Hello acne log! I hope this is the beginning of a happier time in my life. For me, acne = anxiety, depression and very low self-confidence, so I've decided to start this log to keep me on the right track to getting my skin clear.
Quick background about my skin; I'm currently 21 and when I was a teenager my skin wasn't too bad until I was around 16-17, when I went on antibiotics, which did nothing for my skin. Even then I guess my acne was only mild.
At 17 I went on the pill and my skin was 100% clear, but I went a little crazy so I came off them. So from around 18 onwards I've been battling with my skin. I went on Estelle-35 which is a generic version of Diane-35 (I think) and my skin was awful, the worst it'd ever been. I broke out all over my chin, forehead and cheeks, whereas I'd usually only get pimples on my chin. I'd say while I was on Estelle-35 I had moderate acne. I finally came off it because after six months because I wasn't seeing any improvement.
I switched straight away from Estelle-35 to Yaz, which I had success with as a teenager. I've been on Yaz for six months, and for the first few months my skin really improved. However, in my fifth month I started to break out, and it hasn't stopped since.
I also changed makeup and my skincare routine at this time so I think that contributed to my skin getting worse too, and I've now switched to more natural products.
In the past I have generally eaten well, though I do have a weakness for sweet things, especially chocolate and cake! Since I started breaking out I have been pretty strict with myself and I would say I now eat healthily 90% of the time. I also drink around 3 litres of water per day and run a couple of times per week.
I'm hoping that in continuing with Yaz and my healthier lifestyle that my skin will finally clear up!
1. NO PICKING/SQUEEZING!! I think this is one of my biggest problems, as I seem to only get spots recurring in the areas I pick at. I really don't like going out with a load of whiteheads on my face, especially when I'm supposed to be seeing my boyfriend, but I know my skin breaks out 5x worse and gets so inflamed and leaves dark PIH when I do. This is going to be the hardest thing for me, but I know I need to stick to it.
2. Stop obsessing over the condition of my skin - the world isn't going to end if I go out with a couple of spots on my face!!!
3. Only eat sweet things 2-3 times per week (I'm excluding the dark chocolate squares I eat a couple of times a week from this haha).
4. Only eat dairy 2-4 times per week.
5. Exercise for 30 minutes 4-5 times per week
morning; Yaz, 500mg spirulina, 1000iu vitamin d
morning & night;
Mirenesse Power Clear D-Blemish Cleansing Gel, Mirenesse Power Clear D-Blemish Hydration Serum
, BP 2.5% as a spot treatment, Botani Boost Balancing Moisturiser
night; 500mg spirulina, 25mg zinc
Edited by sorbet, 18 July 2013 - 06:19 PM.