Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Can I Prepare Oats Without Cooking?

11 posts in this topic

can i have oats uncooked?

just by soaking them overnight or more?

I've only ever had oats mixed with water or milk (which I don't have anymore) and then put it in the microwave for a few minutes. I'm sure your method would work, but I'd imagine them to be pretty dried up when you went to eat them the next day.

dried up?

i was expecting a swelled up thing next day.lol!!

not sure!

If they are rolled oats, you can eat them as they are. The process of rolling them flat uses heat and essentially cooks them. I've made power bars with rolled oats before that required no further cooking.

If they are rolled oats, you can eat them as they are. The process of rolling them flat uses heat and essentially cooks them. I've made power bars with rolled oats before that required no further cooking.

dried up?

not sure!

1 person likes this

dried up?

not sure!

They won't be dried up. Traditional muesli is rolled oats soaked over night in yogurt topped with fruit and nuts.

dried up?

not sure!

They won't be dried up. Traditional muesli is rolled oats soaked over night in yogurt topped with fruit and nuts.

Maybe I've got the wrong kind of oats in mind? If I made the oats that I eat and left them over night, they would have absorbed all of the water and wouldn't be very appetising.

I'm talking porridged oats (oatmeal) that are meant to be moist.

Maybe I've got the wrong kind of oats in mind? If I made the oats that I eat and left them over night, they would have absorbed all of the water and wouldn't be very appetising.

yes, so are we. The oats would absorb the water, therefore would no longer be dry.