Photo

Clear My Skin's Regimen Log

regimen clear my skin pictures acne cetaphil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Day 7

A week on the regimen! This has lifted me, as in 3 weeks I'll be able to fully prevent my acne! There's not really much to tell you guys, except I have a cyst on the back of my neck and a cyst on the right side of my forehead. Other than that, my skin condition is the same, my face is not very dry and the redness has subsided. Woo, tomorrow I'll apply twice a day and increase the amount. :)

#22 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

I agree with wombat on the acne type. 

With the cetaphil cleanser - does it foam up at all? I've used it in the past and don't remember it foaming but I've been thinking about going back to it because the cleanser I have foams and I'm wondering if it's drying my skin more...

Up to you of course, but I just thought I'd give my opinion on that moisturiser. It might seem ok now, but as you start increasing BP your skin is most likely going to get drier and having SA in the moisturiser might be too much. It's also adding in something the regimen doesn't 'prescribe' so if you end up getting to the end of 3 or 4 months of the regimen and haven't seen results, how will you know if the regimen hasn't worked when you haven't followed it? Sorry to sound all 'teacher-ish' but I'm just repeating the advice / things recommended by Dan for regimen users until they clear (then you're free to experiment with it). If you're liking the moisturiser and you're not having any problems then I guess it's fine to keep using :) 

Congrats on making it through your first week! Keep at it and hopefully you'll have great results in a few months time, if not sooner :)

#23 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

I agree with wombat on the acne type. 

With the cetaphil cleanser - does it foam up at all? I've used it in the past and don't remember it foaming but I've been thinking about going back to it because the cleanser I have foams and I'm wondering if it's drying my skin more...

Up to you of course, but I just thought I'd give my opinion on that moisturiser. It might seem ok now, but as you start increasing BP your skin is most likely going to get drier and having SA in the moisturiser might be too much. It's also adding in something the regimen doesn't 'prescribe' so if you end up getting to the end of 3 or 4 months of the regimen and haven't seen results, how will you know if the regimen hasn't worked when you haven't followed it? Sorry to sound all 'teacher-ish' but I'm just repeating the advice / things recommended by Dan for regimen users until they clear (then you're free to experiment with it). If you're liking the moisturiser and you're not having any problems then I guess it's fine to keep using smile.png 

Congrats on making it through your first week! Keep at it and hopefully you'll have great results in a few months time, if not sooner smile.png

Thank you. I don't really notice any added dryness to be honest but you are right I should be following it precisely. The cetaphil isnt foamy, it is like washing up liquid, and it forms a really nice lather which is sosososo gentle.

Day 8

Where do I start? I am not attention seeking,I just need a place to let all of my emotions out. My face is disgusting, and so is every other feature on it. My eyebrows are bushy straight slugs which look vile and it loos like I have chicken pox. My nose is riddled with blackheads and my hairline is that of a 50 year olds (receeding). My face is the same as yesterday however I just can't feel optimistic anymore, I am ugly. Not only this, but my friends are going through a bitchy phase and I feel like I have no one to talk to. I feel so alone. I am thinking of stopping the regimen... But I wonder what will I do next? Live a life with acne? live a life with no confidence? I don't even see the point of me getting through the day... People stare and I know they think I'm disgusting and I'll always be stupid. Life is horrible when you are full of imperfections... I honestly feel so insecure about myself. I want a new face... A new brain... A new life.

I hate me.

Edited by Clear My Skin, 22 July 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#24 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Day 9

I need to apologies for my log update last night. I was feeling so emotional and I was picking out all of my insecurities which ultimately made me feel worse; I never weighed the positives. For a moment (or day) acne had defeated me. Well I'm fighting back now, sticking to the regimen more than ever! I think I applied way to much BP, but I moisturized well to compensate. My face is currently stinging a bit but I don't really mind it and also it is dry, very dry around the mouth area. I really don't want to wake up to flake city, so I'll be adding some more moisturiser before I go to bed tonight. 

#25 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Day 9

Sorry, I forgot to update the log yesterday. So I'll do it now. People complained about dryness, and I was actually avoiding the dryness effect until yesterday, after cleansing my face went dry. Not very dry though, all I had to do was moisturize and everything was okay again, I also feel I've cleared up a little on my cheeks, but I am no where near the 1 month mark so I don't wanna get my hopes up. The dryness is only just beginning. :(

#26 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Day 9

Sorry, I forgot to update the log yesterday. So I'll do it now. People complained about dryness, and I was actually avoiding the dryness effect until yesterday, after cleansing my face went dry. Not very dry though, all I had to do was moisturize and everything was okay again, I also feel I've cleared up a little on my cheeks, but I am no where near the 1 month mark so I don't wanna get my hopes up. The dryness is only just beginning. sad.png

Yeah, the dryness only started getting bad for me in week 2. And I was using 2 pumps day / night. Right now I've cut back to once-a-day application because I kinda burned my skin by going too fast, and the dryness has gone away for the most part.

Also that's day 10 for you I believe, not day 9!

#27 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

Day 9

Sorry, I forgot to update the log yesterday. So I'll do it now. People complained about dryness, and I was actually avoiding the dryness effect until yesterday, after cleansing my face went dry. Not very dry though, all I had to do was moisturize and everything was okay again, I also feel I've cleared up a little on my cheeks, but I am no where near the 1 month mark so I don't wanna get my hopes up. The dryness is only just beginning. :(

Yeah, the dryness only started getting bad for me in week 2. And I was using 2 pumps day / night. Right now I've cut back to once-a-day application because I kinda burned my skin by going too fast, and the dryness has gone away for the most part.

Also that's day 10 for you I believe, not day 9!

Nope, I am just a day behind updating it, so I'll do day 10 (which was yesterday) now. And later I'll do day 11, which is today. :)

Day 10

Oh my god! My face was so dry after cleansing, and once I applied the BP my face actually felt like a statue! The cyst I could feel coming up above my eyebrow has gone! I wonder if the BP prevented it, but I am so glad about it! Anyway, I feel like I've cleared up a bit like I said previously, but my acne is still moderate. There's nothing much else to report, but I think I'll be uploading some new pictures soon. :)

Wait, I am so confused on my log!

#28 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

Hey :) How's it all going for you now?

Hope you're seeing improvements with your skin :)