Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minnie27

Just Another Accutane Log

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I'm a new member and almost 20. I've had acne since I was around 14 I'd say and back then it seemed horrendous but actually wasn't so bad. I've tried:

-Doxycyline

-Diane 35

-Microdermabrasion

-Every topical known to man

When I was 17 I went to a dermatologist and did a TWO year course of doxy and I was totally cleared to the point that I actually got Co2 laser done and for about 4-5 months my skin was perfect without make up. Then when I stopped the meds it came back and when I restarted the doxy it didn't work anymore but my skin was nowhere near as bad as it had been. So I thought maybe there was an underlying cause and went to the gyneacologist who gave me diane 35, a birth control pill and a week of a new antibiotic. I did that for a month and it ruineddd my face. THEN I went on accutane, 20mg a day for exactly 20 days and today I started a higher dose. Uptil now, my face is a bit better than what diane did to it but it's still worse than it has ever been before in my entire life. Here's hoping!

I too just started accutane, I'm only a week in though. Experiencing any side effects? I have mild dry skin and lips, and when I put on makeup my face looks horrendous. I'm guessing its because my pores are enlarged.

Dan's cleanser

Tea tree oil

Accutane (Claravis) 30mg

Minnie, I was on Diane 35 before Accutane as well and I HATED it. It made me crazy. Just think positively now, because Accutane pretty much helps everybody!

Also, Kris, I have the same problem with makeup. It just sits on my pores in a very weird way now, so annoying!