itchy cant stand it moisturizer allergy benzoyl peroxide

1 reply to this topic

#1 bbyy1234

bbyy1234

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Started "The Regimen" and while I waited for my 2.5% to come in the mail, I used a TINY bit of my old 10% that i had used previously. 

Around 6 months ago before doing the regimen, I used BP in my daily face wash routine and would use the 10% and one day had a reaction that was  little more red and felt like sunburn and I stopped using it.  It was probably just because I used too much at such a high percentage.

So, now, I used this 10% (VERY small amounts) twice for two days and then I experienced itchiness so I stopped and decided to wait until my 2.5 came.  Now, two days later, I have not used any BP and my face is ITCHING LIKE CRAZY. I can't even go out I'm so distracted and irritated by this itchiness.  There is no serious redness or any other burning sensation.

Could I be allergic? When will it stop, I haven't applied BP in two days.  Could it be a moisturizer I am using? 

Edited by bbyy1234, 31 July 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

Itchiness on the regimen is common.  In the first 3 weeks I used to want to scratch my face off it was so bad, especially at night.

It could indicate an allergy in your case but rest assured that itchiness is normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users