retin a micro shaving irritation nicki minaj

1 reply to this topic

#1 Jycez

Jycez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

I recently started Retin A Micro (3 weeks now). I use it every night and have not really had any major problems (the usual redness, flaking and initial breakout) - except for when it comes time to shave my face. Every single shave results in angry, irritated, stinging, red, raw skin in the areas that are dry/flaky (mouth/chin). Does anyone have any solutions for this problem? I've tried changing to a different razor (single blade instead of 4-5), using more shave cream, using shave oil, exfoliating skin, taking a shower before shave, and much more. I also never shave against the grain, shave every other day and usually only do 1 pass. I'm quite desperate for a fix to this problem.

Edited by Jycez, 22 July 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#2 bholber

bholber

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Basketball, skin care, my dog Baxter, and kind people.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hey Jycez,

Sounds like a harsh problem. If it were me I'd try two things and see how they fare. I'd either (a) cut down on the Retin-A to every other day or every 2 of three days, and (b) I'd start lathering up with moisturizer every time I applied to Retin-A. One thing some of our doctors tell their patients to do is to pre-mix the Retin-A with moisturizer in your hand before you apply it. This allows the moisturizer to insulate your skin from irritation, right when you put it on.

By slightly lessening the tretinoin and apply moisturizer you should be able to have a little better of a shave. *Moderator edit, URL removed - please read the board rules*

Hope things turn out well. Let me know if the moisturizer improves your raw, red, stingy, etc. skin. And if you find something else that works, let me know too (would love to learn from you).

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users