Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diet Plans

30 posts in this topic

one thing that i dint know earlier in school is it can make u blind.

it increases chances of atrophy of macula and reduces blood supply.

it can damage retina to cut it short.

i think u know about gum diseases(my cousin's husband is actually a living proof!),hypertension , COPD and diabetes.wrinkles and spots.

something that should get u thinking is erectile dysfunction.lol!

quitting smoking will actually help ur over all senses like taste.

dont u want to enjoy ur smoothies?grinwink.gif

1 person likes this

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

one thing that i dint know earlier in school is it can make u blind.

it increases chances of atrophy of macula and reduces blood supply.

it can damage retina to cut it short.

i think u know about gum diseases(my cousin's husband is actually a living proof!),hypertension , COPD and diabetes.wrinkles and spots.

something that should get u thinking is erectile dysfunction.lol!

quitting smoking will actually help ur over all senses like taste.

dont u want to enjoy ur smoothies?grinwink.gif

let me know if u need motivational(read rolling eyes) any time!

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

as a doctor in training,i should say have accutane,antibiotics, and diet has nothing to do with acne!

grinwink.gif

Haha, so true!

Should I mix accutane and antibiotics in with my juice then? rolleyes.gif

>Agree. I use plain old blender too. In fact, it's very old. A vintage Beehive blender probably built in the 50s or 60s. You can use a mason jar instead of the big blender jar and then drink out of that jar. And mason jars are trendy these

days.

Would a blender completely juice it? Like, no bits or anything. If so, I'll definitely get one of those since they're a lot cheaper. Actually, I'm pretty sure I was bought a blender one Christmas and someone has borrowed it and didn't returned it! I'll hunt them down today.

My mum just bought a full set of mason jars with handles because of them being apparently 'trendy' right now. tongue.png

Fish oil is my favorite supplement because it improves my skin AND it improves my mood!

Motto: Love Life in spite of everything!

We are all capable of more than we give ourselves credit for. We are all capable of more than what we are doing now.

as a doctor in training,i should say have accutane,antibiotics, and diet has nothing to do with acne!

;D

Haha, so true!

Should I mix accutane and antibiotics in with my juice then? :rolleyes:

>

>Agree. I use plain old blender too. In fact, it's very old. A vintage Beehive blender probably built in the 50s or 60s. You can use a mason jar instead of the big blender jar and then drink out of that jar. And mason jars are trendy these days.

>
Would a blender completely juice it? Like, no bits or anything. If so, I'll definitely get one of those since they're a lot cheaper. Actually, I'm pretty sure I was bought a blender one Christmas and someone has borrowed it and didn't returned it! I'll hunt them down today.

My mum just bought a full set of mason jars with handles because of them being apparently 'trendy' right now. :P

Using a blender would give your drink more texture than a juicer, that's the fiber. It would not be chunky, unless that's what you like. Most blenders do a nice job of making a really smooth concoction--a puree,I suppose. You do have to add some liquid to your fruits, veggies, etc. Liquid could be water, milk, milk alternative, juice. The idea behind blending and juicing are to break down the plant cell walls and make the nutrients locked inside easier to get to. This process is typically accomplished by chewing, however I don't know anyone who chews their food long enough to release as many nutrients as a machine. Processing your food first breaks it down partially so your stomach and small intestines have an easier job of digestion and absorption, maximizing your nutrition. Personally, I can't get by without the fiber because of my ibs. Plus I really like the thicker texture. When I use my smoothy as a meal, it is more filling and satisfying than just juice.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!