27 replies to this topic

#21 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Thought I would put in my two cents. I have sensitive skin and tend to scar easily. Skin needling actually made some of my scarring worse. I received Fraxel repair on stretch marks on a more sensitive area of my body and noticed a difference in skin texture. I've heard that some lasers can cause loss of skin elasticity and accelerated aging, and suspect this may be the case for me. I know the skin in that area is more delicate than the face, but I still would never get Fraxel repair for my face. 

Edited by Starlite, 01 August 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#22 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

I think that's true, Starlite. I have also had several doctors tell me that the skin on women is thinner and more sensitive/harder to heal than the skin on men. My doc almost never recommends the Repair for his women patients. I think it's something to take note of when men vs. women discuss their results with laser.

#23 Expectations

Expectations

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

I had boxcar and rolling, but no icepick.

Dudley what type of scars did you have? Did any ice picks respond to repair? Also, why'd you stop in Nov. 2011?

Hi Dudley, what responded better to the laser? Was it the boxcars or the rolling? Also we're there areas of the face that responded better or worse such as the cheeks or the temples?

Hi Dudley, what responded better to the laser? Was it the boxcars or the rolling? Also were there areas of the face that responded better or worse such as the cheeks or the temples?

#24 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

I had boxcar and rolling, but no icepick.

Dudley what type of scars did you have? Did any ice picks respond to repair? Also, why'd you stop in Nov. 2011?

Hi Dudley, what responded better to the laser? Was it the boxcars or the rolling? Also we're there areas of the face that responded better or worse such as the cheeks or the temples?

Hi Dudley, what responded better to the laser? Was it the boxcars or the rolling? Also were there areas of the face that responded better or worse such as the cheeks or the temples?
Rolling and boxcar responded about equal. The areas supported by bone respond the best.

#25 NUman

NUman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hmm, out of curiosity. Does demarcation lines emerge often after fraxel re:pair? The scars on my cheek are actually very focused in a tight area and feathers off outwards; the skin along my jawline is actually perfectly fine and I do not want to risk toppling the equilibrium there.

My skin has rebounded from many harsh treatments, but I'd rather not abuse perfectly fine skin at this point. Opinions, experiences?

#26 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

NUman, I had demarcation lines after my 2nd Re:pair, but they quickly faded away.

#27 Hiddy Cheeks

Hiddy Cheeks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hmm, out of curiosity. Does demarcation lines emerge often after fraxel re:pair? The scars on my cheek are actually very focused in a tight area and feathers off outwards; the skin along my jawline is actually perfectly fine and I do not want to risk toppling the equilibrium there.

My skin has rebounded from many harsh treatments, but I'd rather not abuse perfectly fine skin at this point. Opinions, experiences?

personally i'd never let a laser anywhere near my healthy un-scarred skin. i see absolutely no need for it. 

#28 NUman

NUman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Updated first post with FourMurasame's gallery. I thought it is an interesting post in itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users