Don't wanna bother you all with a long story of my life & stuff. I'll try to be as brief as possible.
I'm 32 yo male. Have oily skin and never had acne all my life.
3 years ago started having red inflamed pimples with pus filled heads only in mouth region. Recent photos attached.
- 1st dermatologist (1 year ago) gave me Doxycycline for 3 months(he said I have an inflammation. period). Pimples disappeared for 3 months only to reappear.
- 2nd (different) dermatologist (5 months ago) gave me itraconazole for 15 days( Said I have a fungus & inflammation). Pimples disappeared for a couple of months only to reappear.
- 3rd (family doctor) General practitioner (this week) gave me minocycline for 4-5 months & bactroban (Said it's staph). Believe it or not, practically everything disappeared in a few hours. Just have infrequent very small zit and some minor not yet fully healed scars.
I'm no expert so I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable in here can help me out.
1) Since my acne/pimples ALWAYS react to antibiotics, then I can presume it's definitely bacteria related, correct?
2) If it is bacteria or more precisely staph, are minocycline the correct antibiotics? Don't want to take 4-5 months antibiotics if I'm not using the correct one.
3) Linked to the 2nd question, considering my rather mild problem (Normally range is from 0 to max. 4/5 a day), should I take a different approach to the problem?
4) I've read staph can easily become resistant to antibiotics. Do I risk this if I take this (IMO long) antibiotic course?
5) What do you think is the best approach to eradicate problem?
I know many people have bigger worries than mine, but I'm extremely susceptible to how I look. Even if I have 1 or 2 pimples, I just want to hide from everyone. Apart from this though, I simply do not wish to do something which might end up aggravating things in the future.
Wish to hear your opinions & suggestions!! Thanks in advance.