vitamin breakout acne teenage

6 replies to this topic

#1 BenJohnson32

BenJohnson32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Ivebeen taking vitamin A, D, E, for about 2 weeks now. I included zinc about a week ago. I originally started with a low dosage of vitamin A, however, I increased the dosage to about 200,000iu (retinyl  palimate). My softgels are in 10,000iu but I see some that are 2,000iu? My acne began clearing when I had only vitamin A and D. However, since increasing the dosage my face has broken out. It might be because of the 100mg zinc temporarily included, but I'm really not sure. What gives? My face was doing fine and clearing up nicely until this. It could also be due to my football helmet. Should I decrease vitamin A dosage to 5,000iu-10,000iu? Is this just an initial breakout? Too confused right now

#2 overfl00d

overfl00d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

You increased to 200,000 IU or did you mean 20,000 IU?

20,000 IU vitamin A is a good dose to be at. 100 mg zinc is a little too much I would say; 50 mg (zinc picolinate) is what I recommend.

Make sure you're getting a full spectrum of your other vitamins/minerals. Also watch what foods you eat that could be causing inflammation. Try cutting out common allergens like grains. Try going a paleo diet which means more veggies and protein; zero pasto, breads, cereals, etc.

Make sure you're taking good probiotics too. 80 billion units a day with several strains. You'll also want your EFA's, flaxseed oil, 9-12 soft capsules.

Edited by overfl00d, 13 July 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#3 Zefferson

Zefferson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

20000IU vitamin A is not a good dose to be at. It is a very dangerous dose and a hefty toxic blow to your liver and you do not need to have it that high for the same good results.
Half that is just fine! In addition to that, have vitamin D3 which will help with the absorption of the 10000IU of Vitamin A.
50mg zinc is fine, taken 25mg morning and night.

Please don't wreck your liver. Give your internals priority health over your externals and your externals will begin to show it.
:)

The rest of your post overfl00d is brilliant! Good advice! :)
The health of your blood is displayed and on show for everyone by your face.
Don't make half deals with 'Accutane' to thin out the dirty blood, because once the course is finished, acne will come racing back! Don't spend money and time treating it topically either.
Realize that it comes from the stuff flowing under your skin and how healthy it really is!
Get to the core of the problem, cleanse your blood and say goodbye to acne!

#4 BenJohnson32

BenJohnson32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

I was taking 200,000iu (yes you heard it right) but I'll definitely lower it to 20,000iu or 10,000iu. I agree with the less zinc because 100mg seems to do worse than better. New vitamin routine:

Morning: 10,000iu Vitamin A

4,000 iu Vitamin D

400iu Vitamin E

25mg of Zinc

Lunch/Dinner: 10,000 Vitamin A

4,000-6,000iu Vitamin D

400iu Vitamin E

25mg of Zinc

Also in the morning I'll drink some chamille or green tea along with warm water and lemon. I basically have acne only on my cheeks and a little on my chin due to football practice. I'll take 20,000iu of vitamin A temporarily to see how that goes. My acne was clearing until football practice, which will begin everyday once the school year begins.

I'll be heading to the store to get some fishoil supps along with some of that flaxseed oil if I can get it. overfl00d, what probiotics do you recommend?

Any more recommendations anyone? :)

#5 Zefferson

Zefferson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

Yeah, look for a cod liver oil, for your omegas 3,6,9 and if you get stressed easily, a vitamin b complex.
I would really recommend halving your daily dose of vitamin A to just 10000 IU in addition to the Vitamin A found in the Cod liver Oil.
I think after that, you are doing pretty well on your supplements.
Start curbing your diet to food high in these vitamins such as veggies so that you aren't always relying on all these vitamins to keep your acne under control.
Supplements are quite pricy these days!
The health of your blood is displayed and on show for everyone by your face.
Don't make half deals with 'Accutane' to thin out the dirty blood, because once the course is finished, acne will come racing back! Don't spend money and time treating it topically either.
Realize that it comes from the stuff flowing under your skin and how healthy it really is!
Get to the core of the problem, cleanse your blood and say goodbye to acne!

#6 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Don't overdo it with the supplements, start with a few to see how you react. Give it at least 1 month, don't expect immediate results. And watch out for capsule fillers like gelatin, corn, gluten, etc, as those can cause breakouts.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#7 Melloman

Melloman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

I am really impatient.  I tried Vitamin D3 for 4 days before quitting because of the breakout it was causing.

I know it can take 2 weeks to 2 months for it to work, but No patients right now.  Maybe if I'm not doing anything important this summer, I'll try it out again.

In the mean time, any other natural alternatives out there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users