so here's my first post,
Hi, i'm 18 and I have moderate acne and oily skin. It's improved much since last year, which i'd say when it was really severe..cysts and all, which i use to conceal, though i stopped because i'd overdo it to the point where i'd irritate my skin and clog the pores. A dramatic difference, but now i'm dealing with the aftermath it seems. I'm left with scarring, red marks, blotchy skin, and of course more acne that doesn't wanna go away. (whiteheads, blackheads, occasional bump.)
Here is what I've been using to try & keep it at bay:
- Cleanser: Manuka Honey (airbourne brand), but started using Clinique Wash Away Gel for Oily Skin...not sure how this one will play out
- Moisturizer: I was using the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, but switched to Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel
- Topical Every Other Night: Tretinoin Cream .025, stopped using it for awhile but started again, i think i'm on my 3rd or 4th month now.
- i'm a taking centrum mulitvitamin daily, along with seperate supplements of vitamin A, C, E, and Fishoil.
- I try to workout at least 2 to 3 times a week, sometimes more. & i don't take hot steamy showers.
- i drink lots of water and orange juice
also i have some sebaceous hyperplasia...which only makes the emotional toll harder.
i'm literally so insecure that i don't leave the house anymore, not even to pick things up for my acne...i ususally get a parent to do it cos i'm too self concious of my face. Right now I think the only thing keeping me from self harm is positive thinking, which i have to just about force on myself. I've almost given up all hope, which lead me to come here and give this a try...not pushing my hopes up for a "cure" unless it miraclously does happen, but useful information? tips, anything! espesically from other people with Oily to Combination skin.
Anything Will Be Much Appreciated,
Edited by fallin, 10 July 2013 - 04:19 PM.