Photo

Chromium Picolinate 500Mcg Daily 100% Clear

24 replies to this topic

#21 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Lithium causes hair loss ? , this is new to me , I surely hope you are taking lithium orotate and not the synthetic version ie poison .

Do you think I could add this in with all my other supplements (see signature)? I don't think there would be any contradictions or problems, but I am actually combatting hair loss from Lithium. I had to chop all my long, beautiful hair off sad.png It's just now growing back... Is there only hair loss at higher dosages? Or it's a risk at any dose?

No Lithium Carbonate 300mg capsules/tablets. I'm not on it anymore, but i basically lost 3/4 of my hair because of the drug. I also suffered kidney damage and drug induced diabetes from it... Was greatly helpful to mentally stabilize me, but it wreaked havoc on my body unfortunately.

WOW that's horrible , the side effects you suffered from this drug , I was taking lithium orotate the natural form I had a feeling that the synthetic version was bad but I had no idea ..... the lithium orotate is really quite good haven't taken it in a while but I found no negative sides whatsoever only positve ones. Lithium orotate is good for the mood without the obvious nasty side effects .

Edited by gladiatoro, 02 September 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#22 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

You is Smart. You is Kind. You is important.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Equestrian
    Softball
    Singing
    Reading

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

why were you on lithium? 3/4 of your hair.. thats crazy

Lithium is a mood stabilizer. I have Borderline Personality Disorder, among other issues, so Lithium helped keep my moods stable in order to function normally.

Yeah, it really sucked losing all my hair. It's growing back just as thick as before though, so I'm happy about that!

#23 hjmanley

hjmanley

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

I haven't read everyone's comments but I would like to second your experience with Chromium Picolinate! I started taking it THREE days ago and am seeing unbelievable results! I had previously been taking a Zinc supplement as well as a multi, A, E and Borage Oil for my acne. I saw NO improvement until adding the Chromium. I think that anyone who has high blood glucose related acne should try this method, it's literally incredible!

Thank you for your post!

#24 hjmanley

hjmanley

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

I forgot to mention that my problems with high blood glucose are a result of alcoholism... In case that convinces anyone else to give it a try...

#25 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me
  • Interests:try tto or lavender oil

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hello. I have not been on the forums in a long time. In the past i had a lot of success with a paleo diet and zinc suplements. These are the only things that have worked for me with acne. 4 weeks ago i went to whole foods and bought chromium picolinate, chelated magnesium, and coq10. I bought these because they are good suplements for people with high blood sugar. I think that acne is caused by high glycemic foods and sugar. I started chromium first and i noticed within 4 days that i was getting no acne while following the paleo diet and taking zinc/ chromium. Before i had about 1 pimple a day. I started getting confident in the chromium picolinate suplement so i started upping my sugar intake. I started having starbucks, gatorade, frozen yogurt full of crap like sugar worms, cookies, white bread, cheese its, pita chips, pop corn, white rice, and lots of other foods i could not eat while on my paleo diet with lots of sugar or high glycemic. I also started eating dairy foods again like cheese and sour cream.  I am extremely happy to report that i have not had one pimple on my back in the last 4 weeks and only some small unnoticeable pimples on my my forehead. I eat 1 starbucks a day and a gatorade. That is like at least 70g of sugar. So, I finally posted this and now i have not had acne in the last month since i started taking the chromium suplements. I didn't even open the magnesium or co q 10. so here is what i take everyday:

30 mg zinc
750mcg chromium

Results: 100% clear happily. 

I think it works because it stops my blood sugar from spiking after i eat all that sugar and as a result my insulin does not spike. That's just what i think. All that matters is that it works though and it has worked for the last month. I thought it would stop but it didn't. I hope this helps some of you. 

smile.png

edit: My acne was whiteheads and small underground pimples before. no cysts or nodules. That might be important for some of you who want to try this. 

I want to add in chromium but others have mentioned that they started having hair loss, which I am ALREADY experiencing. Have you noticed if this has caused any similar issues for you?

ive been on it for 3 months and i also had hair loss in the past but it has completely cleared and shows no signs of coming back. 

interesting thread. read something similar to this a while ago (years ago) seemed to work for some people..

so, if you take CP do you need to supplement zinc and magnesium? or supplements that CP may deplete?

i dont know. i think its more preventative, but if you only take 200mcg of chromium a day which i now take and still works then you shouldnt worry as much about depletion 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users