Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me
  • Interests:try tto or lavender oil

Achievements

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Hello. I have not been on the forums in a long time. In the past i had a lot of success with a paleo diet and zinc suplements. These are the only things that have worked for me with acne. 4 weeks ago i went to whole foods and bought chromium picolinate, chelated magnesium, and coq10. I bought these because they are good suplements for people with high blood sugar. I think that acne is caused by high glycemic foods and sugar. I started chromium first and i noticed within 4 days that i was getting no acne while following the paleo diet and taking zinc/ chromium. Before i had about 1 pimple a day. I started getting confident in the chromium picolinate suplement so i started upping my sugar intake. I started having starbucks, gatorade, frozen yogurt full of crap like sugar worms, cookies, white bread, cheese its, pita chips, pop corn, white rice, and lots of other foods i could not eat while on my paleo diet with lots of sugar or high glycemic. I also started eating dairy foods again like cheese and sour cream.  I am extremely happy to report that i have not had one pimple on my back in the last 4 weeks and only some small unnoticeable pimples on my my forehead. I eat 1 starbucks a day and a gatorade. That is like at least 70g of sugar. So, I finally posted this and now i have not had acne in the last month since i started taking the chromium suplements. I didn't even open the magnesium or co q 10. so here is what i take everyday:

30 mg zinc

750mcg chromium

Results: 100% clear happily. 

I think it works because it stops my blood sugar from spiking after i eat all that sugar and as a result my insulin does not spike. That's just what i think. All that matters is that it works though and it has worked for the last month. I thought it would stop but it didn't. I hope this helps some of you. 

:)

edit: My acne was whiteheads and small underground pimples before. no cysts or nodules. That might be important for some of you who want to try this. 

#2 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Jesus no one is gonna try this?

#3 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

I tried chromium for a while, didn't notice a difference. But you're almost making me want to try it again.

#4 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

so are you taking 500 mcg or 750 mcg, any hairloss?

#5 paigems

paigems

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

so are you taking 500 mcg or 750 mcg, any hairloss?

Why would taking chromium cause hair loss?

#6 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

I don't know why but it did for me.

#7 paigems

paigems

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

I don't know why but it did for me.

That's interesting. I'm taking metformin right now for my blood sugar and it also causes hair loss for me. I wonder if the hair loss from chromium and metformin could be related.

#8 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

i've only been using it for 4 weeks but no i have not had any hair loss. that is pretty scary. i said 750mcg because i alternate between 500 and 1000 per day. but from now on i think i will only take 500 mcg since i found websites that corroborated the fact that chromium in excess can cause hair loss because it can cause an defeciency of zinc and iron. I am taking a zinc suplement for the last year of 30mg a day.  I have had hair loss in the past caused by trauma and that has finally cleared up but i did notice that the hair in the front of my crown was feeling a little tender like it did when i had hair loss last time. however, none of my hair is falling out when i run my fingers through it like it did in the past. I am surprised at how well it works. Still I am clear. 

this scares me and i think chromium works even if you only use small amounts of it. i think if i think if i only took 250 mcg so next time i go to the store i will buy 250mcg pills because i do not want hair loss

#9 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

I've been taking 250 for about a year and a half now along with zinc and magnesium helped reduce my severe acne to mild/moderate but caused alot of hairless for me it's depressing. I actually just ran out and not sure if I want to buy another bottle maby I can regulate with cinnamon or some other shit. Might try this cologen powder for the skin,hair,nails. I also noticed I don't have to cut my nails cause they don't grow anymore that can't be right.

#10 paigems

paigems

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Some other things to try for regulating blood sugar are berberine, cinnamon, gymnema sylvestre, bitter melon, alpha lipoic acid, and magnesium. I have been considering trying berberine instead of metformin, but I am afraid that my PCOS will become bad. The hairloss is not something I can deal with forever though. Here's an article on berberine which you guys might find interesting:

http://www.stopacne....e-treatment.htm

and another

http://www.naturalme...n=3&article=387

#11 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

well. im 2 months into it and it still works even if i take only 200mcg a day and so far i have no hair loss. how long did it take for your hair loss to manifest? i have been taking zinc for a year and have no hair loss from it. 

#12 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Tried this for about 4 weeks. No change. I was taking 800mcg chromium picolinate.

But I have all comedones. No inflammatory stuff. The inflammatory stuff I used to have, but I got rid of pretty much all of it via dietary changes.

#13 Lilo

Lilo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

I'll try this, my skin problems are essentially the same as yours. I'm sure I have some somewhere in my cupboard.

