Photo
Severe Acne

Acne And Excessive Body Hair

acne excessive body hair

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#21 Eaziie

Eaziie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hey Irma,it's kind of late reply but,  I have a possible solution.

I have battled with really terrible acne before when i was about 14/15, it has cleared now.

I went to a beauty salon and had a glycolic acid peel, followed by some microdermabrasion facials (i now get like 2 of these a year), these were basically facials that removed/exfoliated the top layer of skin (which is also great for removing marks, and was painless), I reacted really well to it, there was hardly any redness or discomfort. Then i tried to use products from the dermalogica brand, but they're kind of pricey so after my first batch ran out I started using over the counter stuff, which has been doing fine in keeping the acne away now.

Also, the excessive body hairs, I started getting really thick hairs on my chest area and my stomach after i stopped taking hair growing supplements. I tried shaving but then it got worse and then I tried plucking and that gives me a lot of ingrown hairs. But recently I have been using a skin serum called Inhibitif and its supposed to reduce hair growth and thickness. I cannot swear by it just yet but so far I have already noticed that the hair on the areas that i apply has actually started to grow thinner. Some people notice results after like 3 weeks but I think it took more like 6 weeks for me to start seeing some improvements really, but it's a big bottle which cost £30/$60 but that's way better than the price for laser hair removal.

Hope this helps,

If you want to know more just let me know :)