Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunterHenz

Multivitamin Caused Breakout?

3 posts in this topic

So ive been on the regimen for several months and have seen great improvement. Recently about 2 weeks ago I decided to start taking a regular mens multivitamin, because based on my lack luster diet im pretty sure I need a boost on most vitamins. But I realized I had about 4 new pimples last week. This is the first breakout that was more than one new pimple at a time, since ive started the regimen. Anyways the only thing it could be is the multivitamin because I haven't changed anything else diet wise, and no added stress or anything. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience while taking vitamins.

-Thanks, Hunter.

yeah I have noticed my skin get worst from a vitamin im a girl and bought some vitamins that said where good for your hair and your skin.. made my face react a lot worst .. then I noticed the main ingredient was biotin . I researched it and I noticed a lot of people who used biotin had a worst reaction in acne .. look at the ingredients on the label of our vitamin and see what ingredient could of caused it . so you can avoid it in future vitamins jars you might end up getting..

right now I take supplements that have made my skin so much better

I take

3 saw palmetto

1 alpha lipoic acid

2 acidophilus

the numbers are the amount a pills I take a day. don't take more than that I have notice that's the best amount to take . you never want to over take anything ..

I bought all of them in walgreens so its not like its hard to find .

sometimes I also take black cohosh supplement ..that's because I get hot flashes sometimes but I don't think u need it .. im only 27 don't know why I get them .

my hormones might be off

1 person likes this

Thanks, yeah I did a little research and saw that it could be from the vitamin B supplements in them. Not real sure though, so I stopped taking them and im going to see if the breakouts continue of if it clears up to how it was before hand.