Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rashes On Arms

6 posts in this topic

Hi i'm just starting my third month of accutane, and have been on 60mg per day. I have recently begun to get big rashes on all parts of my arms including the bicep, tricep, forearm, and hand areas. The are itchy and really dry, and I was wondering if there is anything I can put on them to make them go away. I put moisturizer on, which helps with the itch, but it doesn't make it go away. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have the same thing. If the itch gets really bad I use some hydrocortisone cream but mostly I just moisturize with Vanicream and try not to scratch, otherwise I get a ton of little marks that take forever to heal:(

Morning:Cerave foaming face wash in shower. Moisturize with Cerave/ derm cream samples. Pur Minerals foundation, original formula.

Night: Cerave face wash and Clarisonic every 3 days or so for exfoliation.

Internally: 40mg of Accutane started 3/16/13! 80mg started 4/15...DONE 8/19/13! OTC bcp blaahhh:/ Try to eat as healthy as I can and balance stress levels.

Please let it stay!

Hydrocortisone will do the trick.

Regimen:

AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone

PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+

Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

Yup, hydrocortisone. I had that for about 2-3 weeks early on during my course.

If hydrocortisone cream from the pharmacy doesn't work then you can ask your derm for a stronger prescription strength steroid cream, which should do the trick.

^ What they said. Ask the pharmacist, tell them your on accutane and they will find you a good one and tell you how to use it.

I have it too. Mostly because even my laundry detergent etc is irritating my skin.