must be some kind of punishment here. i refuse to let my suffering be for nothing.  look i'll be frank for those of you that have replied in a positive way thank's but i don't need it, i appreciate it but i know what people are really like first hand. may your positive words help whoever needs it, but personally im just annoyed by it lol i wont lie.

Understand that my views are realistic (to me) about this cold world. A guy like me just wants to find a solitary place to call home, free of people & their opinions. i'm not a voluntary member of society & society doesn't want me nor do i want it at this point. besides i'v always been the kind of guy to prefer my own company anyways....

#26 SuperYew

SuperYew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Dont want to come across as a preacher or anything but..

Every day through out the day just say "I receive my healing for my acne and my face" and continually say outloud you have no acne anymore, because declaring that you "hate the way you look" and "I look so ugly" "there is so much acne" does exactly that, no results when you speak pain over yourself.

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them"

The bible does not lie :)

Try it out, it cant hurt can it?

#27 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Every day through out the day just say "I receive my healing for my acne and my face" and continually say outloud you have no acne anymore, because declaring that you "hate the way you look" and "I look so ugly" "there is so much acne" does exactly that, no results when you speak pain over yourself.

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them"

The bible does not lie smile.png

Have you ever read The Secret? The law of attraction. If you put out positive energy, positive things will come your way. I try my best to live by that. Kind of difficult when the going gets tough though :/ 

AM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

PM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

I now do not follow a vitamin regimen and have expanded my eating to include almost all food groups (excluding lactose/dairy). Since I made this change my face has CLEARED UP!

Minimalism people, trust me it works. Develop a skin care regimen, stick to it, and you will see results. All the rest (diet, exercise, supplements) didn't work for me. Less is more.

#28 SuperYew

SuperYew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

The bible does not lie smile.png

Have you ever read The Secret? The law of attraction. If you put out positive energy, positive things will come your way. I try my best to live by that. Kind of difficult when the going gets tough though :/ 

Watch the video, dont listen to any of that "Karma" stuff, you arent punished in life due to prior actions. No medication out there can over night/instantly heal you and restore your skin 100% fresh except through Jesus, believe that you are renewed because of what he did already for you, the bible says he bore your sickness's and diseases on the cross, acne falls under that no doubt, so it is already healed. Just have to ask Jesus to receive your healing!

#29 Rawhide

Rawhide

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

Will you fucking stop whining you don't even have acne

#30 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

To whom were you directing that less than helpful comment to?

AM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

PM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

#31 WeCanDoIt

WeCanDoIt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Wow I just looked looked at your photos.

From reading your posts, you clearly have the mental problem that anorexic people have where they see themseleves as being fat even though they are super skinny. You have very mild acne and you are acting like it is the most severe case in the world.

You're ruining your own life by pretending a mild case of acne is severe, and for that, I feel bad for you.

#32 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

To whom were you directing that less than helpful comment to?

probably me i started the thread & showed my pics, funny too because he liked my post & then disliked it XD

To Rawhide: make up your mind for starters, secondly i'v got the scars smart ass & my acne was probably worse then yours ever was or will be. you should know better the things i post don't come from nowhere. i live with this sh!t

#33 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

Even if his skin is looking good now, it doesn't mean he never dealt with acne and it doesn't mean the 'emotional scars' of acne have gone away. Unfortunately they don't just disappear once your skin is clear! It also doesn't matter how severe or mild someones acne is - it can still severely impact the persons life and how they think and feel regardless. 

fatalbert 911 - I hope you yourself can see how nice your skin is soon! Maybe even remember the condition it used to be and how much better it is now - in my opinion that's something to be thankful for and happy about - that you're skin has improved or is rid of severe acne or even just constant active acne. And I also think there are people out there that wish they had your skin! 

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#34 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

I thought you had a reason to whine, looks like you don't. Just some phaggot with a few marks left that thinks it's the reason for all of his issues. You have no idea what is a truely dehumanizing condition. Man the fuck up

I can assure you that this doesn't work. Brains don't work like a hard drive in a computer. He needs to see a doctor if he is that much bothered by his personal situation. It is nothing to be ashamed of. I am under the supervision of a team of psychiatrists as well, because I am completely stuck in my (lack of) life.

#35 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

I thought you had a reason to whine, looks like you don't. Just some phaggot with a few marks left that thinks it's the reason for all of his issues. You have no idea what is a truely dehumanizing condition. Man the fuck up

I can assure you that this doesn't work. Brains don't work like a hard drive in a computer. He needs to see a doctor if he is that much bothered by his personal situation. It is nothing to be ashamed of. I am under the supervision of a team of psychiatrists as well, because I am completely stuck in my (lack of) life.

Rawhide: Hahaha, and you? what the fuk do you know?... look just relax man i don't even want to fight. i'm just posting what i've been through so the next poor bastard to have it as bad as i did, at least they'll know what to most likely expect from life. i don't post my stuff for attention, i'm wanting to wake people up.

