#1 lizardanne

lizardanne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hello!  smile.png  Just a quick question:

I'm starting Week 4 of The Regimen tomorrow, pretty excited I've made it this far!  The only concern I have is that I want to double-check that it's working properly.  My skin started out with mostly clogged pores and some small papules that would turn into whiteheads.  Now, my skin has about 80% LESS clogged pores, but a LOT of whiteheads (maybe 5-6 on each cheek).  It looks like they're pushing out, so I'm not touching them, but they're pretty large and heinous.

I was just wondering if this is a good sign of progress?  Is The Regimen purging the rest of my clogged pores?  Does it do that?  Or are my breakouts getting worse?

Note:  I use 2 sections of my pointer finger for the amount of BP currently.

Edited by lizardanne, 22 July 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#2 TheOneThatGotAway

TheOneThatGotAway

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Working out
    Studying
    Hockey

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Yes, it sounds about right. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do but wait it out until your skin fully heals. Best of luck.

#3 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Totally normal. I had the worst breakouts during my 4th and 5th week. Mine was pretty nasty because I had all this cystic acne come out at once and I was close to the point of quitting at that time. But yeah, don't get discouraged, its normal.

#4 lizardanne

lizardanne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Totally normal. I had the worst breakouts during my 4th and 5th week. Mine was pretty nasty because I had all this cystic acne come out at once and I was close to the point of quitting at that time. But yeah, don't get discouraged, its normal.

Thanks.  I kind of panicked and just decided to ramp up the BP to the full dosage.  I only had a little bit to go anyway.  I hope my skin can handle it.

#5 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Thanks.  I kind of panicked and just decided to ramp up the BP to the full dosage.  I only had a little bit to go anyway.  I hope my skin can handle it.

Don't freak out too much about it. Even at 6 months I still get a spot or two every now and then. Go slow on the BP because it really can do a number on your skin. I started with the full fingers length twice a day and it didn't go over too well. I was pretty much red faced for the first two months on the regimen.

#6 lizardanne

lizardanne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Don't freak out too much about it. Even at 6 months I still get a spot or two every now and then. Go slow on the BP because it really can do a number on your skin. I started with the full fingers length twice a day and it didn't go over too well. I was pretty much red faced for the first two months on the regimen.

Okay, I'll play it by ear and see how my skin reacts.  I want it to be adjusted to the full amount of BP by week 5 so I can start to use AHA, but we'll see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users