tca icepick scars

4 replies to this topic

#1 Redsearch

Redsearch

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

I had 2 TCA cross treatments with a dermatologist and between the cost and getting out to his office (which required me to rent a car) and cost of the treatment, I decided to do a cross treatment myself.

I had trouble ordering a pre-made 100%tca solution, and I was also learly of ordering it online in case the quality wasnt reliable. So I made my own. I ordered pure ACS Reagent TCA crystals (this is very important...since the purity and high grade of the crystals is essential), bought a sensitive small weigh scale at the science store (which can weigh fractions of a gram), and dissolved 9.41grams of the crystals in 10ml of pure steam distilled water.

This gave me some wiggle room for a solution between 90-100% pure tca.

I store the crystals in their jar inside a freezer bag in the freezer. I have enough to treat myself and probably 100 other people for years! All of this (including the scale, small beaker, dark glass storage container for the mixed solution, and glass stir stick) for much less than the price of a single visit to the dermatologist!

I did my first treatment on myself 3 days ago, using a wooden toothpick. I sharpened the tip a little and it was the perfect size. I'm a little nervous that I used too much of the solution in a couple of small spots (since being more conservative is better than not when applying TCA), but overall things look good so far. I am keeping all treated areas coated in Vaseline for a full week, possibly even 9 days depending on how things look in a few days.

Unfortunately I did not take before photos. The icepick scars are mostly on and beside my nose. They have always really bothered me, so I am very anxious to see the results. But the full results won't be fully realized for another 4 months.

#2 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Very impressed. I certainly wouldn't trust myself doing something like this, but it seems like you know what you're doing! 

:)

#3 Redsearch

Redsearch

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Yeah, I certainly can't say I recommend this to everyone! I have a science background, so I'm not a stranger to beakers and chemicals.

I'm also very very detailed and picky in how I did the treatment. So far I like how I did my own treatment better than how the Dr did my last treatment. shifty.gif

#4 Redsearch

Redsearch

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Today is day 5 since doing TCA CROSS on myself. All is looking well and perfectly in keeping with what happened when I did this proceedure with the dermatologist.

I'm especially happy with how the scarred pores I treated are looking so far.

My face has broken out a little due to not washing my face (I have VERY oily skin). I'm keeping all treated areas covered in Vasaline and don't want to risk disturbing any of the scabs. This is what my Dr instructed me to do when I had the proceedure done with him, so I am following the same rules with my at-home treatment.

I cannot wait to wash my face!

#5 Redsearch

Redsearch

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

It's now been just over 2 weeks since I did the tca cross on myself. Many of the scars looked worse initially. But to my utter amazement 4 scars on the tip of my nose have almost vanished. I didn't expect this to happen for months. I must say I am really pleased with the results. I did leave the Vaseline on for 9 days.

I will need another treatment or two, but the ones on the tip of my nose that bothered me so much are now almost gone, already. I'm thrilled about that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users