#1 sorbet

sorbet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:photography, reading, running, art, music, cooking

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

I guess this is a rant as well as a question. I have mild/moderate acne. When I start to feel new spots coming up/wake up in the morning with new ones, I get really depressed and stressed. Even if it's just a couple, I don't want to leave the house, and I start to get obsessive and check my skin every hour. I freak out because I don't like popping my pimples, but who on earth wants to have to look at whiteheads, even when they're covered with makeup? So I pop them and it becomes a viscous cycle of inflamed skin and breaking out more.

I cancel plans with people I'm close to. If I really have to go out, like to uni, I keep my head down and avoid interacting with other people. If someone catches my eye I freak out and all I can think about it how they've seen how bad my skin is and will be disgusted.

The worst thing is, I have a boyfriend now, and the thought of him seeing me with even one spot sends me into a massive depression and makes my anxiety spiral out of control. I freak out that he'll look at me and feel disgusted, and he won't want to come near me let alone kiss me etc. 

How do people manage to go out/interact with people with spots on their face? 

Stopping the birth control pill & going natural log:

http://www.acne.org/...ntrol-pill-log/

#2 Trudi

Trudi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

hiya, i used to have this problem aswell, id have to wear soo much makeup and id come to the point i couldnt count the amount of spots on my face and i'd refuse to leave the house and just look at how ugly i was, and think people would be so disgusted by me, but eventually i realised i ha to come to terms with it and i started going out with my friends more and i would make jokes about my spots to my close friends like "ugh i have so many spots i look like a pizza," and "how do you even still talk to me, if it were me id be scared my spots would jump off my face and kill you" and if your jokey about it and they just start to not even look at my spots anymore because its out in the open, they start to see the real beauty without the spots, because we all know its there and we can all openly talk about it, we no longer feel the need to look at them and we see past the acne, just thought id tell you this, i hope you get over this talk to me whenever xo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users