#14 nikkimixam

nikkimixam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hello. I have not been on the forums in a long time. In the past i had a lot of success with a paleo diet and zinc suplements. These are the only things that have worked for me with acne. 4 weeks ago i went to whole foods and bought chromium picolinate, chelated magnesium, and coq10. I bought these because they are good suplements for people with high blood sugar. I think that acne is caused by high glycemic foods and sugar. I started chromium first and i noticed within 4 days that i was getting no acne while following the paleo diet and taking zinc/ chromium. Before i had about 1 pimple a day. I started getting confident in the chromium picolinate suplement so i started upping my sugar intake. I started having starbucks, gatorade, frozen yogurt full of crap like sugar worms, cookies, white bread, cheese its, pita chips, pop corn, white rice, and lots of other foods i could not eat while on my paleo diet with lots of sugar or high glycemic. I also started eating dairy foods again like cheese and sour cream.  I am extremely happy to report that i have not had one pimple on my back in the last 4 weeks and only some small unnoticeable pimples on my my forehead. I eat 1 starbucks a day and a gatorade. That is like at least 70g of sugar. So, I finally posted this and now i have not had acne in the last month since i started taking the chromium suplements. I didn't even open the magnesium or co q 10. so here is what i take everyday:

30 mg zinc
750mcg chromium

Results: 100% clear happily. 

I think it works because it stops my blood sugar from spiking after i eat all that sugar and as a result my insulin does not spike. That's just what i think. All that matters is that it works though and it has worked for the last month. I thought it would stop but it didn't. I hope this helps some of you. 

:)

edit: My acne was whiteheads and small underground pimples before. no cysts or nodules. That might be important for some of you who want to try this. 

I want to add in chromium but others have mentioned that they started having hair loss, which I am ALREADY experiencing. Have you noticed if this has caused any similar issues for you?

#15 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

You is Smart. You is Kind. You is important.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Equestrian
    Softball
    Singing
    Reading

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Do you think I could add this in with all my other supplements (see signature)? I don't think there would be any contradictions or problems, but I am actually combatting hair loss from Lithium. I had to chop all my long, beautiful hair off :( It's just now growing back... Is there only hair loss at higher dosages? Or it's a risk at any dose?

#16 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Some other things to try for regulating blood sugar are berberine, cinnamon, gymnema sylvestre, bitter melon, alpha lipoic acid, and magnesium. I have been considering trying berberine instead of metformin, but I am afraid that my PCOS will become bad. The hairloss is not something I can deal with forever though. Here's an article on berberine which you guys might find interesting:

http://www.stopacne....e-treatment.htm

and another

http://www.naturalme...n=3&article=387

other things to do for blood sugar/insulin sensitivity:

Exercise. Sleep. Vitamin d. daylight. Eating right. Avoiding high glycemic load meals, drinks snacks. Taking a fiber supplement before eating refined crap.

And all for reasons far more important than acne.

Also, mega dosing metals is usually a bad thing. http://umm.edu/healt...lement/chromium

Get all the chromium you need from real foods like nuts, seeds, oats, meats or supplement with brewers yeast.

Edited by alternativista, 02 September 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#17 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:?

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

interesting thread. read something similar to this a while ago (years ago) seemed to work for some people..

so, if you take CP do you need to supplement zinc and magnesium? or supplements that CP may deplete?

#18 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Lithium causes hair loss ? , this is new to me , I surely hope you are taking lithium orotate and not the synthetic version ie poison .

Do you think I could add this in with all my other supplements (see signature)? I don't think there would be any contradictions or problems, but I am actually combatting hair loss from Lithium. I had to chop all my long, beautiful hair off sad.png It's just now growing back... Is there only hair loss at higher dosages? Or it's a risk at any dose?

#19 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

You is Smart. You is Kind. You is important.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Equestrian
    Softball
    Singing
    Reading

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

Lithium causes hair loss ? , this is new to me , I surely hope you are taking lithium orotate and not the synthetic version ie poison .

Do you think I could add this in with all my other supplements (see signature)? I don't think there would be any contradictions or problems, but I am actually combatting hair loss from Lithium. I had to chop all my long, beautiful hair off sad.png It's just now growing back... Is there only hair loss at higher dosages? Or it's a risk at any dose?

No Lithium Carbonate 300mg capsules/tablets. I'm not on it anymore, but i basically lost 3/4 of my hair because of the drug. I also suffered kidney damage and drug induced diabetes from it... Was greatly helpful to mentally stabilize me, but it wreaked havoc on my body unfortunately.

#20 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:?

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

why were you on lithium? 3/4 of your hair.. thats crazy

Edited by .JacktheLad., 02 September 2013 - 05:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users