itchy cant stand it moisturizer allergy benzoyl peroxide

1 reply to this topic

#1 bbyy1234

bbyy1234

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Started "The Regimen" and while I waited for my 2.5% to come in the mail, I used a TINY bit of my old 10% that i had used previously. 

Around 6 months ago before doing the regimen, I used BP in my daily face wash routine and would use the 10% and one day had a reaction that was  little more red and felt like sunburn and I stopped using it.  It was probably just because I used too much at such a high percentage.

So, now, I used this 10% (VERY small amounts) twice for two days and then I experienced itchiness so I stopped and decided to wait until my 2.5 came.  Now, two days later, I have not used any BP and my face is ITCHING LIKE CRAZY. I can't even go out I'm so distracted and irritated by this itchiness.  There is no serious redness or any other burning sensation.

Could I be allergic? When will it stop, I haven't applied BP in two days.  Could it be a moisturizer I am using? 

Edited by bbyy1234, 31 July 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

Itchiness on the regimen is common.  In the first 3 weeks I used to want to scratch my face off it was so bad, especially at night.

It could indicate an allergy in your case but rest assured that itchiness is normal.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users