Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boskabouter

Yasmin Cleared Me Right Up

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

just wanted to tell you about my story. After having been on Yasmin for about 9 years, I stopped about a year ago. Three months ago, I started getting really bad acne, that got worse every week. I got this on my face, but also down my neck, chest and back.

My dermatologist immediately told me it was hormonal, and gave me antibiotics (minocyclin) and a prescription to start Yasmin again, after the acne cleared up. A month later the antibiotics had hardly helpen, so I got prescribed differin 0.1% cream and another type of antibiotics. I also started Yasmin again at the same time. I only took my new antibiotics for about a week. I didn't feel like pumping my body full of that stuff, especially since my derm said that Yasmin would be the final cure.

Well, I just finished my first month of acne. ALL my painfull, infected, cystic acne is completely GONE! I literally have 1 pimple, that's it. The red marks are slowly but surely fading (sunscreen is my holy grail). Also, I have lost the weight that I had inexplicably gained (Yasmin contains a mild diuretic).

Love love love this stuff!

Now I'm just worried about what will happen when I want to start having children :-/

BTW, I'm 27

does yasmin reduce oily skin?

Current Routine

Morning

Spironolactone (started 1/06/2014)

Evening

Isotrex 0.05mg gel (started 1/06/2014)

Other things that help: Sugar-free diet, a teaspoon of oily fish oil with added vitamin A + D3 every other day and a daily vitamin supplement.

Exercise: 30-45 minute brisk walk 4 times a week.

Oh my god! That sounds like something I Could have written. I was also on Yasmin for like 7-9 years. Always flawless... Got off to get pregnant and BAM, cysts, papules/pustules. Honestly when you're ready to think about having a baby, get off a year in advance. My son is almost 6 now and I suffered from the time I conceived him until he was about 2. I've dealt with on and off breakouts since but very manageable. Still a pain in the ass but better than a face full. I've been off the pill since 2007. Never got back on for fear of the same reaction with the next pregnancy. I'm currently 6 months pregnant. Started to flare up a bit 2-3 weeks ago but it's ok now. I just have to really watch my sugar/carb intake since that's what aggravates my acne! Booooo... But whatever. I'll do what it takes to stay clear.

Glad your acne went away... And I hope it never ever comes back once you decide to come off! Best wishes

does yasmin reduce oily skin?

Yes! Although I have to say I don't have very oily skin to begin with, I have noticed a difference!

Oh my god! That sounds like something I Could have written. I was also on Yasmin for like 7-9 years. Always flawless... Got off to get pregnant and BAM, cysts, papules/pustules. Honestly when you're ready to think about having a baby, get off a year in advance. My son is almost 6 now and I suffered from the time I conceived him until he was about 2. I've dealt with on and off breakouts since but very manageable. Still a pain in the ass but better than a face full. I've been off the pill since 2007. Never got back on for fear of the same reaction with the next pregnancy. I'm currently 6 months pregnant. Started to flare up a bit 2-3 weeks ago but it's ok now. I just have to really watch my sugar/carb intake since that's what aggravates my acne! Booooo... But whatever. I'll do what it takes to stay clear.

Glad your acne went away... And I hope it never ever comes back once you decide to come off! Best wishes

Oh my... that doesn't sound good :-( And would mean that I would have come off it again about now (I'm 27 now... would like my first child before I'm 30 if possible!).

Gosh... I really hope I don't get the same reaction again, but it seems inevitable, even to my derm. How long after you got off the pill did you start getting he cycts and papules/pustules? And how long after they went away on their own? I started getting them after about 7 months off Yasmin and even after about two months, it only got worse :(

I was thinking of going of it to get a baby, suffer the consequences, and after giving birth going back on it until I'm ready for the next one ^^

Hi! Yea I got of in January and was fine until I got pregnant in march. It started very slowly, with blackheads and clogged pores. Then in to my 14-15th week bye bye "decent" pregnancy skin. It exploded with papules and pustules at that point. Was the worst during 6-7.5 months and calmed down but never went away until I delivered. Even after delivery I dealt with it until he was 2. But yes, unfortunately there are things that aren't so pretty that happen to us during pregnancy :-( but in the end you have that beautiful life you carried for 9 months in your arms... You can always get on Yasmin after delivery IF it even happens to you. Doesn't happen to everyone. I was one of the unlucky ones I guess. And yes, it helps with oily skin tremendously! I'm always an oil slick since being off the pill. I might get back on when I deliver but I don't know if I'm done having kids. I said I was but I feel unsure lol...

Good luck in whatever you decide

1 person likes this