3 replies to this topic

#1 c33c33

c33c33

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm on my second week on the Regimen and my skin is super sensitive right now. A lot of dryness and scaling. I want to get my eyebrows waxed today. Do you guys think it is safe? Has anyone tried waxing their eyebrows and/or upperlip while on the regimen? I'm scared that it will irritate my skin since it is super sensitive right now. Help Please!

#2 XXYY

XXYY

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Benzoyl peroxide doesnt exactly 'thin' your skin like retinoids such as retin-a do, so it should be okay. But the best thing to do is go and see the person who waxes them and ask their advice.

#3 TheFearlessFace

TheFearlessFace

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Ask your esthetician to use hard (stripless) wax. It is much gentler on the skin. Or you can ask her to apply a very thin layer of oil before applying soft (strip) wax. This can prevent the wax from adhering if too much is used, but a very small amount will allow the wax to pick up the hairs while providing a skin barrier to prevent irritation.

#4 c33c33

c33c33

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ask your esthetician to use hard (stripless) wax. It is much gentler on the skin. Or you can ask her to apply a very thin layer of oil before applying soft (strip) wax. This can prevent the wax from adhering if too much is used, but a very small amount will allow the wax to pick up the hairs while providing a skin barrier to prevent irritation.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users