No replies to this topic

#1 freemefromacne22

freemefromacne22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hi everyone!

So I've been taking spironolactone since July of 2012 and I had been on 50 mg per day. Initially, it took me 3 weeks for my skin to really notice a difference from spiro and after a couple months, my skin completely cleared up! I'd get the occasional break out but it was very manageable.

Then all hell broke loose in April of 2013. I started developing really bad cystic acne again and I rarely had a clear day. When I didn't have pimples, I had raw scars and vice versa. 

Last week I decided to check my hormones out and increase my dosage. Last Friday, I increased my dosage of spiro from 50 mg to 100mg. My dermo said that sometimes hormonal levels change and the original dosage of spironolactone is not enough. In addition, I found out my testosterone level is 4.6 (the cut off being 4.1). I'm hoping my increased spiro dosage will help reduce this.

SO, my question is, for those of you who were forced to increase your dosage, how long did it take before you saw an improvement? I know when I first started spiro it took about 3 weeks, but I was wondering if this time around it would be slower or faster.

Please let me know! Also if you have had high testosterone levels (I don't have PCOS) how did you deal with it? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users