Facial Cleanser For Acne Skin?

10 replies to this topic

#1 SuperYew

SuperYew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hey, I have a good amount of acne on my face along with post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation to. Iam currently on accutane 80mg a day. I currently use this ultra gentle daily cleanser by neutrogena. It claims its developed for sensetive skin but if anything its honestly irritating my skin more. So anyone know of any good facial cleansers out there for acne prone skin?

#2 Sheryn M

Sheryn M

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hi there! I think we have got the same skin type. Acne prone and sensitive skin. There are really some popular brands that can irritate our skin. Unfortunately, there are even some that made my skin itchy because of irritation. Recently, i discovered a great and effective facial cleanser. It is the essential bar from buzzy's essentials. It can target acne and is very gentle for the face. Try it.

#3 SuperYew

SuperYew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Because my face/acne itches and gets all tingly at times, i think its due to the cleanser im using

Also i just ordered that essential bar, how long does it take to get to you usually? And does the essential bar help with acne and does it moisturize aswell?

One more thing I have some post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation marks on my skin, this bar wont affect will it?

Edited by SuperYew, 26 July 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#4 walkinginthelight

walkinginthelight

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

I would highly suggest washing your face with baking soda and hibiscus flower water. Go to a health food store and buy organic/dried hibiscus flower, soak it in distilled water for an hour or more, you'll see that the water will turn a deep purple (full of Vitamin C, google it). Soak your face with water, add a little bit of baking soda in your hands, scrub your face lightly, rinse, than add the hibiscus flower water to your face and let it dry. You'll notice a BIG difference. Try it for a week and let me/us know what you think.

massive love,

Eric

P.S. what I'm sharing with you is an all natural method that has no negative reactions compared to a lot of the stuff we usually buy at stores for our skin, so don't be afraid of it, believe and trust in nature and you'll see results. There IS a natural way to control our breakouts and the final results are life changing. This is an excellent exterior cleanser, but there's some more work that needs to be done inside our temple to see more powerful results. 

Edited by walkinginthelight, 26 July 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#5 SuperYew

SuperYew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Anyone answer my question above?

#6 letseat

letseat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

it really depends i.e. some have itched me but been great for others. the neutrogena one you tried was personally great for me but i did find it a bit too gentle. another one you could try is avene extremely gentle cleanser which is great for taking makeup off or the dermalogica gentle cleanser as well.

i just went to buy a bottle of cetaphil gentle cleanser but it made my skin red - it's a shame because it's been raved about.

#7 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

CeraVe Foaming Cleanser

#8 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

I use the La roche posay purifying foaming cleanser. It balances the PH of your skin is neither oily nor dry.

#9 kevindreed

kevindreed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

Don't use a cleanser. I don't use one and I have clear skin. I just use benzoyl peroxide and cetaphil moisturizer day and night.

#10 hope13x

hope13x

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

I used to use boots simple range facial cleansers and before that I tried all sorts of brands. 

I came across sulphur soap on amazon one day and thought i would give it a try and i now swear by this soap. Wash twice daily with it sometimes I put it on and leave for a few minutes before washing off, it really has helped with my acne/scars I believe and doesn't dry my skin out like other soaps used to. 

#11 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

The Ultra Gentle cleanser did not work for me either.

I like

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

300.JPG

If you want a deeper clean go for

CeraVe Foaming Cleanser

300.jpg

For more of a cream cleanser, I have also used

Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser

BurtsBeesSensitiveCleanser.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users