Alexander: i'm fine mentally i act & conduct myself in a normal way. the fact that my relationship with society is bad doesn't mean i'm sick, not mentally anyway. it's just a side effect of having  acne/scars. i feel going to a psychologist wouldn't help because im not the problem lol people are

Edited by fatalbert911, 30 August 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#36 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Even if his skin is looking good now, it doesn't mean he never dealt with acne and it doesn't mean the 'emotional scars' of acne have gone away. Unfortunately they don't just disappear once your skin is clear! It also doesn't matter how severe or mild someones acne is - it can still severely impact the persons life and how they think and feel regardless. 

fatalbert 911 - I hope you yourself can see how nice your skin is soon! Maybe even remember the condition it used to be and how much better it is now - in my opinion that's something to be thankful for and happy about - that you're skin has improved or is rid of severe acne or even just constant active acne. And I also think there are people out there that wish they had your skin! 

is it better then what it was... yes & definitely know that. but it's still far from good, i'll need to get more detailed pics, i'll try  to upload some soon

#37 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Rawhide: Hahaha, and you? what the fuk do you know?... look just relax man i don't even want to fight. i'm just posting what i've been through so the next poor bastard to have it as bad as i did, at least they'll know what to most likely expect from life. i don't post my stuff for attention, i'm wanting to wake people up.

Alexander: i'm fine mentally i act & conduct myself in a normal way. the fact that my relationship with society is bad doesn't mean i'm sick, not mentally anyway. it's just a side effect of having  acne/scars. i feel going to a psychologist wouldn't help because im not the problem lol people are

Even then you should go. If you encounter good doctors, then they will care about you.

#38 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Even then you should go. If you encounter good doctors, then they will care about you.

idk... I just don't feel the need to, I think I might be able to get through it alone. but if I can't I might consider going to one.

#39 Rawhide

Rawhide

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

Sorry guys, I went over the line there. Been tough times lately. No reason to rage it out here though. sorry again

#40 COSMICROCK

COSMICROCK

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

I suffered from acne for about 11 years.  8 of those years it actually affected my life for the worst. So much that I wouldnt be where i am today or be the person I am today because of it.  That thought of that alone blows my mind away. It still upsets me from time to time because of what I could have done and learned in that time. But as I look at it I would never be able to help anyone like I hope I can.

I havent had acne problems in 10 years. Hell , I rarely use any cleansers anymore.  I will pretty much stick to my guns on this solution because anything less would be 10 steps back and I would die trying to help at least one person understand this. Because I know others feel like its killing them or that they want to die some days. I mean I wanted to die but somehow instead I ended up  willing to die for this realization... until I gave up. So I will just sum up some 6 principles to healing that came out about from the miracle I had.

Just a few facts that I learned on my own about acne that no doctor could ever tell you because he has probably never had to heal his own acne. (Plus, he would be out of business.)

First before you read this just stop whining. Stop looking for someone to make it go away for you. Its your acne. You're the one who created it ,you're the one prolonging it. Trying to whine about it on here and not take anyones advice that has put an end to the problem  even though you "want a solution" is  basically saying you want it. To paint a better picture its like paying a personal trainer to get in shape but instead of you lifting the weights you want him to lift them. LOL.

1. Acne is not out there trying to get you. It is not a separate entity from you. It is an extension of you. It starts in your mind ( like any other thing).

Acne thoughts + emotion( "I can't stand acne!") = Acne

2. Since it is in your mind it is created by your thoughts.And since it starts with a thought it can be ended with...no thought.

Acne thoughts -  acne emotion( I can't stand acne)= Healing 

3. You have an emotional attachment to acne. " I can't stand acne".  It must be let go. Forgiven. But first let me emphasize any form of medicine or naturopathic home remedy, or no remedy, you wish to take has to go through this process to heal. 

Forgiveness is what heals.  Right now you're at "F@ck you acne". when you need to be at "Acne is ok. " Then eventually you will get to "Who's acne?"

When you cut your finger most of the time there is no grudge with the cut , so you let it heal. Its not "F@ck you cut! or F@ck you kitchen knife(well sometimes but only for a minute hehe).  When you make up with a friend its not "I forgive you for breaking my Justin Bieber but when you get a chance burn in hell"  Its either "I forgive you "or it what I call " No need to forgive because, I was never upset." You simply cannot have peace without letting yourself have it. 

4. You have to change your mind about acne.  You think it makes you ugly and unattractive. But since  your so wrapped up in yourself,  you've never bothered to look around and realize theres really no such thing as ugly. There is nothing unbearable to look at.

Think about it. Take a look around at people with it and without it. Does acne change how you feel about them? The ones that  do have it can you tell it bothers them? Can you tell how it makes them feel at all? Usually not. And why is that? Because its all in their head! If you can't perceive a problem with your eyes then it must be in the mind, right?

5. Stop resisting the acne. Let it be there. Remember its there because you cant stand it. So for now on tell yourself its ok to have it.

Because it does not matter. ITs like bird shit on a car. Its not going to change how you feel about a car. It would never keep you from buying a car you love. You'd have to scour a car just to see it anyway. If it was a ferrari you wouldn't even care!  The problem is taken care of you just need to get out of the way because you have been in the way the whole time by caring about acne.

6.The BEST ACTION to take to release  your attachment to it is to affirm : "I don't care if it stays or goes,  I'm not going to do this to myself anymore. I going to live my life and be happy."  Then start living your life like someone who doesn't have it. Stop putting all this crap on your face. pick one cleanser use it no more than twice a day if you need that to make you feel at ease.  Stop looking for zits in the bathroom for an hour. Stop picking. Stop hiding. People that don't have it don't do that crap. So stop taking it so seriously. Laugh at yourself once in awhile and spend time trying to always be laughing or doing something you enjoy.  

Keep in mind if you took Accutane or something and it went away, your attitude towards it would be different. You will eventually feel "safe" but it will just take longer and cost more. Eventually you may even forget your grudge and approve of yourself and actually be happy but only conditionally. You'll never know unconditional happiness or love. 

So to conclude if you can't understand at least one of these then saddle up for a long ride on a road to nowhere and good luck with your next battle. Acne's cousin cancer.