227 replies to this topic

#221 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

I think it's a new class of hyaluronic acid fillers.  Most hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane or Juvederm are cross-linked.   Normal hyaluronic acid is not cross-linked so it is constantly being created and destroyed by the body.   Cross-linking makes the HA harder to break down, and that's why the filler is able to last for months as opposed to being quickly metabolized by the body like natural HA.  Crosslinking turns HA from a liquid into a thick, viscous gel.

They use this uncrosslinked HA for procedures called mesotherapy, which is big in Europe but not in North America.   It's basically using non-crosslinked HA to rehydrate the skin and to inject very superficially to help fine lines.  If you injected this, it would dissipate quickly like the doctor said, which would solve the problem of more filler causing your face to look fatter and rounder.

Too bad he doesn't offer much of a discount for using just saline solution, but at least we know that it is possible with other substances

thanks for your reply. i did a  bit of research on real self. its seems this type of filler is used on lips mainly as a lip enhancer. there was quite a few negative reviews on this. some claim the filler lasts months so im a bit confused since the filler is not supposed to be cross linked. 

in my case im abit worried because i still have filler in my face and it has been 7.5 months since i had my last enerjet session. i wanna wait until the filler is re absorbed into my body before going ahead with third treatment. the great amount of volume added is a big turn off for me so this non crosslinked filler seems ideal. i wish enerjet didnt have this side effect its such a bummer. its great for those who dont mind having volume added to there face though.

#222 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:59 AM

Yeah I totally feel you on the volume thing.   I had filler done in the past for acne scars and it was not done skillfully.  I looked bloated and way overinjected.  It clearly looked like I had some sort of "work" done.  As a guy, the last thing you want people to notice is that you've had obvious cosmetic work on your face.  I'm surprised the volume has lasted so long for you.  Which filler brand did they use?   

You might want to take those reviews on Realself with a grain of salt.   If I've learned anything, it's that most people are surprisingly ignorant about medical procedures.  For God's sake people still dont' know the difference between Fraxel Restore and Repair, so forget about them understanding what crosslinked and non crosslinked means.  If it is not cross linked, it cannot survive in the body very long.

#223 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

ya man trust me! its so embarrasing too look like you  have had work done on the face especially for guys. im pretty hesitant to get filler again especially since i still have filler in my face. i belive he used juvederm on me. its most obvious when i smile my face looks way fatter. 

i think im gonna go ahead with a second intracel treatment since ive gotten alright results from the first. 

#224 Sydboi

Sydboi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, dance, reading, curing scars (internal and external).
    Also looking for fellow sufferers in Australia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Bump.

Hey no_hope, how is your progress coming along? :)

#225 Sydboi

Sydboi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:04 AM

Bumping again,

Please, if anyone who has had this procedure can update their progress? Any side effects?

My scarring is getting me so, so, so down. I don't see any great future. I have an appointment to see a dermatologist in Australia to see if I can have this done. I still have some acne see, though I only get a couple of little pimples per week now randomly, and they go away quite quick. I haven't had any acne cysts for the last three months (well except one when my aesthetician did extractions and two became infected and merged into one cyst)

Thank you again

#226 Limeyman

Limeyman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

I've had the second treatment for enerjet 2 weeks ago at phi clinic, London. To be honest I haven't really seen any improvement. The nurse did say it would take 3 treatments and laser to get rid of these damn scars.

#227 Sydboi

Sydboi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

I've had the second treatment for enerjet 2 weeks ago at phi clinic, London. To be honest I haven't really seen any improvement. The nurse did say it would take 3 treatments and laser to get rid of these damn scars.

Hi Limeyman,

Sorry about your skin woes. Just a few questions:

What type of scarring and skin texture did you have previously?
Did the plumping effect of the filler used make your skin plumper, nicer, more even?
How much improvement would you say you had?
Do you still have active acne? Did this procedure cause you to break out?

Thanks much!

#228 Limeyman

Limeyman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:47 AM

I have mainly boxcar and ice pick scars, some are deep and some are superficial, had my first treatment in July, and the second a month after. I've done tca cross and chemical peels before which really messed up my skin giving it a sort of orange peel texture and very discoloured. I think 2 weeks after the second improvement I'll put it at 10% better, though I can't really be sure. The nurse said my scars have improved but I'm not really seeing much. I have the odd pimple here and there, about one or two a month. I did get a singe pimple after the first treatment but none at after the second. The treatment did make my face plumper for about 4 days but after that it went back to normal. The pigmentation marks from the treatment is still there after two weeks but they are starting to fade.

Edited by Limeyman, 25 August 2014 - 02:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users