Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marsbars06

Aha As A Bp Replacement After Fully Clear From Regimen

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I have been on the Regimen for a few months now. It has been a success and I am now clear, only getting a stray pimple every now and then. I also started using AHA as a night moisturiser every night over a month ago. I want to sort of phase out the regimen. The BP is costing me too much to sustain it and it is bleaching my hair. But I am loving the AHA as it's giving my skin a nice look and reducing my acne marks. Has anyone had success in removing BP from the regimen and just using AHA? Let me know your thoughts about this.

Thanks! ;)

I tried this myself when I read about some people who have been successful with using just AHA alone to keep them clear, but for me it was a disaster.

I think I started breaking out again within 3 weeks, but I persisted thinking "got to keep going and give the change a chance to work". I gave it 8 weeks by which stage my face was full of blocked pores and underskin bumps again, and I was breaking out with about 5 new pimples a week.

I went back to using BP, but pretty much had to start all over again, building up my BP usage while my skin readjusted. I felt like I was worse the second time round, and it took me a good 14 weeks to become clear again. (first time round it was around the 9 week mark).

So in summary, it didn't work at all for me, but it definitely has for others. Again, its a personal trial and see situation.saywhat.gif

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

I tried this myself when I read about some people who have been successful with using just AHA alone to keep them clear, but for me it was a disaster.

I think I started breaking out again within 3 weeks, but I persisted thinking "got to keep going and give the change a chance to work". I gave it 8 weeks by which stage my face was full of blocked pores and underskin bumps again, and I was breaking out with about 5 new pimples a week.

I went back to using BP, but pretty much had to start all over again, building up my BP usage while my skin readjusted. I felt like I was worse the second time round, and it took me a good 14 weeks to become clear again. (first time round it was around the 9 week mark).

So in summary, it didn't work at all for me, but it definitely has for others. Again, its a personal trial and see situation.O_O

Wow thanks for your quick reply!

Ehh. That's disappointing! That's a shame for you. Do you by any chance have the link to some of the success stories you saw? Just to get another opinion.

Thanks again!

I'm afraid I can't remember the subject thread now, or even the couple of members who I know had success. I only just about manage to remember my own name sometimes grinwink.gif

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

I'm afraid I can't remember the subject thread now, or even the couple of members who I know had success. I only just about manage to remember my own name sometimes ;D

Hahaha okay that's alright. I'll have a search. Thanks anyway!