scar tca

9 replies to this topic

#1 FilipZ

FilipZ

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hi, I am Filip and sorry for my bad english, because I am not from english speaking country. I have only rolling and boxscars.Two years ago I use accutane and and currently I solve these scars. Before 1 year was trying dermarolling, but I had a only little improvement. So recommend me TCA peel? It will be better for rolling and boxscar?Can I order 12,5 tca from ebay? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a2ea67a0d For first time a want try weak concentration.How would you solve my problem? Thank you for your recommendents. Some my photos of my scars, but on these photos it not looks so bad, but in real these scars are bad .I hope the links are working. g58h.th.jpg
fjnh.th.jpg
ztfz.th.jpg

#2 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me
  • Interests:Soccer, helping others

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have had two TCA peels so far: One test peel (around 15% strength) and a 25% peel. I'm expected to get yet another peel on August 8th.

My skin still has the red marks (because I'm not done with the whole TCA journey yet. BUT! My cheeks used to feel like a rug before (and look like it too when lighting hit me on a certain angle). Now, my cheeks feel extremely smooth and the texture is flat and normal. The redmarks are what's left but my dermatologist has given me Tazorac and he told me that the last peel will get rid of most of the remaining red marks.

You don't seem to have red marks, but I assure you that TCA peels will help your skin a lot in terms of the scarring and feel. And you also have really white skin, which means that there's not much of a risk for you getting your skin hyperpigmentated with the peeling.

So my answer is yes. Do it, but get it done by someone who knows how to do the procedure.

#3 FilipZ

FilipZ

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

I do not have anyone who knows how it applied. It is problem? I read, that tca peel is at home use. At beggining 12,5 is good? Can I order from link from ebay above? Is Vanity Belle good brand? And what all I need to practise tca peel at home. Do you some instruction? How many days I should have red face? I will not be hull?

After how many days I can applied tca peel again? I have applied to the entire face or on the scars? And how I neutralized tca peel?

#4 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

I do not have anyone who knows how it applied. It is problem? I read, that tca peel is at home use. At beggining 12,5 is good? Can I order from link from ebay above? Is Vanity Belle good brand? And what all I need to practise tca peel at home. Do you some instruction? How many days I should have red face? I will not be hull?

After how many days I can applied tca peel again? I have applied to the entire face or on the scars? And how I neutralized tca peel?

That's the thing. With your knowledge about the TCA Peel procedure, you're more likely to damage your skin rather than help it. What I meant by "someone you know that can do TCA Peels" I meant specifically a dermatologist or esthetician. It's for your own good.

#5 FilipZ

FilipZ

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

But I live in Slovakia and there are no a lot of skillful dermatologist. I have no access to modern procedures. I thought that at least it helped a little. Have any more ideas what to do with scars? What is best type of lase on scars? In my city we have some clinics, but I have little faith in them. It is better to combine intervention?

#6 maclas

maclas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

I have had two TCA peels so far: One test peel (around 15% strength) and a 25% peel. I'm expected to get yet another peel on August 8th.

My skin still has the red marks (because I'm not done with the whole TCA journey yet. BUT! My cheeks used to feel like a rug before (and look like it too when lighting hit me on a certain angle). Now, my cheeks feel extremely smooth and the texture is flat and normal. The redmarks are what's left but my dermatologist has given me Tazorac and he told me that the last peel will get rid of most of the remaining red marks.

You don't seem to have red marks, but I assure you that TCA peels will help your skin a lot in terms of the scarring and feel. And you also have really white skin, which means that there's not much of a risk for you getting your skin hyperpigmentated with the peeling.

So my answer is yes. Do it, but get it done by someone who knows how to do the procedure.

KSG1996 did you have acne scars or was it just PIH?  Any estimate on the % improvement after you had the two peels done?

#7 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

KSG1996 did you have acne scars or was it just PIH?  Any estimate on the % improvement after you had the two peels done?

Light scarring and PIH that I still have, but not as bad. % of improvement: I'd say 30-35%. I still have another peel left so that'll most likely treat the PIH. The scars I had on my cheeks and forehead are practically gone after the second peel. My skin is extremely smooth when you feel it, just still with red marks which will go away with the next peel, according to my dermatologist of course.

#8 FilipZ

FilipZ

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

So you think, that peels improve my scars, of course under the supervision of a dematologist? 

and what other type of treatment you recommend on my scars? I already I have had dermabrasion  and chemical peel with fruit acid

#9 senoritastephie

senoritastephie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:golf, running, weightlifting, baking, cooking, reading, psychology, math problems, finance, health, nutrition, crafts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

I've done tca peels (as high as 18%) and have worse scarring than you do, but really didn't notice a change.  I don't suggest doing peels at home at first (I've done peels at doctors' offices for years and observed-high percentage ones).  12.5% probably won't do much.  The peels that will help with that scarring are pretty high concentrations, but I'd suggest having someone trained do it.  It sucks.  I wish I could just fix mine myself, but I'm starting to just not care about my acne scarring as much.

#10 FreshStart2014

FreshStart2014

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

I'm thinking of a 35% peel with an experienced plastic surgeon.  I have mostly shallow scarring.  Are you saying that the TCA peels smoothed out indented scarring for you? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users