regimen personal holistic supplements oral topical glycolic peel accutane

3 replies to this topic

#1 bbyy1234

bbyy1234

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hello!  So today marks the day my package from drugstore.com arrived and I can't wait to start my new skincare routine.

So, a little background info.  I've been struggling with breakouts since I was a pre-teen.  Got really bad around age 16-18 and then after taking an antibiotic for a short period of time it cleared up.  I am now 19 and it is back (not nearly as bad, but still, back).  I have been wanting to go on accutane the past few years but my insurance does not cover it and it's been hell trying to get it all situated.  Sick of waiting I decided to do something new.

So, I did a lot of research and stumbled upon a post saying a holistic dermatologist told this girl to use this "vitamin cocktail".  http://www.xojane.co...skin-less-fugly  I have experimented with certain supplements before but never very consistently or together.  So, I have purchased the supplements and will be taking her recommended Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Zinc and Borage Oil.  Every morning I will be taking 1000 IU Vitamin E, 50 mg Zinc, 1000 mg Borage Oil and 20,000 IU Vitamin A.  Then, at night I will be taking one more 50mg Zinc tablet and another 1000 mg Borage Oil tablet.  I also take will be continuing to take one 2,000 IU Vitamin D daily and my birth control.  This is my oral method. 

I once went to a dermatologist and after being prescribed an oral medication for acne, I was told you should always pair it with a topical remedy.  

So, I will also be doing Dan's Regimen! I am using drugstore products because for me that seems to be easier and a little bit cheaper.  I will be gently washing my face every morning for ten seconds and minimal hand contact, using Neutrogena Naturals fresh cleansing & makeup remover.  It is supposed to be gentle and is non medicated which is recommended. I also like that it is oil free, non comedogenic and sulfate free!! Sulfates just rip good oils from your skin, so does using hot water on your skin.  So use lukewarm or cool!  Then, I will be doing step two of the regimen which is applying 2.5% benzoyl peroxide all over face.  I am going to start with a small amount until my skin gets used to it then work my way up with using more all over the face.  I am using "On-the-Spot" acne treatment which is just 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide.  It's one of the only 2.5% one's on the market.  Then after that is all soaked in, I will be using my moisturizer.  I have an SPF moisturizer for during the day (Estee Lauder Daywear) which is noncomedogenic and oil free.  Then at night I use my Pond's moisturizer.  I do this every morning and night.  I can not itch or touch my face at all.  

After my skin gets used to the BP I will start using my Perfect Image Glycolic 30% Peel once a week to get rid of scarring marks.

*Note, to get rid of eye makeup use a baby oil on a cotton ball.  For facial makeup, use bare hands and cleanser.  Don't wear makeup as often as possible.  If using makeup use bare hands to apply makeup, in a featherlight quick motion.  Always use clean

brushes.  Use oil free, non comedogenic products on your face.

Hoping to see some sort of results in about 2.5-3 months.

#2 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:27 AM

Sounds like a plan!

Good luck on starting the regimen! :)

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#3 4meracneguy

4meracneguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

Benzoyl Peroxide makes red marks last longer and possibly decreases collagen production. A better idea would be to get regular salicyclic peels and use retin a, both of which decrease the amount of time red marks last and work better for acne.

If you cant get the prescription for retin a, try sulfur/sulfacetamide masks and salicyclic acid peels (if you can't do peels, use 2% salicyclic acid washes). I've had comedonal/nodular acne and BP didn't work nearly as well as the aforementioned treatment plans. I used to take zinc as well.

#4 superwater

superwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

So many products, how can your body handle all of that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users