1 reply to this topic

#1 4meracneguy

4meracneguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

What was the consensus here for excision or punch grafting for ice pick scars? What kind of recovery time till makeup can be used to cover the flattened, healed areas? I have a few that i want to take a chance on. Thanks.

#2 Texasmom

Texasmom

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

i am the mom of a 24 year old son.  At age 16 he broke out with terrible cystic acne all over his face and forehead.  Nothing seemed to help except that his face seemed to look a bit better in the summer.  At age 21 the acne was gone, but his face was ravaged with ice pick and rolling scars.  Nothing seemed to help them either.

This summer, after being out in the sun many weekends for social occaisions, the indents are barely there anymore.  I couldn't believe it. It turns out, old Mr. Sun works better than all the medicinal concoctions, peels and scraping.  I have a theory.  Vitamin D is now being recognized as the hormone involved in so many functions.  All those comments I read years ago here, that people made about their acne being better in the summer, it makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users