Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lizardanne

Does The Regimen Purge? (End Of Week 3)

6 posts in this topic

Hello! smile.png Just a quick question:

I'm starting Week 4 of The Regimen tomorrow, pretty excited I've made it this far! The only concern I have is that I want to double-check that it's working properly. My skin started out with mostly clogged pores and some small papules that would turn into whiteheads. Now, my skin has about 80% LESS clogged pores, but a LOT of whiteheads (maybe 5-6 on each cheek). It looks like they're pushing out, so I'm not touching them, but they're pretty large and heinous.

I was just wondering if this is a good sign of progress? Is The Regimen purging the rest of my clogged pores? Does it do that? Or are my breakouts getting worse?

Note: I use 2 sections of my pointer finger for the amount of BP currently.

Yes, it sounds about right. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do but wait it out until your skin fully heals. Best of luck.

Totally normal. I had the worst breakouts during my 4th and 5th week. Mine was pretty nasty because I had all this cystic acne come out at once and I was close to the point of quitting at that time. But yeah, don't get discouraged, its normal.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing LotionĀ + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Medication:

• Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo
  • Meftormin 500mg

Supplements:
  • Vitamin D - 2000 I.U/day
  • Zinc - 50mg/day

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. ---

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. ---

This is my two year update on The Regimen and the products I have used ---

Totally normal. I had the worst breakouts during my 4th and 5th week. Mine was pretty nasty because I had all this cystic acne come out at once and I was close to the point of quitting at that time. But yeah, don't get discouraged, its normal.

Thanks. I kind of panicked and just decided to ramp up the BP to the full dosage. I only had a little bit to go anyway. I hope my skin can handle it.

Thanks. I kind of panicked and just decided to ramp up the BP to the full dosage. I only had a little bit to go anyway. I hope my skin can handle it.

Don't freak out too much about it. Even at 6 months I still get a spot or two every now and then. Go slow on the BP because it really can do a number on your skin. I started with the full fingers length twice a day and it didn't go over too well. I was pretty much red faced for the first two months on the regimen.

Morning Routine:
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing LotionĀ + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Medication:

• Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo
  • Meftormin 500mg

Supplements:
  • Vitamin D - 2000 I.U/day
  • Zinc - 50mg/day

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. ---

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. ---

This is my two year update on The Regimen and the products I have used ---

Don't freak out too much about it. Even at 6 months I still get a spot or two every now and then. Go slow on the BP because it really can do a number on your skin. I started with the full fingers length twice a day and it didn't go over too well. I was pretty much red faced for the first two months on the regimen.

Okay, I'll play it by ear and see how my skin reacts. I want it to be adjusted to the full amount of BP by week 5 so I can start to use AHA, but we'll see!